Legend of Mir: Nexus - Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012

Join our discord: Here

Finally, a big thanks to everyone who has worked on these files and made Nexus possible.

I hope to see you all online

Last edited:

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Only server I played for more than a day in the past year, so overall pretty good especially for one guy.

Needs some polish/tweaks and some more content once you get to level 80-90 ( which is in a few days) with less of a gap between items; kind of de-motivating grinding in 1-2 caves for 10 levels for some increased stats.

Seeing servers with ranged mobs that make you flinch 24/7 that are difficult/annoying to kill is still the only thing triggering about Mir when I come back to play. Runaway deers are nearly as bad. Has anyone completed the 50/50 slinger/bomber mob quest? :unsure:

-lsteva

Reactions: Valhalla

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I take it you play warrior, right?
I logged on today and tried the first two caves and seen no items drop from mobs. Wasn't trying hard but it looks like only the cave boss or sub (if there is any) drop items?

I am late starting by only several days but I can't shake the feeling of starting on an old server, like on OSkool. And of the servers I played in the last year, this is the only one I very likely won't continue on beyond the first log on.

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Yeah I played a warrior.

Yup, item drop rate is low in general due to there being a high number of mobs, but I did find the lower levels hard to find items without buying them off merchant. I got most of my items from normal mobs, I found level 90-100 items were dropping more than the lower ones but who knows. 90% of the items I got at that range was warrior items too, I don't know the drop files so maybe they're different for each cave.

Reactions: mir2pion

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Item drops have been altered, all mobs and boss drops have been increased by 50%.

I agree that the slinger bomber quest is a pain however every other cave quest is suited for warriors so I don't see having one being a grind bad.

Mir2pion : what do you suggest if you don't think you'd play again? I'm all ears for suggestions

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Well, I like HRs but also like to see some RPG element in the sense that you have some outdoor maps with caves, even if you end up teleporting to caves from SZ

This looks like server stripped clean down to that teleporting SZ <>caves and the goal I presume is to rack up levels to probably get another (uniform) item set and then rinse and repeat for the next item set... in spare time between leveling engage in PvP

Last edited:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
@Valhalla - Hey bud your server is showing offline on mirtracks and download link isn't working. Can you confirm if it's still live? Looking at your discord looks like it's down but you're possibly working on an update?

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Yo bud, server is down for hardware/software updates, I am working on an update however not really had time with irl to be having mir along side it. The update isn't polished enough to put on the live server just yet

Hard to say whats going to happen in the next week or so as I'm isolating so ill probably get around to working on it again

I have updated the download link in the OP

Last edited:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
@Valhalla - Thanks for the update - hope all is well! Sorry to hear you're having to isolate!

So just to double-check the hardware/software updates are linked to the update you are also working on meaning the server will probably stay offline for the next few weeks? Or is Server coming back online while you work on the updates?

If it's staying offline we would best taking it off the server list and archiving the threads so new players aren't downloading a server there not going to be able to connect to and while archived gives you space to do your updates without people asking if the server is up / down. Also means the admins can reinstate the threads when the same server comes back online in few weeks (ie no wipe)
Post automatically merged:

Just FYI in addition to above topic have marked it as pending deletion for now - means give 2 weeks before we move it to archive / take it off the status list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.