Legend of Mir 2 - Valkyrie

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Its basic how you set frames per ms, not throwing **** to Zircon or w/e just that jamie raised step movement and did some frames changes on ms.

I am confused?

Zircon, Marble was 6 frames per movement, same as every other Mir, It cannot be raised because there are only 6 frames.

Reactions: deathking

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
I am confused?

Zircon, Marble was 6 frames per movement, same as every other Mir, It cannot be raised because there are only 6 frames.

7th frame was a picture of a carrot, too fast for human eye to see, but subconsciously programming people to each more carrots.

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
will this be out before 20th jan?

Hello Dear all,

After open beta being so successful and finding literally no bugs and the server being extremely balanced.

I am pleased to announce Valkyrie Mir2 will be going LIVE on 11th Jan at 8pm.

Again i would like to thank all the beta testers for their work and input over the last week.

see you all on the 11th!!

Regards
Valkyrie

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I am confused?

You aren't confused just arrogant.

I stated that frames seconds been adjusted that caused the smoothness.

I had same problem on my server, frames had bigger delay and been adjusted which made the game more smooth not jitter.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey,

Just wanted to ask a few things was on playing the test server to 80 last night on a tao:

1) pets - I like that at lvl 1 we get a skeley to start with but pets seem a bit weak and with your lvl 1 just kinda being your starter pet worries me you will go 80 lvls to get your normal 3 pets. Any chance this could be spiced up? Maybe see some extra pets throughout the levels? If even if there completely pants pvp wise purely for pve reasons

2) my pets seemed to be hitting 1 to 2s at time and repeatedly missing wizzies with shield up? Would of expected a bit higher but the missing bit was more the sore point.

3) portal skill- I thought this could of been used both ways such as to send myself or my attacker away but seemed to only be usable by myself. Is it possible to have this changed to work on others as well as would give extra options in pvp and is there a chance to look at the cool downs? Takes a bit to setup and if it fails to cast due to distance still triggers your cool down and drains mana

4) 8% exp skill - max level seems to last around 5 mins any chance of having this extended a bit more as can see on hunts getting really repetitive with constant casting with low sc. Not talking an hour or anything think it should be short but enough time to lure up and clear a small room.

Seems like a good server looking forward to playing just feel like tao needs a little more love to make them feel unique from taos from other servers as so far portal is unique and funky addition but outside that the other new skills like 8 percent exp increase felt less like a skill and more like a 'oo take me in your party please' as I'm looking at wars getting hammer skills, wizzies getting all sorts of mad new aoes and while everyone plays with their cool new toys I'm sat going 8 percent exp anyone?

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Hey,

Just wanted to ask a few things was on playing the test server to 80 last night on a tao:

I'll answer you after I take a shower xD

btw I made a thread regarding class discussion, use the correct channels GAWD!

stephens_l

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2003
Hey,

1) pets - I like that at lvl 1 we get a skeley to start with but pets seem a bit weak and with your lvl 1 just kinda being your starter pet worries me you will go 80 lvls to get your normal 3 pets. Any chance this could be spiced up? Maybe see some extra pets throughout the levels? If even if there completely pants pvp wise purely for pve reasons

2) my pets seemed to be hitting 1 to 2s at time and repeatedly missing wizzies with shield up? Would of expected a bit higher but the missing bit was more the sore point.

3) portal skill- I thought this could of been used both ways such as to send myself or my attacker away but seemed to only be usable by myself. Is it possible to have this changed to work on others as well as would give extra options in pvp and is there a chance to look at the cool downs? Takes a bit to setup and if it fails to cast due to distance still triggers your cool down and drains mana

4) 8% exp skill - max level seems to last around 5 mins any chance of having this extended a bit more as can see on hunts getting really repetitive with constant casting with low sc. Not talking an hour or anything think it should be short but enough time to lure up and clear a small room.

Seems like a good server looking forward to playing just feel like tao needs a little more love to make them feel unique from taos from other servers as so far portal is unique and funky addition but outside that the other new skills like 8 percent exp increase felt less like a skill and more like a 'oo take me in your party please' as I'm looking at wars getting hammer skills, wizzies getting all sorts of mad new aoes and while everyone plays with their cool new toys I'm sat going 8 percent exp anyone?

Haha :lol

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
Hey,

1+2-skele str increases each time the spell levels up, I didnt play the beta when everyone was 80+ but from 0-60 I found tao pets to be fine, a little OP if anything

4- this buffs all group players on the screen, I think 5mins is plenty of time, it makes taos more useful in big hunting groups

HyperBookIt

LOMCN Member
Aug 29, 2018
You get normal skele at level 40 I think (equivalents to 20 on euro) this means you can have 2 skeles at same time once you hit 40 they also scale off tao level and sc. taos also have lots of new moves like that exploding sfb that does a AOE on impact

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
@smeghead2

1) LesserSkele at lvl 1, get a few levels and make sure to lvl the skill asap > Skele 38 (equivelent to lvl 19 lvling wise), then you have dual pet already!, on x2 beta xp I went from 0-65 1 week with barely any effort to grinding > Shinshu lvl 70 > Shinshu lvl 3 (lvl 75). lvl 3 pets get an additional bonus debuff that will make you happy I'm sure, unlike on past Mirs that have the lvl 3 stay very static in damage and usefuless, more SC the more damage+resists btw.

