Legend of Mir 2 - Valkyrie

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
maybe considering change the interface plz? The old c file looks rlly ugly tbh, kind sick and tired of this, just do what apocalypse does
Apoc interface is ugly.

There... balance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Apoc interface is just another mir UI we've seen 100 times.

I'm yet to see any server who has made a decent ui from scratch (or taken from a completely different game)

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
Lol not saying apocalypse ui is good, but anything, the old c file ui just way too ugly

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Maybe I should release some of the "from scratch" ones? I agree though, wemade is ugly, they made so many sizing mistakes, including poor importing methods causing the whole UI to be pixelated.

Jokes, I ain't got time for lomcn nowadays.

---------- Post Merged at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Apoc interface is just another mir UI we've seen 100 times.

I'm yet to see any server who has made a decent ui from scratch (or taken from a completely different game)

Well there's DKs

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Maybe I should release some of the "from scratch" ones? I agree though, wemade is ugly, they made so many sizing mistakes, including poor importing methods causing the whole UI to be pixelated.

Jokes, I ain't got time for lomcn nowadays.

---------- Post Merged at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Well there's DKs
I meant we've never seen a server which is live use a different ui.

Seen plenty of in dev ones. Most stay in dev lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I meant we've never seen a server which is live use a different ui.

Seen plenty of in dev ones. Most stay in dev lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would never suggest UI development as being even close to something i was competent at. However, I'm not really sure what we could do to make it 'better'. There's only so many ways you can show hp/mp, target stats & a hotbar.

UI's across the board are fairly generic, because that's what the user wants, familiarity. Other than adding fancy 'fluff' what is there to change?
Especially on a game over a decade old, peoples threshold for change is about 0.

This is an actual question, how to make it 'better'?

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
well for me when I see an mir ad here I look at the ui 1st, the ones with the old ui I wouldn’t even give it try

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
well for me when I see an mir ad here I look at the ui 1st, the ones with the old ui I wouldn’t even give it try

Should probably get into something like design instead of playing Mir then if that's what interests you more.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Would you rather they spend time on ui or gameplay and content ??
Considering 99% of serves never add any new 'gameplay & content', just recycle the same old ****, its a null question.

I actually don't mind the crystal UI myself. for the most part i just re-colored it.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I remember servers for various features but never for UI

redoing UI wasted effort

only worth it if you made it pretty or at least interesting to look at, functionality being matter of course

UI changes proposed around here in past ranged from downright ugh to meh at the best of times

what's the bigger problem when it comes to redoing UI, the artistic side of it (phtoshopping it) or making it (the buttons) work and keep the gfx elements in right place?

Sesso123

LOMCN Leecher
Sep 17, 2018
Re: [Custom C# Files] Legend of Mir 2 - Valkyrie

[QUOTE = LOMValkyrie; 1117927]
Y9QTb4X.png

服务器速率 - 低速率自定义

服务器实时日期 - TBC

Post将在未来更新越来越多的信息,但现在只是享受创建的新世界的预览。

RdY9jlF.jpg

服务器描述

Legend of Mir 2 Valkyrie is a server built from the ground up, i have completely wiped everything from the files and started from nothing to give a truly fresh experience for the player. I have been working on this server on and off for the past 2 years or so.

World Map

The world map shown above is the results of endless weeks searching for the best maps to make a complete custom new world for the server.
I hope to give a great new experience to all new and old Mir players.

The World Map Boasts 19+ Caves with much room for further expansions in the future.
As well as lands themselves which are riddled with Sub Bosses, monsters and hidden quests.
Included within these are 3 different Mines used within crafting.

Leveling Structure & Exp Rate

The exp rate is totally custom and the leveling structure moved away from the standard 0-40 euro type. On Valkyrie level 80 will be the new "Level 40".
Do not be fooled this is in no way a high rate server, the stats in which you would have at level 40 on low rate euro mir are the same as what you would have on level 80 on Valkyrie.
The level structure has been stretched out over more levels with similar total exp to what you would normally be used to on a low rate server.
Stretching out the levels has many benefits allowing much greater depth to characters and different varying items and kits within the server. Also more depth when it comes to skills and abilities that are level dependent e.g. Should Dash, Repulse, Turn Undead, Electric Shock just to name a few.
Instead of saying you are level 40 50% you would be level 81 for example.

Item and Character Stats

Item stats are again custom as is the whole item db, nothing is used from the original euro item DB so everything is fresh and completely new to the player.
There are no euro items within Valkyrie, every item is unique and created by me.
Item stats will be considered low rate.

Item Grades

On Valkyrie there are 5 item grades
Common, Uncommon, Rare, Quest and Legendary.

KZL42RP.png

If by chance you are lucky enough to come across a Legendary item.
These items are non up gradable but possess a wealth of unique stats and power to your character.

