Legend of Mir Vengeance

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
Its been a while since my last project, so using what I learnt last time I have decided to release another server, doing things significantly different. Below are some details, game play ideas and features.

Templar class
This class is a hybrid warrior / taoist, designed to be a AOE damage dealing tank whilst also being able provide support to itself and allies with powerful buffs e.g. granting allies 20% damage reduction from all sources for 15 seconds.

Various new spells for each class (refer to video for examples)
Warrior - Potionmastery, Improved TDB, Swordstorm, Bloodmoon
Wizard - ArtifFlurry, JudgementOfZues,DrakeStorm, Tempest, MeteorShower
Taoist - PledgeofBlood, SummonInfernalDemon, DemonExplosion, YingYangBlades
Assassin - VoidShift, AbyssalHeed, WraithGrip
Templar - Divine Strike, SoulShackle, Fortify, JudgementGrip, Empower

[video=youtube_share;yP_LYleHUEs]https://youtu.be/yP_LYleHUEs[/video]

Ease of access

I have went with a map set that will allow players to access all caves via a NPC located in the middle of town, this npc will allow you to craft, teleport around, travel to shops, repair, visit the void and basically everything you will need to do.

Content
I have decided to put caves in a order which will easily allow players to see the difficulty ramping up.
Levelling caves - these caves will have a lot of monsters throughout, dropping basic levelling gear.
Hunting caves - Slightly less populated caves, harder mobs, drops tier 2 items - tier 2 fragments.
Fight Zones - These areas included OKS, BeastMaster, SoulDrainer, MirLords and a few others,
these areas spawn and announce to the server, dropping unique items that are suited
to them e.g. soul drainer will drop life steal gear, beast master drops mounts etc.
TheVoid - This area will be used to offer your sacrafice fragments to the NPC to obtain one time access to the Void Bosses, these may range from an enraged version of MTK, or a difficult endgame boss, these bosses all drop their own uniqueness, you will never kill a void boss and only get pots.

Fame title system
This system allows players to farm materials through the world and create title stones via the crafting NPC, once a player has the required stone, the level and the gold he will be able to ascend. granting a permanent stat buff, applying an icon that other players can see.
titles.jpg

Crafting System
The crafting system will allow players to do a range of things, from creating food buffs, creating void stones or combining sacrifice fragments for a random void stone. Players will also have the ability to upgrade their weapons to stronger versions whilst also gaining a unique weapon glow which will be visible to all players (examples below)
weps.jpg

Thanks for reading, more details to follow - looking to release within the next 14 days.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
This looks interesting however some of my worries when i just saw is that wizard skill was a full screen attack? kinda worrying but looks very interesting and different :P count me in

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
This looks interesting however some of my worries when i just saw is that wizard skill was a full screen attack? kinda worrying but looks very interesting and different :P count me in

It does full damage to first target hit, 20% less damage to each target hit after that, applies to only pvp.

Thanks for the replies

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
It does full damage to first target hit, 20% less damage to each target hit after that, applies to only pvp.

Thanks for the replies
im worried about that, coz if its pvp u could just have a few wizzies splatting ppl or?

edit: oh wait so first target 100%, second 80 % third 60% etc or am i wrong?

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
im worried about that, coz if its pvp u could just have a few wizzies splatting ppl or?

edit: oh wait so first target 100%, second 80 % third 60% etc or am i wrong?

In theory yeah, although can easily be adjusted so that it doesnt do any damage in pvp if its being a big problem, or could change the amount of spaces it hits and change the image to that of ice thrust, or another similar spell.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
In theory yeah, although can easily be adjusted so that it doesnt do any damage in pvp if its being a big problem, or could change the amount of spaces it hits and change the image to that of ice thrust, or another similar spell.
Well it all can be tested

what rate is the server? (Pls not low haha)

huggybear

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
I'm so confused did anyone else pick up Templar class gold cross halfmoon is scripted wrong so its hitting backwards ? anyways good luck bud

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Yeah thought that too

and are you the lostwars who made that vengeance server that used to be on Ben’s forums?

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
Yeah thought that too

and are you the lostwars who made that vengeance server that used to be on Ben’s forums?

No I'm not, is there a server named vengenace currently up? Will need to change the name if thats the case lol.

Also its a medium to high rate, levelling will be quite easy, wanted to focus the end game around pvp and new fancy boss interactions.

About the gold half moon, I'll have to play around with the images, I never actually realised it was appearing that way, thought it looked okay xD

---------- Post Merged at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I'm so confused did anyone else pick up Templar class gold cross halfmoon is scripted wrong so its hitting backwards ? anyways good luck bud

Just looking at the attack ingame, you strike the enemy you are targetting and the wave pulses outward from that eneny, doesn't look out of place ingame now that im looking at it, looks kinda messed up in the video im assuming its a frame rate issue so it skills not appearing as smooth as it happens ingame, thanks btw.

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Enjoyed your old server glad you gave it another try.

Miss me with the new skill bullshit though just be straight up, You put Mir3 skills into Mir2 and changed what some of them do. When i see " new skill " i want something i've never seen before i know it's a lot of hard work but still.

g/l mate.

---------- Post Merged at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Thanks for the replies

I hope thats on a massive cool down, Flinch is a massive thing on Crystal files and a wizard being able to Flinch you at anytime would be silly, once you've flinched somebody on Crystal as a ranged class your pretty **** if you cant keep them flinch locked after that.

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
Enjoyed your old server glad you gave it another try.

Miss me with the new skill bullshit though just be straight up, You put Mir3 skills into Mir2 and changed what some of them do. When i see " new skill " i want something i've never seen before i know it's a lot of hard work but still.

g/l mate.

---------- Post Merged at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:23 PM ----------

I hope thats on a massive cool down, Flinch is a massive thing on Crystal files and a wizard being able to Flinch you at anytime would be silly, once you've flinched somebody on Crystal as a ranged class your pretty **** if you cant keep them flinch locked after that.

The only mir 3 spells that I can quickly think that I added are the pet, petbomb, tempest and meteor shower, thanks btw

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
The only mir 3 spells that I can quickly think that I added are the pet, petbomb, tempest and meteor shower, thanks btw

Wraith grip / abyss aswell, thats 90% of your new skills are Mir3, i can see they don't do the same things though so at least its not just carbon copy's, I'd like to see them Mir3 bosses you put into Astral they was cool to see in Mir2.

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
Wraith grip / abyss aswell, thats 90% of your new skills are Mir3, i can see they don't do the same things though so at least its not just carbon copy's, I'd like to see them Mir3 bosses you put into Astral they was cool to see in Mir2.

oh yeah missed those, thats only a few skills tho, each class has 4-6 new ones, just hard to show new passive abilities in the video, those bosses will be in, got a few new funky ones as well tho, hopefully ill put up a little test mid week to let some people see some of the stuff and take on some feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.