Latest chinese eiserver.exe now translated

smoochy boys on tour

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
11-25 is Shagged Man - if you have it - chuck it n the Bin NOW !!! User 12-03

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/thill70/EI3.zip

This is about as translated as it gets i think.

As for your DB problem - load in the standard DB from whatever verison and add the new mobs and items to your liking - a DB is a DB - no need to worry too much about that side to be honest..

greymouser

Thanks for that tip, I have that version running with the MSRF2.9b stuff now as well, the weirdness with my newly created character having 1109 hp is gone but the images in game don't match what they say... ex: wooden sword looks completely different from what it should both in inventory and when equipped... This is probably something to do with the db not matching my client somehow I'm guessing.

Also, the items all have !! before their names like !!candle, etc.

I hope you don't mind my newbie questions, but I'll fire off a few anyway. :D

First, what server files do folks use to start? MSRF2.9b or something else? I've only been able to locate the MSRF ones and one chinese one (untranslated) so far... I mean the "complete package" as it were, including database.

Second, is there anyplace I can look for info on how to do various things from npc scripts to database edits? Trying to get a handle on this is kinda rough for a complete newbie hehe.

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
The Items not looking right is both DB and Client related - the two have to match up :

Equip.wil - this is thee items on your paper doll char and how they look.
Fmmap.wil is the mini map for outside (such as BW etc)
Ground.Wil - Items what they look like when they are on the ground.
Inventory.Wil - What they look like when you bring up your Bag
M-Helmet1.wil - What the Helmets looks like when your wearing it
mmap.wil - mini map for indoor places (caves and such)
Mon-XXX.wil - the mobs
MonS-XXX.Wil - the shadows
M-WepaonsX.Wil - Wepaons as you see them on screen
W-WeaponsX.Wil - Same as above but female i think
NPC.Wil - The NPC's

No Idea why the latest Servers have !! at the start of everything.

DOnt think anybody has published a complete Server Update for ages - Maybe Ill make one soon - the problem though is most of the files are also client side and I dont have space to store all of that like. Stuff Like Getting New Sabuk Wall to look correctly requires new map as well as some client side files to actually look right. Same goes for Ancient Worlds etc.

As for scripting NPC - Just look through the Exisitng ones and and you can soon work out what the commands do like.

greymouser

ok, I would like to continue this but will make a new thread rather than hijak this one :D

Rampage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2003
Coalville, Leicestershire

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
The client (english) is inside my post of EI3 BTW and thats def up..

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Rampage said:
ok tyvm

does this exe support new spells if so where can i get the magic.wils from for it

wemades ftp?

The new magic dont work as yet - the effect might (by getting a updated Magic.wil) but the actual spell doing any damage - well that aint working yet at all.

Dark12345

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
Portsmouth