2) Sorry didn't test this vs Wiz shield! All I'll say is Wiz's are meant to be rewarded heavily for casting the right shield vs the correct damage (physical/magic), fyi if they cast the wrong shield they only take 20% damage reduction, with their amount of HP! Also you made me curious if pets are hitting physical/magic (i guess shinny magic, skele physical, or could be just magical seeing as they are determined by SC, I'm surprised skele did barely any damage, it definetly does damage!).

3) Wrong advertisement on Portal, I'm with you on that! I think Portal is in a good state though and I feel their are other naggs to be working on right now. Plop the portal behind you (somewhere safe) as your watching your party member fighting, if he gets cc'd/low HP, you can drop a portal immediately on his head to get him to safety, or on yourself AND you can portal again shortly after because the 1st one is still alive! Also this scenerio : Cast Portal in a cave floor, RT, then tell a team mate your plopping down your 2nd Portal, tell him to enter the 1st one and transfer is complete! (remembering if anyone, including yourself enters the 1st Portal, the Portal spell is broken, the life of Portal is the 1st one).

4) We did have the exp skill much higher at 16%, but the decision to lower it to 8% was more suited and ends up making cash shop xp more worth (I believe it's going to be 20% xp pots max). I agree with you about longer duration, it got nerfed and now it should last longer because at lvl 1 you'll be screaming inside a bit at having to keep it up, I'm also a little dissapointed in a skill with it's only function giving XP, it could give additional functions like carrying weight+ or healthrecovery+ (off the top of my head could come up with better) for wasting a keybind.

The Tao before lvl 80 functions well enough honestly (after 80 the AoE utility is out like Curse/PC/Plague), you can't have them too useful, especially in the early or you are going to have bigger problems like more and more people picking Tao for easy grinding. Pet's are more useful for additional grinding deeps I promise you, you'll enjoy the new single target Holy Smite, increased lvls make Trap Hex relavent and AC/AMC buffs aren't a joke they are scaling buffs.

I'm a little concerned for how popular Tao is, other servers have skewed the system and made Tao and additional "force" equal in some fashion to the other classes, but Tao role was never meant to be that forced, it's primary role is to support, if you like getting kills on LoL and get fustrated over assists then I suggest you don't pick Tao.
Other classes have been given new life and are just as fun, even though pet auto's are a lovely and easy feature to get lured by, try and keep it together guys :P Tao is given love here, in the right way!

Last edited:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
[MENTION=29152]WelshSteel[/MENTION]

Cheers for the in-depth replay shows you guys have thought a lot about the Tao. As for league I haven't played in a bit but I used play nidalee back in long ranged spear shots wrecked peoples HP, transitioned to skill shot mages MID then moved to AP support so i got all over haha.

I do agree other servers have turned them into power machines but also disagree they are a support only class that even Euro Mir was starting to embrace the idea of with likes of Poison Cloud. I got to 43 in euro mir as tao and felt powerless in most pvps until Deva for the flinch which felt like a life-time and then when got Curse / Poison Cloud i was finally a force that could fight back regardless if Wizz / War.

I have to say though your server looks good. Your communication and thought put in is amazing and regardless of changes to a Tao I am looking forward to playing one to see your idea of a Tao I just hope I can hold my own against the other classes in PvP without having to say "Hey! Don't attack me or you will be sorry when my m8 arrives or i get lvl 83!" and that I get Heaven Armour on my first Forest Yeti slaying.

Good luck and looking forward to being online :)

stephens_l

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2003
Welsh, are you on the server team?

I did wonder the same at first, but.. reading his posts closely i think he's just an enthusiastic player that has been fairly involved with the testing :p

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I just presumed if I'm honest that he was with the quick replays and interactions

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
This is a unique sitation where I've just got a ton of free time, just helping generate hype for what I believe is a deserving server that needs more exposure. From unique items, music, map area to pvp balance, this guy has shown more sense and passion than all the other servers I've bounced around in last 3 years.

Fingers crossed and hope no bell ends spoil it xD

@smeghead No ofc Tao isn't only support role, i'm just reffering to it's primary function in a group, something a lot of devs have imo just painted over with putting a lot of sugar onto skills like Poison Cloud but that is a simple spell, it doesn't highlight your strength as a Tao, you could jump on Wiz and do something similar.

Last edited:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Geez if you had told me that I wouldn't of been that nice to you.... Haha only joking i think it's cool and think your right to be passionate as we have been crying out for unique elements which I think why servers like this and marble get a lot of deserved hype