Locms

Join Discord

Zip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 24, 2004
Belgium
LOCMS is i good server witch exists for a long time, its like only me n a friend that play on it so we r gonna give a free lvl 26 kit to evry1 that go's on ^___^ to make ppl play more. PM jediknight

Name: LOCMS
IP: 80.0.114.136

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
i played it im lvl35+ :P lol, but its boring, exp kinda sux and no1 plays ^_^

shinsu

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 11, 2003
ditto, i'v done both the quests, twice, and have the two highest level chars ingame. 39war + 38 wiz. just gets boring cos no1 plays + i cant kill all the bosses etc. its gr8 server just needs ppl to give it a chance and try it out

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Most of the time no-one is on, they can do really great things with a 24/7 host, they can just rebuild it, make it what people want, tbh i dont see why they host it...

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Thete the prefect host.

Hosting when no1 plays....like u say, could make a very good host for a very good and big server.

michelle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Hampshire UK
Blaminator said:
tbh i dont see why they host it...

why not got spare comp on network, 24/7 connection so no hardship leaving it runing for the few people that do go on it

When i first started this server last september I did have lot of good intensions of doing a lot to it as had plenty of time then an matrix was going to help but then work commitments overtook my time an matrix got hiself r/l g/f and new job so it got neglected through lack of time and lack of help doing things
as obviously real life event take priority over a game server an at the end of the day I only got one oair of hands and theres only so many hours in a day
but kept it up becouse still hoped to get around to doing things with it an as I said above its no hardship leaving it up an running.
in fact the begining of this week took on a new gm QueenNova (Viper) Who said she'd help me with a few things so am hoping to get few things done ovr next few weeks.
--------------------------------------------
Skyline said:
Thete the prefect host.

Hosting when no1 plays....like u say, could make a very good host for a very good and big server.

The reason I wont host someone elses server is
if somthing goes wrong with my own server ive only my self to blame
but when hosting for someone else if somthing goes wrong then you affect them, so I dont want that resposability plus it still takes a fair bit of your time hosting for someone else

Last edited:

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
Played server once or twice its alright just how to put it nicley.....abit sucky :)... exp to low not enuf lvling areas. make maps better and dont start sommit and stop before u finish e.g if u go to bunker i think it is then down the stiars you'll see about 4 pairs of stairs that lead no where 2 villages empty. not saying server crap or anything its a laugh just abit sucky :P also i ant understand WT in MC dies in 3 hits and gives 20kexp ET's take awhile to kill and gives 400exp =/ oohwell :P

Chr1s123

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Michelle y dont u host a bigger server ?
u got a 24/7 connection and LOCMS never goes down so y not try and go bigger?
loads of people need a decent host 4 while the testin u cud help em out instead of hosting a server thats got 0-2 people on a day?

DeathShadow

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2003
South Wales
Chr1s123 said:
Michelle y dont u host a bigger server ?
u got a 24/7 connection and LOCMS never goes down so y not try and go bigger?
loads of people need a decent host 4 while the testin u cud help em out instead of hosting a server thats got 0-2 people on a day?

I'm not trying to be rude and flame you mate, but can you not read?

michelle said:
The reason I wont host someone elses server is
if somthing goes wrong with my own server ive only my self to blame
but when hosting for someone else if somthing goes wrong then you affect them, so I dont want that resposability plus it still takes a fair bit of your time hosting for someone else

michelle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Hampshire UK
A warning
for those thinking of hosting and those looking for hosts

I think some people host for others becouse they see it as an easy way to get a GM position and dont realise that it carries more responsability and takes just as much time if not more, than running there own server and when they do find out they then get fed up an stop doing it or do there own server somtimes ditching or stealing the server owners files, this happened to the first Zarlok which was a very good server in its day but the 1st host just stopped hostin and said hed formatted his computer so origonal files were gone, Tex got another host an re did a 2nd zarlock which was good but I still think the 1st Zarlok was best, and similar things have happened to others.
also anyone hosting should realise that thay have to dedicate a computer 100% to server use and not use it for anything else which I dont think some do.

Those looking for hosts need to be carfull

Last edited:

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
michelle said:
A warning
for those thinking of hosting and those looking for hosts

I think some people host for others becouse they see it as an easy way to get a GM position and dont realise that it carries more responsability and takes just as much time if not more, than running there own server and when they do find out they then get fed up an stop doing it or do there own server somtimes ditching or stealing the server owners files, this happened to the first Zarlok which was a very good server in its day but the 1st host just stopped hostin and said hed formatted his computer so origonal files were gone, Tex got another host an re did a 2nd zarlock which was good but I still think the 1st Zarlok was best, and similar things have happened to others.
also anyone hosting should realise that thay have to dedicate a computer 100% to server use and not use it for anything else which I dont think some do.

Those looking for hosts need to be carfull
Lol yup i remeber the days of zarloc (Spell it right :P pfft :P). The host deciding to suddenly quit was quite a blow back. And i agree, the 1st zarloc was better than the second.

However, my second host (monty) was absoulty brilliant, next to no down time at all and he is a very very nice person (I have talked to him on euro mir too and hes a real nice person). If he hosted my 1st zarloc, then it would of been excellent (no offense to my first host :/ just reformatting ya pc just like that without warning made me a bit angry :/).

michelle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Hampshire UK
YoYoYo said:
Lol yup i remeber the days of zarloc (Spell it right :P pfft :P). The host deciding to suddenly quit was quite a blow back. And i agree, the 1st zarloc was better than the second.

However, my second host (monty) was absoulty brilliant, next to no down time at all and he is a very very nice person (I have talked to him on euro mir too and hes a real nice person). If he hosted my 1st zarloc, then it would of been excellent (no offense to my first host :/ just reformatting ya pc just like that without warning made me a bit angry :/).

yeh think 1st host made lota player angry too, I know second host was ok couldnt remember his name though (Im useless at rememrin names), my son Matrix (LordOfDarkness) was GM on there an think he used to help you with stuff
Soz bout gettin spellin wrong smacked me self on wrist.
them were the days of zarloc and BoSelecta. (zarloc ruled)

Last edited:

BaByDraGon_Ngo

TBH its a gud server for a short term 3-4 days but gets boring after while because no1s on or nothing left to do... All server needs is few more added place's and more quests and biggest and most important thing more players

michelle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Hampshire UK
BaByDraGon_Ngo said:
TBH its a gud server for a short term 3-4 days but gets boring after while because no1s on or nothing left to do... All server needs is few more added place's and more quests and biggest and most important thing more players

strange last couple days bin lot more players than normaly is on, usualy there only 2 or 3 ? not complaining though
New GM Queen Nova going to help do some new files, quests ect when she get back of holliday

Last edited:

fubu

michelle said:
strange last couple days bin lot more players than normaly is on, usualy there only 2 or 3 ? not complaining though

probaly cus StarDust down WeOwn closed Project69 down

euanman

fubu said:
probaly cus StarDust down WeOwn closed Project69 down

Yeah thats the reason im soooo bored just now and even Locms has that annoying mob lag so i cant even play that.