Last edited:

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
i done a huge post on this. lol

then pressed Del (NOOB)

these are 100% chinese and u will need a team to translate source + client + images + txt ect ect
daneo i suggest u pm me as i have some info you may want to hear.

as for the rest

good luck :P

Edit: just read the bad reputation lol , apparently im a idiot... i dont think idiots can help here then...

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
i done a huge post on this. lol

then pressed Del (NOOB)

these are 100% chinese and u will need a team to translate source + client + images + txt ect ect
daneo i suggest u pm me as i have some info you may want to hear.

as for the rest

good luck :P

Found the post, http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?79165-File-Release&p=881363&viewfull=1#post881363 you are refering to,

I have also PM'd you regarding this info.. what's it about? or because i called you an idiot. you not gonna tell me?

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Ty for release any teams going yet?

---------- Post Merged at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Can't download it atm Kuz I'm camping but was wondering if it's in Delphi or c# etc..

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
its in Delphi, ive had all Exe's compiled but not able to get working but wrong MirServer + Client

combie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 8, 2003
Crimond, Scotland
I've made a start on translating these files - all Parts compile fine so far. Will set up an SVN for anyone else who would like to help later this evening. Let me know if you're interested.

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
I've just interviewed a programmer that lives in china is bilingual and versed in Delphi and c#, im looking to hire him to convert these files not only to English but also to C#.

Once I have a working build I plan on making it entirely open source.

For those that say open source is bad, check out www.dolserver.net this project has thrived, it provides everyone with a standard client and also has a server selection program which means no more downloading a dozen different clients you simply select the server you want to play from a list and the server itself is where everything is customized.

The dolserver community averages a user count of over 700 people at all times day and night, there are obviously bigger owners that account for majority of the population due to hard diligent work to provide the best gameplay possible. However for those that want to begin making their own server its just a simple click of the mouse to get setup and added to the list.

Anyone wanting to get involved in the early stages of the project feel free to message me, the end goal is a true open source and standardized client and server files.

combie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 8, 2003
Crimond, Scotland
Interesting plan. I'm just gonna translate and get them working - no cash to splash out on employing another translator :P The c# sounds interesting too, but I was gonna stick with delphi for now.

My files are now up and Open source for the community. I've cleaned up the originals quite a bit.

SVN Repository: http://fugly.servegame.com:81/svn/
Username: Lomcn
Password: lomcn

This user is currently read-only, for those who are willing to help I'll create a write access account.

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Thx combie, this is pretty much my only hobby so I don't mind investing in it :) do you mind if I use your source as a starting point?

---------- Post Merged at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Also which client are you using to test with?

Reactions: daneo1989

combie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 8, 2003
Crimond, Scotland
Fair enough :) Pretty much mine too - but still not throwing cash at it :P

Feel free - That's the point in sharing my work :)

No done an actual test yet - will get onto that tonight..... would make a bit of sense really :P

Reactions: daneo1989

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Nice work Hershire + Combie nice to see this source aint going to waste :D +rep to both

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
My programmer is looking at it now should have a quote ready for me tomorrow , he got kind of wide eye'd on me once he saw the source lol. But I figure I don't drink don't do drugs don't party etc.. gotta have some kind of hobby lol

---------- Post Merged at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:57 PM ----------

thanks dan , open source FTW!

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
If you guys would like a guinea pig (tester) i am more then happy to help.

Just starting the basics on coding so im no good there at the moment

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
im useless in Delphi to be totally honest that's why im getting them converted to C# a much friendlier environment to develop in, the moment I have a successful compile and able to log in and play itll be posted in a public svn like combie's. This mainly so people can jump in and help if they want or just download and mess around whatever they want to do, brings the community together to work towards a common goal!

Reactions: Praktica and Tom27

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
My programmer is looking at it now should have a quote ready for me tomorrow , he got kind of wide eye'd on me once he saw the source lol. But I figure I don't drink don't do drugs don't party etc.. gotta have some kind of hobby lol
Best of luck, it's going to be a big job but a good future for mir :)

thanks dan , open source FTW!
+1

Reactions: Praktica

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
So how do I get the stuff off this svn ?
I've installed the SVN etc but can't see the files.
Do I just have to manually copy and paste each ? :(