LOMCN Upgrade Complete

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Hi all,

As you can probably tell the forum looks a little different now. I'm pleased to say we have successfully migrated everything across from the old vBulletin forum to a new version using XenForo. vB served us well but with XenForo we can improve the site much easier going forward and also offers us much better functionality.

We still have a lot of things to finalise but everything should be in a usable state for now. The layout has been kept almost identical to what it was before in order to ease the transition but we intend to make some changes to the way the main page looks soon.

In the mean time there is bound to be some bugs and glitches that we've missed (i.e. incorrect permissions somewhere) so if you find anything please let us know here

Edit: Special thanks to @Martyn @Chriz @DiabloVodkaShot for their help

Last edited:

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Nice upgrade!

Is there any way to change this theme to a darker one ? This white hurts my eyes :(

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Actually... not too bad. I approve.

Definitely needs a Dark Theme +1 to that idea.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
ooo all new....

Not a biggie but for me the default link to lomcn is the sign in page. When your already signed in brings you to a Oopps! We Ran Into Problems! window. Gives the impression the site is down.

Like the layout of being able to see peoples profile posts and see latest posts across multiple pages instead of just last few.

I likies :)

Reactions: Tai

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I'm working on a dark theme... :)

OtHZ7ZMg.png

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Looks awesome, also are we able to use full site from phone or that gone? Can’t find it :(

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Looks awesome, also are we able to use full site from phone or that gone? Can’t find it :(
Site is fully responsive, what you see is the full site just made a little easier to view and use on an mobile.

What you having issue with doing?

Guccci

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
The layout just seems completely off on phone, like you can't see new posts or anything and it looks really dated.

If I could get the layout you posted a picture of a bit further up, that would be ideal.

Reactions: Netskee

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Nice one, too much white but its a nice update.🤪

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Nice modernisation 👍🏻 Bringing MIR further into the current. I feel like I’ve just started a new server and want to get levelling 😏

Reactions: Martyn

Vaytrex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 21, 2016
My eye so comfortable when looking at new forum! Nice job!!!

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Took me abit to navigate all areas but once you know where to click to get all the bits up (like server status etc) it’s nice 👍🏻