Log Viewer Program (Excel)

ZaphodBeeble

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2004
I find this program very useful myself...

Basically, it 'translates' the log files into something that you can actually read without getting a headache.

You can also use it to track the movements of an item. Eg. If you think that someone is cheating because they have high-lvl items, you can see the full history of that item from when it was first dropped!.

Hope you like it :)

Thanks

/Spikalot

Click here to download

leala

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2004
Kool this is one nice piece of software. just tried it out on some old server files i had. this is going to save loads of time searching log files in future.

ZaphodBeeble

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2004
It wasn't made to be pretty :P

Also, I've had a fault pointed out to me... In the readme file that comes with the program, it says to use windows search to find all occurances ot a word in the log files. But if you do this and there are 2 occurances at the same time on different days... and you try to copy these both files into the same directory, they will overwrite each other. Still with me? :yawn:

Well to solve this, all I can say is that any filenames that come up as needing to be overwritten, write down and copy these to another folder inside the one your copying to... that way tou can include these files in the combined file without overwriting the file of the same name. :eek:

If that isn't explained very well, let me know and I'll try again :P :eek:

/Spikalot

Last edited: