Legend Of Mir 420 [Discussion]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

busetrbee

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 4, 2012
Server IP: 50.72.4.210

Legend of Mir420!
Med Rate
Custom XP/Drops
Level 7 start with Noob Wep/Arm and 50k
3 classes War/Wiz/Tao
Level 33 AOE Spells for help with leveling (HealingCircle,BladeStorm,DragNet)
Server Host Specs:
Intel® Xeon® E5-1620 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM
Gigabit Fibre Optic Internet Connection
Unmetered Bandwidth!

Working Auto Patcher Download : http://lom420.icu/AutoPatcher.rar
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/R5C82YUn3s

LIVE DATE: 28/03/2021 @ 8PM GTM
Gm's Are: 420GM(/CONNOR)/420KYLEGM(/Smoke)

This is my first attempt of a server, I am not making this server to make cash,
I just want to make a nice server for people to enjoy while I learn on the way :)

Credits to Iceman for the files, Jev and Mousa for the Help and HellFire/Light for the Picture Editing And everyone who tested Ect.

Banner1.png
Noob items:
noob420robe.png Noob420Sword.png

Game Gold Info:

GameGoldINFO.png
RestofGGshop.png
GGXP1.png

StonerTeleport:

StonerTeleportImg.png StonerTeleport.png

70+Cave

70cavesimg.png

Current Leaderboard/Active Players:

LeaderBoard.png

Hope You all enjoy , I am Enjoying Learning and adding Stuff and there is ALOT more to come !
Thanks for all the support
420GM /CONNOR

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Anyone looked at the ranking chart in the OP and seen what I see? I pasted it here for easy comparison.

1617549264337.png

And bellow is the current chart some days later, with All & Warrior only view. It tells the whole story. What is new really, I mean about warrior class on mir. (n)

1617549081310.png _________ 1617548990100.png

Yeah, one made it but as you know, one swallow spring doeth not make... there is an orig euro mir item set behind that, hard to get on these current servers that have new sets galore but all really useless.

Attachments

• 1617549061232.png
    1617549061232.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Anyone looked at the ranking chart in the OP and seen what I see? I pasted it here for easy comparison.

View attachment 25214

And bellow is the current chart some days later, with All & Warrior only view. It tells the whole story. What is new really, I mean about warrior class on mir. (n)

View attachment 25213 _________ View attachment 25211

Yeah, one made it but as you know, one swallow spring doeth not make... there is an orig euro mir item set behind that, hard to get on these current servers that have new sets galore but all really useless.

Maybe @Far can look into creating different EXP tables for different classes ? Might balance it out if you feel it’s unfair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Sounds like an issue with this server alone. why would I make changes to accommodate poorly balanced servers

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Sounds like an issue with this server alone. why would I make changes to accommodate poorly balanced servers

Yea I agree, just saying I’m sure splitting exp tables is possible

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I'd side with what Far said, except its not just this server (if anything, the balance of this server is inherited from the THA files heritage (in which @Jev had a hand LOL). All that was done here was to make the class more 'tankier' sometimes this weekend (which won't make much any difference).

Top twenty ranking class mix on most higher populated severs can be misleading, the problem is, you always get several very strong pple (the non-lifers)playing warriors among the top twenty ranks and that's what the balance is always judged by. If they can, everybody can, right?
Of course in this case (the charts above), the top twenty has many war class in it (but in a very unhealthy bunching up at the bottom) but that's because of the relative low number of pple overall on the server.

What might help is some stat collecting on the server that would show some 'median' values taken from all the active (and even those that quit) playing chars, level and maybe other stats (gold levels split by class/levels to help tune the server economy), so the GM could tell the health of the server, the class progression. If you see that too many chars of a given class show too much slowing progression at some point relative to other classes (or all slowing down somewhere in mid-level pack), and or quitting (being non-active for 7days+ say), you might want to do something about that.

I actually don't know if the char stat increase with levels is still used, I believe it is in the files but likely not used. What seems to be needed is not increasing the 'tank size' (HP) but more AMC/AC available on war items. I put AMC first because that is a warrior class sore point as I see it. Servers these days don't skimp on mobs that attack you against this stat, say compared to euro days.

That all said, this is so far much more enjoyable server than the THA was. The bunching up @lev38 is because of the lower level progression was made easier compared to the mentioned server, the only fault with it is that one char class has manifestly failed to keep pace with the other two.

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

View attachment 25214

View attachment 25213 _________ View attachment 25211

Literally don't have a clue what you're talking about. Not sure you do either?

tv series loop GIF by IFC

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
all other classes can lvl up fast as warr lol maybe faster but theres mostly warrs ingame lol

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Yea I agree, just saying I’m sure splitting exp tables is possible

Wouldn't that just be broken to hell if they was leveling in groups with wizzes all the time?

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Wouldn't that just be broken to hell if they was leveling in groups with wizzes all the time?

It depends, obviously it’s something that can be looked into but as far said there’s just no point and to be honest I do agree. It was just an idea

Reactions: StormHero

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Most servers warriors tend to be the OP class endgame, they should take a little longer to level for the reward.

Bring a few of its skills down the levels though to make it abit smoother?

Fencing level 3
Slaying level 7
Thrusting level 11
HalfMoon level 19
Etc..

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Most servers warriors tend to be the OP class endgame, they should take a little longer to level for the reward.

Bring a few of its skills down the levels though to make it abit smoother?

Fencing level 3
Slaying level 7
Thrusting level 11
HalfMoon level 19
Etc..
How is giving them their AoE spells earlier going to make them harder to level?

I also like how, after 20 years, we've just decided that warriors level too fast based on THIS leaderboard

1617698676404.png

Some of you would be dangerous with a brain cell

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I was suggesting make the early warrior game in that server easier to level, based on that leader board

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
But if there broke end game and easy to lvl early game then there is no trade off

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Depends what his balance is end game, it’s gems and luck and refines that screw with end game, but if you balance it on them stats ... the folk cry under power when they fail to see the potential

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Even tho I can see it's wrong right away I feel like there's a pattern there that I am not seeing such as filtering on first/last number instead of whole number

Status
Not open for further replies.