LOMCN Awards 2019: Winners

smoochy boys on tour

StriderDA

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 7, 2015
For most of us, this game takes us back to a lvl of nostalgia that no other mmo can. Every time a new server opens, it gives our community HOPE that we can play our favourite game with our old and new m8s.

It's a shame to see those with the knowledge of how to make a server not being able to keep **** up and alive.

I SWEAR If someone had the time to sit down with me and show me how to put up a server step by step, I'd make the DOPEST content and keep the server up til I end up in a coffin.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
For most of us, this game takes us back to a lvl of nostalgia that no other mmo can. Every time a new server opens, it gives our community HOPE that we can play our favourite game with our old and new m8s.

It's a shame to see those with the knowledge of how to make a server not being able to keep **** up and alive.

I SWEAR If someone had the time to sit down with me and show me how to put up a server step by step, I'd make the DOPEST content and keep the server up til I end up in a coffin.

Go do it then, how do you think everybody on LOMCN made a server? Taught their selfs, all good talking a big game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tai

StriderDA

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 7, 2015
Well im teaching myself atm so like I said "if someone had the time to sit down and point me in the right direction". How does your smartass comment "go do it" help with anything.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Well im teaching myself atm so like I said "if someone had the time to sit down and point me in the right direction". How does your smartass comment "go do it" help with anything.

By the time you learnt how to Code #C decently enough Mir2 will probably be dead.. I mean you can make a decent server without coding but it won't be anything special and won't pull any numbers in.

Smart ass? Use that massive Search button, literally a massive thread on #C with all download you need and guide how to alter everything Client side. :)

You're nearly sounding as butt hurt as Muh now, he can't farm ZT 7th no more :( Reality is there are people much worst than Valk in this community lol. Boo hoo he shut his server down with 3 users on it, he probably wasn't even making the monthly cost of his dedi at this point.. I mean he could of made a thread or something and said he was taking it down to make V2 but i don't think that warranted some of the words you had for him :\

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
By the time you learnt how to Code #C decently enough Mir2 will probably be dead.. I mean you can make a decent server without coding but it won't be anything special and won't pull any numbers in.

Smart ass? Use that massive Search button, literally a massive thread on #C with all download you need and guide how to alter everything Client side. :)

You're nearly sounding as butt hurt as Muh now, he can't farm ZT 7th no more :( Reality is there are people much worst than Valk in this community lol. Boo hoo he shut his server down with 3 users on it, he probably wasn't even making the monthly cost of his dedi at this point.. I mean he could of made a thread or something and said he was taking it down to make V2 but i don't think that warranted some of the words you had for him :\

Dear Valk,

I wrote you but you still ain't callin'
I left my Skype, my discord and gmail at the bottom

Reactions: Belle and Piff1

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Dear Valk,

I wrote you but you still ain't callin'
I left my Skype, my discord and gmail at the bottom

xD dick lol.

Gotta stick up for my long buddy Timmy hes to much of a bitch todo it himself. Valk is just a fraud anyway, @ColdFusion is the man behind the mask.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda

Im in the process of doing just that my friend! Although it takes a hell of alot of time if done properly and not some quick NPC relocate CashCow.

So i dont tread on anyones toes il be aiming to release end of the summer 2020, maybe even early winter.

The wait should be worth it imo, and should cater for evryone who plays!

I will upload my Advert via discord and webpage asap so you can see the effort im putting in

Reactions: StriderDA

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Im in the process of doing just that my friend! Although it takes a hell of alot of time if done properly and not some quick NPC relocate CashCow.

So i dont tread on anyones toes il be aiming to release end of the summer 2020, maybe even early winter.

I will upload my Advert via discord and webpage asap so you can see the effort im putting in

Hey, thats when my second server is coming out!

But in all honestly, dead chuffed TPR won best server, doesn't matter on the scale of the nominations etc; just puts an actual accolade against the hard work the team put in to keep the server running and up to date.

I would say if anyone is releasing a server that isn't just another cash cow, there is a big commitment to doing it (I didn't realise at first, but I still put the graft in)
You need to work on all aspects of your server (Balance, New Caves/Items, New Features, New Maps, New Quests etcetcetc) - which usual games have a team for segments each.

