Legend Of Mir 3 Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Lol people keep saying Jamie failed on a server, his aim was to never create a 'server' but to simply make new files, which he did and released up to the point he managed to get to. Obviously projects like this will rarely finish when it's one person as it's a **** ton of work, so instead of slating try learning some C# and assist him with the project.

Soon as my graduations out the way i'll be offering my services as I know C#, so hopefully lighten the load by taking all the crappy bits he'd rather not focus on.

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
Lol people keep saying Jamie failed on a server, his aim was to never create a 'server' but to simply make new files

Hey there,

I will skip my introduction for now, but some may be aware of the clash project I started a while ago. Well some guessed correctly that I wouldn't finish it. This is because I have decided to make a Legend of Mir 3 Server instead of the Mir2/Mir3 combined.

Great so now that is out of the way, I shall explain why my server is going to be different. I am not using any of the Server files currently available that is because I am using My C #Project that I started a while back. I am quite the way into the project and decided to post now rather than at the beginning.

Things to expect from this server:

I am aiming for a very similar to Mir 3 Global (USA version).
I do have Assassin, although some people claim it is impossible.
It will not be a High Level/High Rate server.

Once the game is stable with the same content that the Official USA version has I will be using the Korean Test Server and add that content as well.

I currently don’t have a name for the server simply because there isn't a select screen, it will be one server. I estimate, so long as I have my current schedule available that I will be opening a test server in the next two to Three weeks, this is an estimation and my change therefore any change will be announced.

Something tells me he's making a server...

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Something tells me he's making a server...

Once again, people fail to READ

At what point during my post did I say this wasn't his attempt at a server, people are saying he failed in a PAST...ok? P-A-S-T Server, Jamie has had no PAST server, only server files which he happily released to the stage it was up to, it was no attempt at a server at all.

This one on the other hand is his attempt, if he fails on this then feel free to say in the future he failed making a server if he tries again...but in this case your all wrong, this is his FIRST attempt at a SERVER

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
Once again, people fail to READ

MiR 2 - Server Advertisements -> Upcoming Servers -> New Server Underway...
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?65883-New-Server-Underway...&highlight=clash

JamieM said:
I am working on a project currently, I have been creating a server from scratch for a few days now... (since 16/03/2010.)

MiR 2 - The Four Heroes -> MiR 2 - Server Advertisements -> Upcoming Servers -> Clash Project.

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?66755-Clash-Project.
JamieM said:
What is the Clash Project?
The project is Mir 2 recreated from scratch in a different language (C#.NET),I decided a while ago that I wanted to make a server, but there was no source codes out there to the standard I hoped for
JamieM said:
Future Plans
Once I am happy with the source codes, I plan to run a server using them, The main aim for this is to see how well they functions and to provide an example of what can be done with the source codes. , Fails as whole or lost the interest of the community, I will release the Source codes for Open Source development.

this is his FIRST attempt at a SERVER

Once again, people fail to COUNT..

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Meh fair enough, i can admit my mistakes unlike a lot of other people lol, didn't see that first thread, and the second thread came across to me as simply file creation.

Either way I don't class either of these advertisements as a server creation, but rather file creation

DrDeath86

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2011
Well it dose show tht the ppl saying FAILED r have faied them selves in trying to make jamie look bad,

Jamies any updates on how ya doing?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
birthday.png

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
Well it dose show tht the ppl saying FAILED r have faied them selves in trying to make jamie look bad,

I've "faied" myself. :(

We're not "trying to make jamie look bad" just stopping people from getting their hopes up. Again.

Myth

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 1, 2006
Accrington
reading some of the comments on here, it now makes sense has to why mir3 is the way it is... dont give ppl enough credit were it is due, give jamie a chance ffs, i havent seen him create a mir3 server so giv the guy a break, its not like hes lyncus, tom or joe who between them, have then have more servers than there is players on mir3...

just be patient and if he fails to finish then move on... not the end of the world has some ppl may think

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
To be honest in this mir3 community people just whine and complain that noone makes a server for people to play but when one is made and online and once it goes offline for 1 day people flip out.. and most people dont even know how much trouble it is to constantly be online the server to update it for the players..
what i say is just give Jamie a chance.. if he fails oh well. dont see anyone else going through so much trouble for such a breakthrough on mir3 private servers..
a server with Assassin would be better than WemadeMir3.. go on there an get those players im sure most of them would want to come play..
so just give him a chance and quit flameing..

kickey

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
has this server been brought online? or was all the hardwork useless?

mapadale

TBH, as soon as I saw this thread created by Jamie, my first thoughts were "why bother with mir3, when you've not even completed your last projects" and it does seem to be a point of getting peoples hopes up about a "New Server" created by new files, when in fact I can't see this ever becoming a live server and feel that people really should learn that most people on lomcn are full of false hope and TBH mir3 doesn't have the user base any more, so no point to it at all.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i don't know why theres such hostility in this thread, hes making a server from scratch (which looks pretty sweet already) its a pretty daunting task on your own. Just like when anyone would start a project you'd set out to finish it and let people know, but things change. I dont think hes promised anything, and is just posting a thread on a forum of what hes doing, just like anyone would.

hope you carry on with this. can we see some more screen or vids?

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
reading some of the comments on here, it now makes sense has to why mir3 is the way it is... dont give ppl enough credit were it is due, give jamie a chance ffs, i havent seen him create a mir3 server so giv the guy a break, its not like hes lyncus, tom or joe who between them, have then have more servers than there is players on mir3...

just be patient and if he fails to finish then move on... not the end of the world has some ppl may think

checky git man i have ran one server that was mine and have been a GM on 4 others which was out of my power to keep up lol

store1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2011
can u put the download site up plz coz i wonna play it plz

Status
Not open for further replies.