4vFmuru.png

Mob Drops

When looking at the current c files drop system i wanted to create something that would benefit the casual players and solo players giving everyone a chance for a rare drop and not just the elites who camp the biggest bosses thus increasing the power gap.
Obviously for killing the biggest bosses will always net you the best chances of getting good and rare gear.
But i believe even the solo player who can only play 1-2 hours a day should have a little chance to get something good.

The mass drop files are unique to all mobs.

On Valkyrie EVERY mob has a chance to mass drop.

ESa7fkF.png
95SWBm5.png

And if you are lucky even a BOSS can mass drop giving increased chances for rare or higher level gear that boss would not normally drop.

d4eOMYQ.png

9cSLoRZ.png

With this new system i really hope to bring that exciting RNG back to leveling, group grinding
and boss killing.

Sound

To me, Sound and music are powerful things within a game and i have implemented this in Valkyrie.
Every mob has sounds and if there were none available i have custom created sounds(from real animals in some cases) to ensure everything is heard.
Long gone are the days when searching for a boss hoping it has a light aura.
Even legendary weapons i have gone to the extent to making custom swing sounds.

Music

Every map in Valkyrie has custom music to what i believe fits the area.
I really hope everyone enjoys the map music as much as i do.
Escpecially the Boss KR rooms which were specially selected to really get your adrenaline levels raised
while in those boss rooms.
i would like to say more but dont want to spoil it.

More Description to come later..

Classes
The Warrior

WBYmQ8F.png

The warrior, a hulking mass of health and physical defense capable of dealing massive burst damage with spells such as Flaming Sword, Twin Drake Blade and Frozen Hammer. Anyone stood too long next to a warrior will soon be reviving in town.

REWORKED SPELLS
Twin Drake Blade
giphy.gif
Twin Drake Blade a core spell of the warrior will ignore AC on 2nd hit and when yellow poisned enemies will receive 20% extra damage. They will not be "stunned" and will still hit you, it will also silence spell casting for the duration.
Flaming Sword
giphy.gif
Flaming Sword is one of the biggest burst damage spells in a warriors arsenal, hitting upto 2.8x your DC. It can also burn poison enemies which deals damage over time cutting AC and MAC.
NEW SPELLS
Kinetic Slash
giphy.gif
Kinetic slash is a quality of life skill to aid warrior until that crucial TDB powerspike, learned quite early it can hit upto 1.6x your DC. It has a cooldown of 2 seconds and no mana consumption really changing a warriors early game playstyle and kill potential.
Frozen Hammer
giphy.gif
The Frozen Hammer, a new big burst style damage attack with a chance to slow your opponent hitting upto 2.4x your DC. This gives the Warrior a great chase potential against those ranged classes.
Fire Storm Slash
giphy.gif
Fire Storm Slash是一种远程肆虐的地狱伤害,能够在其路径上燃烧任何东西以造成更大的伤害,这是你不想被击中的东西。
突击冲刺
giphy.gif
突击冲击,将你的平均肩部撞击变成猖獗的踩踏事件。有能力染黄毒甚至短暂麻痹这种技能是上帝级别的危险。

-----

向导
0aCfwIp.png

,向导,元素的大师。虽然近距离脆弱,但它们在射程范围内无与伦比,并且可以使用他们永无止境的法术阵列来摧毁单个或多个敌人群体。

重新训练的声音
魔法护盾
和奥术护盾
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
从未见过大规模的机械师改变向导和他们的游戏风格。一个双重屏蔽系统,不再是一个盾牌规则,所有的巫师都在无敌上。这有望为向导添加一层很好的深度,自然我相应增加了向导的健康池。这一改变将使伟大的巫师与伟大的巫师分开。
地狱火
giphy.gif

地狱火,曾几何时是一个弱工具。现在这个火山爆炸用来烧焦你的敌人。一种三路短程火焰爆炸足以撼动即使是最强大的战士的勇敢。

更新的图形
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
许多巫师法术都有更新的gfx和效果。例如,火焰破坏者法术可以燃烧目标,冰暴有可能减速。

新的声音
giphy.gif

An instant teleport, using this a wizard can get out of harms way in the blink of an eye.
Each use of this spell in quick succession will massively increase MP usage of the next cast.
Frozen Earth
giphy.gif

Command a great ice tempest at the tip of your fingers, this glacial wave will have the chance to slow and even freeze your enemies. At rank 3 this spell will go 3 ways.
Orbital Bombardment
giphy.gif

This legendary spell has more power than a thousand volcanos, a giant nuke. Be careful as while summoning this giant meteor from the sky you are vulnerable while casting

The Rogue

D7k4v2k.png

The Rogue, a living embodiment of shadow itself. Using many tricks to slay his enemies i have reworked the traditional assassin play style to create something much more engaging for the user. Use your array of spells and skills to trick, trap and obliterate your enemies in a flurry of blades.
Nothing matches the speed and mobility of the Rogue.
The Rogue will rely on stats such as reflect, agility and HP drain to compensate for its low HP pool.
Although its burst damage and overall damage has been nerfed slightly its DPS still remains high.