I also don't agree with this statement
"he probably wasn't even making the monthly cost of his dedi at this point"

Any UC 100+ server would make enough money to keep the server running indefinitely when your UC is high, he just may have chose to not put it aside for when you have a month / two where you don't make the costs back.

Reactions: Hercules

StriderDA

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 7, 2015
Lol whose butthurt? All of your posts are complaints, criticism, and trolling other hard worked servers while you do absolutely NOTHING to contribute to the LOM community. Why r u even here? I can code C++, python, and c#. So before you go assuming I don't know anything, why don't u go back to school, or get off your smartass and start contributing.
Post automatically merged:

[/QUOTE]

Bro, best of luck and thanks for keeping this thing alive. I'll happily support you as much as I can when released. Chao

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Hey, thats when my second server is coming out!

But in all honestly, dead chuffed TPR won best server, doesn't matter on the scale of the nominations etc; just puts an actual accolade against the hard work the team put in to keep the server running and up to date.

I would say if anyone is releasing a server that isn't just another cash cow, there is a big commitment to doing it (I didn't realise at first, but I still put the graft in)
You need to work on all aspects of your server (Balance, New Caves/Items, New Features, New Maps, New Quests etcetcetc) - which usual games have a team for segments each.

I also don't agree with this statement
"he probably wasn't even making the monthly cost of his dedi at this point"

Any UC 100+ server would make enough money to keep the server running indefinitely when your UC is high, he just may have chose to not put it aside for when you have a month / two where you don't make the costs back.

Oh 100% i'm sure he made a mint to keep it running forever but it was probably making 0£ before it got closed, i think it was more the fact he wanted to take it down to make V2 to try iron out bugs and add more content but he should of communicated better for sure for those left playing, imo he should of kept it up with how Dry mir2 has been it could of made a Come back and he could of worked on V2 offline.

Congratz on server of the year, you guys deserve it.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
The only crazy potential is from Valk that's all I know and care for (great work from him and his work horses), Gz for primordial though keeping the LoM veterans entertained.

I dun really care what some people wanted from Valk v1, as someone who played it everyday and was in the loop on pretty much everything it was turning very sour and there was no new growth for the server due to their only being certain things you should do (world bosses, lvling in ZT + rest xp issues). The balancing and unlimited lvling was also becoming a huge problem, tbh it was an outrageously slow fix to wizzies shield (it was broken and main wizzies or people alting was the main source of money making), not to mention alt guilds holding masses of sun potions you mail to urself.

The 2 main guilds were dieing competively and then nobody cared too much then after that, the new continent added in as an "emergency fix to end the boredom" did barely anything.

After a good bit of testing and feedback (especially from me as I'm a picky bastard, I'll bore anyone to death with Taoist talk too) Valk V2 is going to hit hard, again, we have some major jelly over it's potential. I've grown tired of how a lot of you guys stick to the basics and the basic rulesets of LoM and how you've cock ridden Jamie so hard when his attitude and approach to some aspects has been fuking horrendous, anyone with a bit of sense knows there is far worse than Valk (as Piff1 mentioned), Yip ;p

I'm also going to add how much bloody effort was put into sorting out Rest XP + among other things, that discord and the amount of trash PM's coming his way was fricking crazy and I had a lot of sh1t as Admin, I barely messaged Valk due to respect of how much trash he was getting from certain members of the community over skills/drops whatever, that server was jammed and it was a fuking majorly good job from him with all the unique things he added into the server.

Roll on V2 for the future of Mir and the salt that is going to come with it, I do enjoy the banter, most of the time ;)

Last edited:

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
1 major plus of my server will be the fact I don’t care about the money and im happily already spending to create. I do it for the love of the game I assure u that 👍🏻

Best of luck to you, the making of a server is fun, running a server is not so much (one of the main reasons I won't/haven't run a server).. stick to your vision and don't let anyone steer you away from it.
Try not to jump in at the deep end, start small and work your way through it, I admire anyone who can spend hours working in the DB (I hate it, thinking of names is awful alone)

And don't be shy to ask for help, plenty of people around who can help.

• Love