Request Language Poll Mir 2

What language/s do you use and would like to see within Mir 2? (If not already featured)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i dont think this would give an accurate result because alot of the korean/chinese users wouldnt read this and there for wouldnt vote.

plus its about getting user involved, i mean what a total of 27 votes... on a community with 1000's of users :/

Reactions: Jev

awesome

Microsoft
Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
i thought create all those languages, wanna create 200 languages?

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
English is all I can think of in this.

However I did learn a little bit of Polish but have got a german dictionary.

Solely I keep my answer at English.

luowenbo

LOMCN Rookie
Sep 20, 2021
Great idea, but as mentioned above, many Chinese and Koreans may not have noticed this vote, but I believe there are still a lot of players and developers from China.
I’m trying to find what languages our Mir 2 Community use.
What I want to say is that many players from China must need a VPN to access the LOMCN community, but many people do not have a VPN installed, so some players from China are restricted from voting!

Last edited:

cary

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 3, 2016
I guess a lot of Chinese vendors are still using the legacy Delphi engines to provide their users this kind of gaming service, which there's no need to waste time for the translation.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I have yet to see a good implementation of more than one language on a server.

Unless you can make it that you checkmark a radio button to select your language on autopatcher and from there on the game is all in your language automatically (only other lang you would see is in player chat), there is always that taste of alienation when pple see other langs other than their own in npc and other game dialogs.

Even if you made it as easy as selecting your language in autopatch, it would still require server owners to provide the text input for that other language and I don't see it being realistic. I find it amazing that Koreans and Chinese have such a problem with English when for most other nationalities English is pretty well sort of a second language, even officially in some of them.

LOL my lang is missing up there in voting but I don't complain and my countrymen wouldn't complain either if they played (too bad mir is unknown among them). Since computer gaming started out, they all got command of English at least sufficient for playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.