Like deliveroo, but for b and q

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
This is a long shot I know, but does anyone know of a service that'll go into b and q and post an item for me?

Need a lock to go with some handles we've bought, there's no stock near me and they won't deliver 😩 so wondered if there's any kind of personal shopper app that'll do this that u guys may know of?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
If its not in local B&Q i'm guessing its in another town over - so would be quite a distance for them to come deliver it to you I expect. You'd be spending majority of fees on delivery for their petrol costs (if it's anything like deliveroo then it'll just be a teenager on a moped).

Doesn't sound like a very good business if they can only make a couple of stops in a day.

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
We're replacing the door handles in our house and this lock matches the style. The closest 1 that's in stock is like 25 miles away and I don't really wanna drive all that way for a £6 lock. I didn't know if there was any way of having them post it but I always knew it'd be a long shot.
Amazon or anywhere for that matter (that I've found) don't do the same style.
Thanks for the replys tho guys

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Try ebay. When i need something from IKEA and cant be bothered to drive there I often just get it from ebay as theres alot of people reselling them for a little more.

Reactions: Netskee

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
You could give them a call to enquire about delivery etc.

Make sure they give you a direct answer.

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
Try ebay. When i need something from IKEA and cant be bothered to drive there I often just get it from ebay as theres alot of people reselling them for a little more.
Great shout on ebay. Idk why I didn't think of that. Cheers mate

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
It's such a hassle, my local B&Q never has any stock, been checking some bits for months.
Managed to order some paint, but the rest just isn't worth it, delivery requires a £100 minimum for £5-6 items... No Sir, I want 2, not 20!

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
We're replacing the door handles in our house and this lock matches the style. The closest 1 that's in stock is like 25 miles away and I don't really wanna drive all that way for a £6 lock. I didn't know if there was any way of having them post it but I always knew it'd be a long shot.
Amazon or anywhere for that matter (that I've found) don't do the same style.
Thanks for the replys tho guys
link?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
bummer none near me either but next town over! next best bet is Screwfix, https://www.screwfix.com/c/security-ironmongery/thumbturns/cat840400

same company as B&Q so the potential for similar/same stock?