Last Epoch, an alternative to PoE

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastepoch/last-epoch

I've found this game a few days ago on Reddit and I've bought it. You don't find a game like this available for linux everyday :P

It's a kind of Diablo/Path of Exile with some nice features. I won't be making a list here as you can read them on kickstarter or their site. There's also a playable demo which is really smooth for a pre-alpha release.

And I swear, playing it reminded me of Mir a lot because of some mobs. Tell me this mother****er doesn't look familiar to you

jOUAePM.png PKSQQka.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWhXZOXGS1I

This is not spam in any way. I just wanted to share this game with you.

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
nothing will beat PoE for me tbh. A free game with continuous updates is pretty much a GG for me, they always manage to bring something out that's decent and fresh.

Will give this a go but am doubtful it will ever touch PoE.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
watched the first part of the video was just about to buy it.. then see the item over lay.. its the same as PoE. lol like font/style/layout isn't it?

It needs to be better and something new, not the same **** that come out nearly 5 years ago...

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
nothing will beat PoE for me tbh. A free game with continuous updates is pretty much a GG for me, they always manage to bring something out that's decent and fresh.

Yeah, PoE is awesome. I don't play it mainly because it's not available for linux but that's not the point.

New games are always good and they don't have to be the best of their class or anything like that, you can have countless hours of fun anyway.

It'll be free up to lvl 20 which is nice if you have doubts about buying it.

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Yea!
PoE is possibly the best game ever as far as F2P/Content Release.
Especially with Incursion coming out soon :3

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

You simply can't beat a game that updates as much as PoE does, and you can just pick it up for a week or 2, and play a new build every 6 months no worries.

Its brilliant.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I like the look of this because it looks so basic, easy to jump into a play where as PoE skill tree and socketing is so expansive i find it hard to enjoy..

Probably wouldn't waste my time on it though.