REWORKED SPELLS

Flash Dash - Removed from game
Poison Sword - Removed from game

Fatal Sword
giphy.gif

Fatal Sword, the rogues critical strike ability able to sever heads with one swift blow. This skill has been reworked and now causes damage on both double slashes and now the ability to cause yellow poison for additional further 20% damage for the duration.

Double Slash
Rending Strikes
giphy.gif

Double Slash a standard skill, has been adjusted for smoother attacking patterns, has slightly higher base damage than rending strikes.

Rending strikes, switch your attack style to have a chance to apply red poisoning and cut through the toughest of Armour. With a higher mana consumption than double slash it is not efficient to use this on low armored targets.

NEW SPELLS

Dagger Storm
giphy.gif

Send forth your blades in a whirlwind of death around yourself. Dealing a small amount of true damage each second this new early game core spell is designed to give rogues a flinch chase mechanic.

Death Sense
giphy.gif

With an attuned mind the rogue can smell out his targets when they reach killing point. This skill reveals health of monsters or players within a range of the caster while active allowing you to really pin down your target.

Explosive Traps
giphy.gif

Lay invisible traps to blow your enemies to dust, great when used in a combo with moonlight. They will never see it coming!

Cripple
giphy.gif

Unleash a flurry with your daggers and put the fear in anyone who crosses your path.
Cripple can hit upto 2.2x your DC and has a chance for a short paralysis making this skill absolutely deadly.

Starburst Stream
giphy.gif

The most deadly of all the rogues dagger skills.
Once charged leave a path of bodys in your wake, unleash unreal speed upon your foes.
Starburst stream once charged and activated uncapps your attack speed and swipes with lightning speed, a very nasty spell to get caught with.

The Taoist
KmUD3Qz.png

The Taoist, a disciplined titan of the ancient world. Defeats his foes by summoning great creatures to aid him and using his great spiritual magic to bombard enemies. The Taoist is also the ultimate support character with various healing, buffing, de buffing techniques it makes them the true all rounder and the most difficult class to play.

REWORKED SPELLS

Summon Shinsu/Bone Familiar

g6OFu3j.jpg

lfSEI12.jpg

As you grow throughout your jounrey within Valkyrie so will your companions.
Starting small and eventually turning into heavy armoured beasts, drawing upon your own spiritual power to have more Health, Defense and Damage.

UPDATED GRAPHICS
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
Many of the taoists spells have had a facelift with updated gfx and effects.

NEW SPELLS

Holy Smite
giphy.gif

Channel your inner spirit and launch it at your foes.
Holy smite is a new single target damaging attack that deals
50% bonus damage vs undead targets.
It also costs no amulets to cast this spell.

Dark Soul Fire Ball
giphy.gif

This dark art from a taoists manuscript is rarely used except
in the most extreme cases. Many a taoist have had their own minds corrupted by using its immense power.

Dark Soul Fireball consumes 4 amulets per cast deals increased single target damage than standard Soul Fire Ball
and also deals 25% splash damage to all enemies around the target.

Circle Of Clarity
giphy.gif

Reveal your inner soul to bless yourself and party members.

Circle of clarity is a new core early game spell in which Taoists can give an aura EXP buff upto 8% at level 3 to themselves and all friendly party members around them.
Making taoist a must take on that big group adventure.

Mass Enhancer
giphy.gif

Use greater energy to enhance your party even further.

Mass Enhancer works in the same way to its new low level single target version Ultimate Enhancer.

Mass Enhancer uses more MP and consumes 5 Amulets per cast but can buff teammates in a 3x3 area.

Last Breath
giphy.gif

Sacrifice your own energy to save a party member from the jaws of death.

Last Breath is an instant heal spell at the cost of great mana and big cooldown. Great in those sticky situations.

Portal
giphy.gif

打开死者的精神之路。使用此门户网站,您可以将整组人员移至安全地点,或将其置于您面前,以便将侵略性敌人移离您。

NjIKih4.png

drMcmDq.png

cgTfTEX.png

[/引用]

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
I have not gone away, i am just awaiting a response from [MENTION=947]Tai[/MENTION] regarding increasing the character limit on my main post.

Problem i have is that i am now over maximum characters and don't really want to be linking update posts to the main thread without it looking tacky.

Regards

Valkyrie

Last edited:

DarkStar

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 15, 2003
looking forward to your updated main post, hopefully Tai will allow this soon. how is everything coming together? getting closer to a launch date?