LOMCN.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
When you don't have a LOMCN account, you can only see like 5% of the information on the server, most things are " private " until you sign in, currently, 75 users online, 15 members, 60 Guests.

About time u just open the forum up fully even if u don't have an account? Think how much traffic this site must get and people just thinks its ****ed because everything says " private " lol especially have to remember a lot of members / guests are non-English speaking.

Just an idea as forums been super dead lately, lucky to see 30/40 replies over a 24 hour period on here at the minute.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
If bots cant crawl your content, then how are search engines supposed to advertise your material xD

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
yeah agreed, lomcn has become quite quiet recently.

the only big threads are only drama ones XD

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Maybe because there is barely anything to discuss? Servers have their own discords for the casual comments.
What kind of content are you expecting to appear?

99% of the replies in the last few days were to some pointless Mir3 cock-measuring bitch fest, or server-specific discussions relevant to only those playing that server.

--

The slow months are the best months, it means people are busy working on things, and that takes a great deal of time. Trickles of WIP are what keeps me here.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Although it is quiet, thats not the problem as chalace said it could just be people working hard on content.

But having 60 out of 75 active members on the forum which can only see 2 threads is a problem, especially with the amount people who do not speak English which most likely visit.

I very much doubt they're bots either most likely just pop on to check the UserCount display.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Also, be aware that some users hide their presence (guilty) and may count towards the 'guest count' instead

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I do remember when the forums used to be a lot more bustling, but it was 50% of me asking stupid questions!

I also think, because people actually search the forums a lot more, they get the answers to their questions (as most have been answered) so you don't see the same question 100 times.

Reactions: Martyn

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Personal opinion - I think it was always setup that way to protect the community from bots but also the amount of private servers of other games you see shut down with Cease & Desist requests from game owners due to having an open webpage.

FROSTBITE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2017
Servers have their own discords for the casual comments.

This, I think Discord is to blame. I'm not sure if not seeing a million bullshit complaining/drama posts daily on LOMCN is a good or bad thing, but I do miss it at times lol

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
This, I think Discord is to blame. I'm not sure if not seeing a million bullshit complaining/drama posts daily on LOMCN is a good or bad thing, but I do miss it at times lol
all the trolls, do it real time on discord now lol

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Let's be honest, Drama is what kept LOMCN thriving now all the dig's are mostly done on Discord :(

Real point to thread though, opening up the forum fully to guest's, i think the site would see more traffic and a small influx in UC on server maybe, could be wrong but ya know :P

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
When you don't have a LOMCN account, you can only see like 5% of the information on the server, most things are " private " until you sign in, currently, 75 users online, 15 members, 60 Guests.

About time u just open the forum up fully even if u don't have an account? Think how much traffic this site must get and people just thinks its ****ed because everything says " private " lol especially have to remember a lot of members / guests are non-English speaking.

Just an idea as forums been super dead lately, lucky to see 30/40 replies over a 24 hour period on here at the minute.

I appreciate your concern but I assure you we're not missing anything from these guests. If they can't work out how to register then they aren't the sort of people that would be contributing anyway. We have had plenty of Chinese register and contribute over the years but now all they want to do is steal. This is why the ONLY private sections are the open source & dev sections and private server forum sections.

LOMCN actually used to be completed private. It was my decision several years ago to open up the majority of it to public viewing including the M2/M3 sections and as a result our SEO is just fine. We rank numer 4 on Google under P69 and wikipedia.

The issue with the forum being quiet as of late is for other reasons.

Reactions: Martyn and Cookie