Leave of Absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
Two days ago I went to Starbucks and there was this customer running around shitting in everyone's cup, when I complained to the manager he took offense and insulted me instead, telling me they don't get involved with disputes between customers. I went to the same Starbucks yesterday and found the same guy shitting in cups again, but the manager assured me it's okay because that customer had a nickname, they called him Untrusted. Confused as I was, I walked away. Today I decided I'd give the local Starbucks another chance but when I walked past I saw it was empty.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Why is this thread still going? Leave and be done with it or stay and get on with things........

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Two days ago I went to Starbucks and there was this customer running around shitting in everyone's cup, when I complained to the manager he took offense and insulted me instead, telling me they don't get involved with disputes between customers. I went to the same Starbucks yesterday and found the same guy shitting in cups again, but the manager assured me it's okay because that customer had a nickname, they called him Untrusted. Confused as I was, I walked away. Today I decided I'd give the local Starbucks another chance but when I walked past I saw it was empty.

And thats why starbucks its and overpriced sh1t

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
This isn't ******* Starbucks pal nor is it the Legend of Mir Private Server Game$hop Ombudsman. If the community can't decide on the best course of action (which has been proven here with very split opinions on the matter) then how are we supposed to proceed other than issuing the same punishment as has been enforced with previous cases?

Pottsy said:
As i mentioned before, this forum has in the past had no trouble blocking people from advertising servers under certain circumstances, whether it be by files or because of the server name...I personally see no logical reason not to be blocking this specific person from advertising here when using the Zircon source....it's a very simple request, and not one that Jamie will be able to use more than once as he wouldn't have any ground to stand on should he ever opt into being petty to anyone he simply disliked.

It's also a request that has not been made. Instead we got this awful thread. Like I said way back at the start, this could have been handled better but it's clear to me that Jamie has made his decision.

• Wow
Reactions: nigelfarage

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
This isn't *** Starbucks pal nor is it the Legend of Mir Private Server Game$hop Ombudsman. If the community can't decide on the best course of action (which has been proven here with very split opinions on the matter) then how are we supposed to proceed other than issuing the same punishment as has been enforced with previous cases?

It's also a request that has not been made. Instead we got this awful thread. Like I said way back at the start, this could have been handled better but it's clear to me that Jamie has made his decision.

Just lock this thread down, decission been already made. No more drama senpai plz

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I don't know who Ben is.

Solution is a permanent IP ban.
I went to Starbucks yesterday and the guy making my coffee took a **** in the cup, when I complained to the manager he took offense and insulted me instead. I went to the same Starbucks today and found the same guy shitting in cups again, but the manager assured me it's okay because his title was changed from barista to untrusted.

You analogy is seriously flawed and you have missed the message being called out in this thread constantly which is community spirit. We can't decide on a course of action as a community and further Negativity won't help. Focus on something that might yield a more positive outcome like asking people why their playing hells server. If the answer is they don't care and feel like the server is good then you instantly have a divided community where one extreme action for good or bad can't be carried out.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
You analogy is seriously flawed and you have missed the message being called out in this thread constantly which is community spirit. We can't decide on a course of action as a community and further Negativity won't help. Focus on something that might yield a more positive outcome like asking people why their playing hells server.

Okay everybody put your hands together it's time we defeat all our problems with the power of friendship and positivity.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
The community is so divided on this - See why we, us admins also have problems coming to agreement too?

What Hells did was shitty but the only impact was on Jamie and Zircon, not the community as a whole. He has been given Untrusted Member title. If people still want to play a server owned by someone with such reputation, then I wish them luck.

Would say it was a massive issue for zircon it delayed an important update, thus effecting the majority of the community (mostly mir3) even if it was 100 transactions @ X 1 pound per donation the issue would have still been the same.Principals are he tried to defraud Jamie, and ruined everyone else's game development.

It's done now let face it lomcn needs dramas it's how it works here. Which is a shame.

This topic is complete I have posted.

Locked.

wumatica

RandomHero
Golden Oldie
Nov 21, 2007
only 2 things must be said about this matter:
  1. Hells is a bitch and needs the untrusted tittle
  2. Jamie shouldn't keep LOMCN accountable for what Hells did to him. Rules are rules and in the end Jamie still got to make a ton of money on Hells (who's the winner;)). Take some time to clear you mind pal. Hope to see you back at some point.
ps. props to Tai on how he's handling the situation (and all other members of the moderation team)

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
A lot of drama over nothing, cheaters have a biggier impact on servers then what his guy did and all they get is a new title.

I don't know Jamie or hells but it looks to me that one person is trying to use his reputation to get his own way, but lomcn are rightly not to get involved.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
this should have been the end of it... surely...

you solved it yaself?...

But he asked for him to be banned and didn't get a reply, so I'm guessing this is the main fuel behind his reasons to leave the community. Whether or not he won the cases, sometimes we were up for hours wasting so much time on this (let alone the stress it gave Jamie) that otherwise should have been devoted to the server. I can't help but imagine if hells had won the cases instead, he'd have been banned without a second thought, as it would have caused the closure of Zircon. Seems like your justification for him not getting a ban is because hells lost the cases, right?

He still tried to pull a fast one, he just failed. I'm not going to give a shitty analogy, this threads a dumpster fire already, but I can see WHY Jamie wants to leave, even though I think he shouldn't.

Reactions: nigelfarage

awesome

Microsoft
Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
I don't think Jamie should leave. The server is very problematic because it's illegal and cannot be defended if some problems or conflict with money occurs. I personally would pay back the money just not to make things worse and go to jail. The server is illegal to own and dishonoring to the owners. It's gigabytes of copyrighted files. Pay back, hope nothing happens (avoid jail time) and quit copying and create something 100% legal

• Haha
Reactions: ventus and zedina

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
I don't think Jamie should leave. The server is very problematic because it's illegal and cannot be defended if some problems or conflict with money occurs. I personally would pay back the money just not to make things worse and go to jail. The server is illegal to own and dishonoring to the owners. It's gigabytes of copyrighted files. Pay back, hope nothing happens (avoid jail time) and quit copying and create something 100% legal
if wemade dont closed this forum u can stay in peace man. ;)
Until u cannot **** ydonline or shanda ones, u can do things in europe :)
but careful in asia...laws are diff.. :D

Always that comunity is by stolen files or cracked ones to give the chance to ppl open private servers.

Imagine if i share or sell kor files i have on ydonline version... XD

Btw i dont think ydonline or wemade will issue or try to **** that files, because need lots todo and changes to be near mir3 standards quality and play feeling.

cya ;)

Reactions: zedina

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
People still have the audacity to call it donations when they have whacky game shops? You know the risks with paypal, if you get ****ed by greed then it's your own fault. Use BTC.

Shame not all have crypto wallets.

Status
Not open for further replies.