Lomcn - Moving forward together

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
you know you aint going to get anywhere by doing jack **** and refusing everybody's suggestions.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Who's said we're not going to try any siggestions?

no we dont host files
no we wont email users
no we wont bla bla bla

negative negative negative.

for starters emailing your user db is nothing, it takes literally a minute to fill it out and it will automatically do the rest, worse case scenario is that the emails dont get recieved , no biggie.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
no we dont host files
no we wont email users
no we wont bla bla bla

for starters emailing your user db is nothing, it takes literally a minute to fill it out and it will automatically do the rest, worse case scenario is that the emails dont get recieved , no biggie.
I'll give you that one.

Where have I said I won't email users?

Care to explain more of the "bla bla"?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
no we dont host files
no we wont email users
no we wont bla bla bla

Mental does speak sense occasionally...

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Why dose it take so long to do something? You been given lots of suggestions and have any been applied or done? no.

Pathetic.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Because I want to make sure what I do is for the best...

Adding new sections for new games isn't as easy as me just adding the sections either... I need to look into getting more info on the said games. Want me to just create forums and leave them empty?

I'm in no rush to make the changes just yet. I'm getting ideas and working from there.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Because I want to make sure what I do is for the best...

Adding new sections for new games isn't as easy as me just adding the sections either... I need to look into getting more info on the said games. Want me to just create forums and leave them empty?

I'm in no rush to make the changes just yet. I'm getting ideas and working from there.

i agree, take your time and plan it out, don't send out emails until the new sections are added either.
just keep us updated on the games you are considering and any other further changes or plans.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Well don't be afraid to ask for help Skyline, you can have my msn if you want it. Also I'd suggest making a separate thread about the new sections, and people can suggest what they think would be good etc.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Why not do the most 'popular' one's basically everyone says their top 5 list and pick the most popular one(s) and the one(s) people can work on themselves without someone having to hold their hand.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Its funny, ive not posted here properly for well over two years now, i merely visit every few months when i remember that theres a forum here to be visited. However i remember when i stopped coming here that people always used to say the forums were dying. I even remember hearing it in 2005 and further back when the game was still very much popular.

I think its brilliant that i can still come back here and the same people are still posting. However much you all argue, at the end of the day you all enjoy eachothers company and that is whats keeping this forum alive. Some will disagree with me, but 'enjoy' can be interpreted in many different ways - some of you enjoy the arguments, some people enjoy the banter and other wierd people actually still enjoy the game.

Lets all be honest, MIR as a game is dieing. It was once one of the better game offerings on the internet but you have to face it - times change. I remember when the SNES was released, then the N64, then the GameCube...same with the PS franchise. We are now onto the PS3 (or sex box) and you will be very hard pushed to find a forum dedicated to the SNES (go on then...someone will find one!).

What im trying to say, overtly and very long windily is that although the game can no longer be our USP, we still have the core community that has been here for years. Roll with the times, use the strength of the community to advertise (as previously mentioned - Facebook) incorporate MIR into one forum, introduce new games and try and move forward.

At the end of the day, if it all fails then the forum will still limp along...because at the end of the day we all enjoy the company.

Reactions: Alecs

mapadale

Its funny, ive not posted here properly for well over two years now, i merely visit every few months when i remember that theres a forum here to be visited. However i remember when i stopped coming here that people always used to say the forums were dying. I even remember hearing it in 2005 and further back when the game was still very much popular.

I think its brilliant that i can still come back here and the same people are still posting. However much you all argue, at the end of the day you all enjoy eachothers company and that is whats keeping this forum alive. Some will disagree with me, but 'enjoy' can be interpreted in many different ways - some of you enjoy the arguments, some people enjoy the banter and other wierd people actually still enjoy the game.

Lets all be honest, MIR as a game is dieing. It was once one of the better game offerings on the internet but you have to face it - times change. I remember when the SNES was released, then the N64, then the GameCube...same with the PS franchise. We are now onto the PS3 (or sex box) and you will be very hard pushed to find a forum dedicated to the SNES (go on then...someone will find one!).

What im trying to say, overtly and very long windily is that although the game can no longer be our USP, we still have the core community that has been here for years. Roll with the times, use the strength of the community to advertise (as previously mentioned - Facebook) incorporate MIR into one forum, introduce new games and try and move forward.

At the end of the day, if it all fails then the forum will still limp along...because at the end of the day we all enjoy the company.
You know what Robert, you hit the nail on the head their.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

I miss u <3

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004

Where have you been all my life?

/Nymph

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
i can help out if a metin section will ever born in this forum.. after all when i was new to this i remember people saying this was the best place to gather information about mir, why can't it become a great place to gather information about other games..

i am not into other mmorpgs except mir and metin but if there was a section on metin i am sure i could help a bit out..

i also have the feeling that there are some other folks on here which could give a hand with some others mmorpgs aswell..

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
I'd be willing to learn from someone about a new game/set of files to give them a hand around the section.