Leave of Absence.

smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
without hells, lcd wouldnt be getting paid and wouldn't be doing this work how assback wards do you have to be to fail to understand that. hells has said countless times he is clueless and learning so ofcourse its not gonna be anything but zircon at high rate for now.... again how retarded are you? have you not read a single thing on here and just jumped right in acting all big and ******* mighty. get a grip

whats done is done he wasn't the first to do it and wont be the last he grew a set of bollocks and apologized for what he did and wants to make amends. man the **** up boys and get on with it let the man child jaime have a cry he will be back for the next server once zircons dried up

LCD given away library editor for .ZL libs even way before being hired by Hells.

Reactions: ventus

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
scamming I think? possible Cheating? not 100% sure, trying to get your money back and losing isn't exactly... any of those o.0

the only person here that's at a loss is Hells...?
So trying to charge back on paypal for what he spent on in game is not scamming ? Pretty sure I've seen the UnTrusted title handed out for far less in the past.

Cheers Jamie for your contributions and wish you well.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
without hells, lcd wouldnt be getting paid and wouldn't be doing this work how assback wards do you have to be to fail to understand that. hells has said countless times he is clueless and learning so ofcourse its not gonna be anything but zircon at high rate for now.... again how retarded are you? have you not read a single thing on here and just jumped right in acting all big and ******* mighty. get a grip

whats done is done he wasn't the first to do it and wont be the last he grew a set of bollocks and apologized for what he did and wants to make amends. man the **** up boys and get on with it let the man child jaime have a cry he will be back for the next server once zircons dried up

So LCD wouldn't contribute if he wasn't getting paid? Think you've been sucking that dick too hard and popped a few brain cells mate... Ah well as long has he's apologised that makes everything all better!

Think the apology came the day after Zircon source was released and Hells had a straight copy of Zircon running ;)

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
So LCD wouldn't contribute if he wasn't getting paid? Think you've been sucking that dick too hard and popped a few brain cells mate... Ah well as long has he's apologised that makes everything all better!

Think the apology came the day after Zircon source was released and Hells had a straight copy of Zircon running ;)

LCD been giving away fixes for me even if i dont pay him. He is cool guy, always willing to give a hand.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
A shame, really.

I remember when the Zircon files were released, Jamie even replied to hells specifically stating he doesn't want him using his files - but knows he's going to ignore that request anyway. Lo and behold - he ignored said request.

I don't really think hells is the kind of person we want in this community, but nothing was done about it. I do think Jamie should have pm'd Tai seperately but frankly, if leaving LOMCN gives Jamie some closure then so be it. I must admit it does leave a sour taste in the mouth knowing someone who outright tried to **** you over and waste countless hours (of which even I was a party too, making sure Jamie stayed sane during the ordeal) is now literally using your contributions to the community and profiting off of it.

I don't blame LCD for working for him at all, if you can make money off of this shitty old game we all love so much then props to you tbh. Fairwell Jamie, will catch you in Japan sometime next year.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
I understand the moderation team wants to stay out of matters like this, but this deserves an exception, even if Jamie were to stay here and didn't start this thread, Hells should have still been banned weeks ago regardless.

Xele

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2017
I personally don't think that LOMCN should get involved with server issues, most the people know what Hells is like and things he has done previously, I would be surprised if he managed to gain many users to his server anyhow. There are plenty of terrible people in the Mir community, you soon find out who they are and who to trust, but that doesn't mean that they should be removed from the community, just my thoughts on it.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Nobody has mentioned this simple solution;

Don't use the same forum name as in game :D no one would be any wiser.

Reactions: Martyn

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
I don't really think hells is the kind of person we want in this community, but nothing was done about it. I do think Jamie should have pm'd Tai seperately but frankly, if leaving LOMCN gives Jamie some closure then so be it. I must admit it does leave a sour taste in the mouth knowing someone who outright tried to **** you over and waste countless hours (of which even I was a party too, making sure Jamie stayed sane during the ordeal) is now literally using your contributions to the community and profiting off of it.

I don't blame LCD for working for him at all, if you can make money off of this shitty old game we all love so much then props to you tbh. Fairwell Jamie, will catch you in Japan sometime next year.

I agree with some of whats being said hells shouldn't have done what he did but i don't believe hells is profiting from this? There was no donations when i played and everyone was being given gamegold/huntgold? On top of him paying LCD x amount of money..

Jamie released the files and someone he didn't want using them is using them. Either don't release them or suffer?

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
To be fair there has been some right shady people being allowed to advertise servers in he past, cashcow servers especially. Shady as in under the table deals, banning players for ££ etc.
I'd put hells in the same bracket as Lapta. Same kind of person really.

• Wow
Reactions: HeadHunter

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Better ways to handle this Jamie, but hey ho what's done is done.
There are plenty of Admins around and active - A quick PM to discuss would have been much better.

Good luck with your leave - Hope you manage to clear your head.

Reactions: Exsodius

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Mir is a game that relies on popularity amongst the nostalgic community.

I’d rather have one of the most “positively” popular person keeping it going in some way... involved in the community, than the trade off being losing that person for a “negatively” popular person.

Take some time off - see karma come around as it always does - re visit Mir like we all do. @Jamie

wxypk2009

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 15, 2017
I will be taking my leave from LOMCN very shortly (End of this month), I will not be back whilst the problems I have still exist.

