Living with EUPD & Anorexia nervosa

Join Our Discord

Jev

When I'm Gone
Staff member
Jul 21, 2020
Worthing, West Sussex
So why am I posting this?

I feel that even if you can't relate reading this might just help you with your own issues/concerns in life.

Last year I was diagnosed with Emotionally unstable personality disorder and 2 years ago was diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa.

Two conditions that can tear your life apart not just for you but for those around you.

EUPD (Emotionally unstable personality disorder (EUPD) is the most common type of personality disorder. It is also known as borderline personality disorder. It usually causes you to experience intense and fluctuating emotions, which can last for anywhere between a few hours and several days at a time)

Although only diagnosed last year I've been living with this condition for many years, I find my emotions go from 0 to 100 really quickly and most of the time for no seeable reason, It can make relationships with family members and loved ones really hard.
From my experience being diagnosed is really hard and I feel that for most people, to be diagnosed may require hitting rock bottom before any services will take you seriously.
It's important to remember that Mental Health services here in the UK are hugely underfunded and stretched to breaking point.

Stigma, The stigma faced with EUPD can be challenging and can be harder for guys seeing as the stigma goes, Men are strong and have their heads screwed on.
Don't believe this stigma, change your mindset and help others do the same. It may just help someone reach out for help. This could be a stranger reading this or it could be a relative or someone close you may have never known who struggled with the disorder.

Help links: Mind // Rethink Mental Health

Anorexia Nervosa (Anorexia is an eating disorder and serious mental health condition)

Again with being diagnosed only two years ago, I've been living with this for years, It's the same story as EUPD.

The stigma is the same, Men don't get eating disorders. Fact: Men with eating disorders are on the rise. Fact Check

I have a sub caterogy of Anorexia Nervosa called Restrictive anorexia nervosa. The signs are:

-Restricting what you eat.
-When you eat. (Time & Location)
-Amounts.

Living with this is probably harder than living with a personality disorder in my opinion. This affects everything I do in life.
It affects the energy I have every day. effecting work, social life, and relationships.
Affects my sleep which also doubles with Manic episodes from EUPD and can leave me without sleep for days.

Getting help for eating disorders is probably the hardest to get help for within the mental health space.
Waiting lists are 6 weeks minimum just to be seen, so it's important to get help as quickly as possible. Eating disorders can very rapidly change your life from weeks to just days.

Help links: Beat // Mayo Clinic

I haven't gone too far into detail with my own personal life but I really do hope reading this may just help you or someone else that may struggle.

I am more than happy to answer any questions.

Stay strong peeps.

MirWall Mir2 Server

mir2pion

TL;DR
Dedicated Member
Feb 21, 2013
I didn't notice a thing in this regard from your presence on forum. If anything, only that you can do astonishing volumes of work on the files related to mir. (y)

• Love
Reactions: Jev and Wummy

Tai

NOTORIOUS
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear that @Jev. I know two people that suffer with BPD, one is a friend and the other is my brother, so I know how difficult it is to deal with and it's really not fun.

You are right in that the mental health services of the NHS are really underwhelming. The waiting lists as you said are real. You might get seen by a crisis team if you're literally about to commit suicide, but even after that they'll probably just put you on a waiting list. But I have HUGE respect for you for seeking help at an early age and sticking it out. Never give up on that.

LightBringer

Mir2 Server Under Development!
Dedicated Member
Odyssey
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Always here if you need to have a chat bud, I am on every day, you have me on discord to!

• Love
Reactions: Jev

zedina

Zentaur Mir3 Server
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2005
Stay strong Jev, thank you for all your efforts that you input here.

• Love
Reactions: Jev

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
After being seriously up and down, manic and low and angry all the time for 25+ years I finally went and got help back in 2016. I was diagnosed with BPD. I was put on risperidone and can honestly say I'm a complete different person. No mood swings, no temper, no panic anxiety attacks, no major ups and downs..no mood swings every 5 minutes. No manic episodes. I know drugs don't help everyone with BPD. But I'm one of the lucky ones which they did work for. My life has changed massively. I'm now super chilled, 100% relaxed all the time and my wife and kids think I'm great now. It's always hard talking about mental health issues Jev but to be honest, I don't mind telling my story. I needed help got it and it's best thing I ever done.

• Love
Reactions: blazee and Jev