Leave of Absence.

smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
I'd have thought majority of the community would be in their 30's, having played Euro Mir as a teenager.
There are a couple younglings in here, I myself am 24 don't mix us up with you old fossils lmao

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
People still have the audacity to call it donations when they have whacky game shops? You know the risks with paypal, if you get ****ed by greed then it's your own fault. Use BTC.

The "Donations" term always made me laugh too.

I personally wouldnt want to have that sort of income as i'd be a bit hesitant to recieve it and not report it to HMRC. I know its a grey area regarding when is the income classed as a donation or gross income (pre tax) as selling assets which would need to be reported to HMRC. Having seen how hard some self employed people have been hit for non-declared income regardless of if they could of offset expenses i'd still not want to get involved.

Its not even a tricky area for them to investigate/obtain evidence.

Going under the radar with "donations" that could be classed as donations such as making enough money to keep the server hosted is one thing, but making 10..20k + etc is just being greedy and imo asking for trouble to which I don't think lomcn should get involved when such transactions goes tits up then punishing the whale..cretin anymore than hells has been.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
The "Donations" term always made me laugh too.

I personally wouldnt want to have that sort of income as i'd be a bit hesitant to recieve it and not report it to HMRC. I know its a grey area regarding when is the income classed as a donation or gross income (pre tax) as selling assets which would need to be reported to HMRC. Having seen how hard some self employed people have been hit for non-declared income regardless of if they could of offset expenses i'd still not want to get involved.

Its not even a tricky area for them to investigate/obtain evidence.

Going under the radar with "donations" that could be classed as donations such as making enough money to keep the server hosted is one thing, but making 10..20k + etc is just being greedy and imo asking for trouble to which I don't think lomcn should get involved when such transactions goes tits up then punishing the whale..cretin anymore than hells has been.

10/20£k is greedy? You understand somebody like Jamie could make much more in a coding job in the time it takes him to make one of these servers.

• Haha
Reactions: Tai
Status
Not open for further replies.