I was planning on doing this last year after the £7,000+ in disputes and seeing the person was still belonging to this community. To be honest this was more depressing than dealing with the disputes for other a month... However since he vanished and I decided to stay, since it was no longer a problem.

I release the files like I have originally said I would, I wanted to give back to the community that I felt I belonged to for such a long time. I am happy that I release, I do no regret doing so.

But since the person in question has returned, I just cannot be a part of this community anymore. It bothers me way too much that the admins felt that his actions were something that is acceptable for this community.

Thanks for all the good memories,

Jamie
You left lomcn, which means that the plan for zircon and sapphire server is over, I want to play your new server.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
The president was already set, in the form of an 'untrusted member' title. Whether it is £5 or £7,000 is irrelevant. You can't have one rule for one person and one for another. (That's not to say I agree with the route, personally, I'd ban them all outright.)

As for preventing server advertisement, he is using 'publicly' released files, if we did that to every 'dodgy' server owner, there would be almost none left. Not exactly a benefit to the community in general. Again, it's all or none. Hell's isn't that special.

On the upside, he will likely fund whatever server he plays next, so there's that.

-
To be clear, I'd relish in the idea that everyone doing such things were outright banned. But they aren't. Consistency and unbiased decision making are important. Expecting some exception here is just silly.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
As for preventing server advertisement, he is using 'publicly' released files, if we did that to every 'dodgy' server owner, there would be almost none left.

There are acceptable levels of "dodgy"

The cash grab ones are somewhat acceptable, as you can't avoid them...unless you comb over every advertisement and have some sort of "minimum" standard from every server owner, these will always exist. It's up to us to not play them lol. This is completely unrealistic to police all the time, but i think could be somewhat more controlled than it is.

LOMCN at one point (I don't know if this is even a thing anymore?) use to out right block advertisements if they were running server files without the owners permission. This would be back in the 1.4/1.9 days. Obviously all the files were the same, so really it was the databases/items/maps etc being used that wern't allowed to be used without permission. AlphaFrozen for instance was protected for quite some time, same with other popular servers and even the names were protected lol.

I agree that since Jamie publicly released the files, he has no right over them anymore. But this clown doesn't deserve to run any server, let alone on ones created by a server owner he could very easily have caused the shutdown of....I wonder if that would have painted a different picture for you all? Zircon shutdown, and this Insanity came up after the release, would you all be so willing to allow him to advertise? He doesn't even have the decency to change anything that relates to Zircon, even the activation e-mail still comes through as Zircon...The server files are also still hosted in a folder called "Zircon Server Files" lol! Could not have a more on the nose insult if he tried.

You would have to be blind to not see how daft it is to allow that scrub to advertise here, and how the situation is unique to him only. There will be no "example" being set, and no rules being made just because of the contribution and no falling over to Jamies every whim...It's just this 1 server, pure and simple.

Jamie and Zed never saw eye to eye really, and yet I don't see any complaint about that one, do you? Might be because even though they argued, they had different views....Zed at least never pulled that kind of disrespectful stunt...

Anyway, i'm sure everyones right...in a few months his server will die, Jamie might return, and he might return to develop some more stuff...but I doubt he would release it again, only time will tell.

rayray

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 26, 2011
There are acceptable levels of "dodgy"

The cash grab ones are somewhat acceptable, as you can't avoid them...unless you comb over every advertisement and have some sort of "minimum" standard from every server owner, these will always exist. It's up to us to not play them lol. This is completely unrealistic to police all the time, but i think could be somewhat more controlled than it is.

LOMCN at one point (I don't know if this is even a thing anymore?) use to out right block advertisements if they were running server files without the owners permission. This would be back in the 1.4/1.9 days. Obviously all the files were the same, so really it was the databases/items/maps etc being used that wern't allowed to be used without permission. AlphaFrozen for instance was protected for quite some time, same with other popular servers and even the names were protected lol.

I agree that since Jamie publicly released the files, he has no right over them anymore. But this clown doesn't deserve to run any server, let alone on ones created by a server owner he could very easily have caused the shutdown of....I wonder if that would have painted a different picture for you all? Zircon shutdown, and this Insanity came up after the release, would you all be so willing to allow him to advertise? He doesn't even have the decency to change anything that relates to Zircon, even the activation e-mail still comes through as Zircon...The server files are also still hosted in a folder called "Zircon Server Files" lol! Could not have a more on the nose insult if he tried.

You would have to be blind to not see how daft it is to allow that scrub to advertise here, and how the situation is unique to him only. There will be no "example" being set, and no rules being made just because of the contribution and no falling over to Jamies every whim...It's just this 1 server, pure and simple.

Jamie and Zed never saw eye to eye really, and yet I don't see any complaint about that one, do you? Might be because even though they argued, they had different views....Zed at least never pulled that kind of disrespectful stunt...

Anyway, i'm sure everyones right...in a few months his server will die, Jamie might return, and he might return to develop some more stuff...but I doubt he would release it again, only time will tell.

Every server in the last say 5 years+ has been a cash grab just some are better at disguising it than others, do you believe Jamie's intention was to develop servers for everyone to enjoy and him not to profit from it? or bens servers? or sams? it's all about that dolla bill.

The only server I can think of that's been somewhat successful and wasn't a cash grab was sanji's.

OT - cya Jamie, you were a complete cock womble of a GM but I guess you can't be that bad IRL because you're still breathing :ROFLMAO: best of luck with your future endeavours.

Status
Not open for further replies.