Lomcn Server

smoochy boys on tour

Forbes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 4, 2003
Bonnie Scotland
I think that the whoe Lomcn team should get together and make a mir2 and a mir3 private server

I think this would be a great idea andi think we have a VERY good team here to do it

We could get input from all our dedicated users and make the ultimate private server there is

Cummon people you know you want to

and if you dont :tank: :tank: :tank:

Hehe anyways im gonna get ure seal of approval obviously not every1 will agree but im sure most of you are up for the challenge!

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
well i wouldnt say no, but it would be a side project to me, well untill Oblivion goes beyond the sell by date.

But ill join in

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
there is only a few problems:
1) Mir2 or Mir3?
2) Host
3) Most of the team have their own servers to take care of

LoneRanger

Dedicated Member
Jul 4, 2003
United Kingdom, South England
Well, this post may be a little late.. But;

I could probably host a mir 2 / 3 server, ATM i was working on no lag, but then someone hacked my account, causing me to loose my gm. So basicly my server has been lost so the host :argh: So if you still want to make a LOMCN server, I would glady help. It would be a good idea seeming as Ragezone, mmorpg-net.com ect, have there own servers runing. It would be good, because we could get the latest server updates ect, and be one of the most up to date mir 2 or 3 / both servers known around.

1) Mir2 or Mir3?

Answer to that is both..

easy! So many people would be prepared to host LOMCN's server, as LOMCN is well known to all Mir Players. So I would say it would be easy also, I would probably be able to host a mir 2 server...

And the bit about people working on servers, yes but there are other people apart from the admins,teams and mods of lomcn, Maybe one of the most trusted member could? Just a surgestion anyway.. Im sure if you did decide to do this it would be successful.

Well I hope this could happen. I will support LOMCN all the way - even if wemade take action.. they cant take action on a 13 year old boy he he he :P

/LoneRanger

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
*Cough* Most People Would Want To Host But... You Carnt Trust Most People And They Might Run Off With Your Files... Only Trust People That You Know Wont Steal 100%.

LoneRanger

Dedicated Member
Jul 4, 2003
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+
1.68 GHz
512mb DDR Ram - Soon 1gb ddr ram
Windows Prof. XP
1mb Line
On a router

/LoneRanger

Router .. =/ I hate them!

And this all depends on whethere my bro.. would let me host, if I cant I would gladly help keep the server running, and if necesary donate towards the cause.

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
if it was up to me I wouldn't let you in on it. every server you have anything to do with seem to flop after a few days. imo you're too imature to run a long term server. go ahead and flame me all you want, but the truth is normally hard to handle. Its also hard to have an opinion around here sometimes.....

Lionheart

"SCHMIBBIT"
VIP
Jul 12, 2003
North Wales
Ok i think we have a very talented LOMCN team on this forum. I think that all of us would be very capable, and very easily be able to make a server.

But think about it ppl, how are we ALL going to run a 2 servers? Theres over 20 of us and we all like are own type of server.

Some prefer fast levling, other slow.
Some like high lv start, sum low.

Then we would quarral about whos GM, u crnt have 20 Gms now can we ¬.¬

Also ppl have their own servers. Also if its a poo server, we will get alot of stick for it :P

So personally i wouldnt mind it, i jus dont think it will work.

LoneRanger

Dedicated Member
Jul 4, 2003
Andeh said:
if it was up to me I wouldn't let you in on it. every server you have anything to do with seem to flop after a few days. imo you're too imature to run a long term server. go ahead and flame me all you want, but the truth is normally hard to handle. Its also hard to have an opinion around here sometimes.....

Think youll find it was mir 3 that happend. Now Mir 2, thats a different story, different db usage ect. Mir 3 is totaly different to mir 2 dude, thats all im going to say. I would work on the mir 2 server not mir 3, thats the end for me
Ok i think we have a very talented LOMCN team on this forum. I think that all of us would be very capable, and very easily be able to make a server.

But think about it ppl, how are we ALL going to run a 2 servers? Theres over 20 of us and we all like are own type of server.

Some prefer fast levling, other slow.
Some like high lv start, sum low.

Then we would quarral about whos GM, u crnt have 20 Gms now can we ¬.¬

Also ppl have their own servers. Also if its a poo server, we will get alot of stick for it

So personally i wouldnt mind it, i jus dont think it will work.

Could just have to servers on mir 2, like the Pserver and Dserver on Euro mir.. It could sort it out in a way. One is fast leveling and easyish, the other is for the people who would like to level hard but with good rares. I think that might sort the prob out ?

/LoneRanger

COPY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2003
Bed Room
lmfao we all know which would have the longer life span

but would be good way to split up all the mods and adims :)

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
IMHO - LOMCN should not bother making a mir3 server.

So far, i've seen a disorganised rabble, which does not appear to have the public behind them.

And of course, let's not forget that most of the LOMCN team focus on mir2.

Mir3 is a far more demanding game, and only a team with a true passion for Ei will succeed.

You lack that passion.

Zeph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 29, 2003
Hello WingZero and everyone,
I dont think LOMCN should do a MIR3 server for a few reasons not least of which is there are a few established servers out there and to attract ppl you need to offer more than they already have. With the current server files floating around (mostly still really msrf2.9 with few alterations) nothing has really changed in over a year, therfore i dont think this is really possible.

So unless anyone has managed to get hold of a newer version of the server.exe which supports the new spells the new way that items are handled in your baggage I dont reckon ppl will be leaving the servers they are on to move over to new ones anytime soon unless of course they shutdown.

Also many of the team have moved on and only tinker with EI on and off now.

P.S. On a final note be intersting to see when EI goes beta how close we got them server files :cool:

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Zeph said:
Hello WingZero and everyone,
I dont think LOMCN should do a MIR3 server for a few reasons not least of which is there are a few established servers out there and to attract ppl you need to offer more than they already have. With the current server files floating around (mostly still really msrf2.9 with few alterations) nothing has really changed in over a year, therfore i dont think this is really possible.

So unless anyone has managed to get hold of a newer version of the server.exe which supports the new spells the new way that items are handled in your baggage I dont reckon ppl will be leaving the servers they are on to move over to new ones anytime soon unless of course they shutdown.

Also many of the team have moved on and only tinker with EI on and off now.

P.S. On a final note be intersting to see when EI goes beta how close we got them server files :cool:

Hello Zeph me old chum.

Check your PMs.