LoM 3 Ideal server rates Poll 2019

smoochy boys on tour

What is everyone's Idea rates for a Mir3 server?

• High rates across the board

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Mid rates across the board

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Low rates across the board

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Mid - high rates across the board

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Mid - low rates across the board

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Custom (With context post to explain what you like)

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
So I figured as time goes on people's ideal server rates change and I wanted to see how the community has changed over time and what they consider to be the best rates for a LoM 3 Server. Figured this would provide context to anyone who is currently creating a server and may give them ideas on what the community as a whole generally would like to see going into 2020 and beyond.

Feel free to post any additional information on what you would like to see in the future along with the rates you prefer in general.

So me personally I'd like to see a Mir 3 server preferabally using Zircon files as they are built pretty well with Mid-Low rates as I feel everyone in general is bored with the 1-50 for the old skills grind and PVP/PK doesn't really get fun until then. So for me ideally I think the server I'd be most looking forward to playing would be one where 1-44 is mid rate that transitions into low rates later on.

As for what features I would like to see on the Zircon files in general.

1. Return of Pet taming for wizards but none that are fully ranged or OP more of a minor damage buffer between the wizard and the enemies.

2. Return of Pet Rental .

3. Lottery System.

4. Fair Cash/hunt gold shops nowt op in them.

5. Comfort reworking to be actually useful before 20 and not broken at 20+

6. Old Mir2 caves like ghoul, Slave, Mystery dungeon.

7. Better rewards for grouping

9. Parts changed to schematics and use a combination of the none used ores and booty to craft the items them self with a chance of failure and 4-5 schematics.

10. New features like what Ancient server is currently creating for there server. Not just another clone of Zircon files with a minor tweak here and there.

11. Old Style Hermit System.

12. Classes rebalanced properly Currently on the Zircon files there are a number of spells that I find quite unbalancing to the classes e.g Defiance matching Max to min values, Magic shield providing a 40% damage reduction, Taoist Celestial light not having a resonable cooldown after it procs, Bloom damage scaling on the assassins scaling poorly. These are just a few of the problem I see with the classes in general on the Zircon files.

Will say in 2019 the only server I've seen trying to create something new and orignal with these files is @Lionsm!ght @Fub4r they have both put a lot of time and effort into building what should be the best low rate mir3 server the community will see for hopefully a long time. They have also reworked caves to acomidate different elements which for some reason doesn't seem to get done on almost all the servers that have been released in 2019.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
10 years ago I would've said low rates. Now I say mid rates. I don't like to spend months or years to get the last skill. I think Mir is more enjoyable once you get the "basic" stuff and go hunting.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Yeah I think because most people have been playing mir for a decade that low rates just isn't all it's cracked up to be anymore. I'd rather progress through those early levels quickly and it slow down towards the 50s where all the new content is if we had half the stuff korean had on a server after the level50 content I don't think anyone would care how slow you levelled as there is always the next spell, area, gear in sight.

I will say I dislike how the community can preasure a gm into releasing content untested too fast though like what happened on Zircon with the dunes that sort of messed up levelling completely on there although by that point the edge system was ingame and that was a bit game changingly daft too. Anyway not trying to s**t on Jamie he did a really nice job with his files and released them for the community which was nice of him.

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
10 years ago I would have said mid to high, now I'm all about low rates. Lots of times I've wanted servers to be bug free, decent content, quest chains and generally a game that improves on what was good about mir and brings in some new features.

Obviously this is what we hope to do. But happy to have feedback on our server. As it's soon to be the only low rate mir 3 here..

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Custom.

To choose a preferable rate, means it's rated against the original, being Zircon most likely. This usually results in just another copy of Zircon with adjusted rates, with the same ****...boring.

Rates mean nothing.

Would it matter if reaching Lv.30 took a month if being Lv.30 on your server was equivalent to being Lv.50? Nope. You can slow things down massively as long as you balance out the item levels and drop rates and generally got rid of the thing that people hate or don't have time for. You can also change up how you progress and where you go at certain times and what maps are used where.

But that requires effort. At the moment, all anyone is putting out is copycat database servers...that's why it's boring to do it over and over.

Has anyone else noticed there was far more customisation in 1.4 days? Where people chose a dedicated SZ map, created new NPCs, attempted to do something with quests, used numerous maps for multiple purposes, created tons of items, renamed tons of mobs, created multiples of mobs with different names but same skins, had taming rooms.

Of course this was all required in 1.4 because you couldn't do much else, but you have all of that, plus a completely customisation source where you aren't bound by certain mob attacks and effects, elements, movements, abilities and all of the above from 1.4 days...yet people are only concerned about the rates lol.

You could use the same mob 10 times, have it with 10 different elements and 10 different attacking methods...but nope...just the rates :D

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I sort of see your point there pottsy that rates are not the most important thing but they are importants because if you have a server with low rates and by level 50 everyone is using the same old common trash items as everyone else it's boring, likewise with the reverse it's the main reason I dislike items without level requirement.

It's intresting to see the votes so far it's a pretty even split though between High and low.

Reactions: dwaring28720

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Agreed rates are not important, it's the division between top players/no lifer and casuals.

Get the content and balance right between this you will have a healthy server.

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
On that note any comments on Ancient Mir will be welcomed. We need it to be tested to death!

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I sort of see your point there pottsy that rates are not the most important thing but they are importants because if you have a server with low rates and by level 50 everyone is using the same old common trash items as everyone else it's boring, likewise with the reverse it's the main reason I dislike items without level requirement.

It's intresting to see the votes so far it's a pretty even split though between High and low.

Well that is all under the control of the server owners.

If you run the servers with the same set of databases every time, no matter what rate you make things, everyone will strive for the exact same items. Whether this happens in 1 week or 1 month is all the rate determines.

The path to get to those items and that level never changes as long as only the rates are being looked at.

Want to make it interesting? Don't allow Wizards to strive for Lv.22 just to get into Phantom Forest quicker. Don't allow Sins to strive towards getting into West Desert as soon as they have LifeSteal. Don't allow Warriors to strive for tanking Black Palace.

Change it up, if you only focus on the rate in which things get achieved...it will all be achieved the same way as it has, resulting in another boring server.

The best items/level method and caves have been determined...if you don't change any of that, people will do the same thing again lol.

We know where the best early gold cave is (Flea/Ants).
We know where the books drops (Mines, WD, then 50+ caves).
We know what caves are useless (Magic Ship).
We know the best leveling maps for each class.
We know what items will result in the best outcome.

Reactions: dwaring28720