smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

ervinzed

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
hey,

i plan to add some features to zircon default. i wan to create a 8x server. most of it is copy pasting. i pay 5000 CAD for the whole project after i earn it from donations.

result

8x map info
8x item info
8x item info stat
8x monster info
8x monster info stat
8x drop info
8x base stats
8x set info

Screenshot_11.png

so you will copy paste and rename the stats types, either with a generator or by yourself

DC 2x version will only damage mobs version 2x
DC 3x version will only damage mobs version 3x
DC 4x version will only damage mobs version 4x
etc

mob sats DC2 will only damage player 2x character
mob sats DC3 will only damage player 3x character
mob sats DC4 will only damage player 4x character
etc

rebirth must be removed, the character stats are 8x (7x copied). everything works as the multiplied version matches each time. char 2x with mob 2x with items 2x with respawn 2x with set info 2x. next all 3x and so on.

you only copy paste most of it

• Haha
Reactions: PoPcOrN

FloppyQ

LOMCN Member
May 12, 2020
There's almost certainly a better way to do whatever it is you're doing.

What are you going to do when you want to edit this?

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
What happens if you don't earn it from donations?
you get f/a

Edit:
It always annoys me, as if you're certain you will get that money back, invest it first.

I don't get why your project should rely on other people investing there time in and taking a really bad gamble, when really, you should be the one investing it in for the return if that's what you're aiming to get out of it.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I don't understand the request of creating multiple views when you can create X different stats where you can select by how much the current AC MR DC etc can multiply of.

Drop Info View - Drop Multiplier stat ( which can double the sum of end drop rate )
Item Info Stat View - Stat Multiplier Stat ( ex. DC Multiplier )
Item Info View - you dont need to have 8 item info views as thats where the item is created
Monster Info Stat - Stat Multiplier Stat ( ex. DC Multiplier )
Monster Info View - you dont need to have 8 monster info views as thats where the monster is created
Respawn Info View - can use another random multiplier stat
Set Info View - can use stat from ( Item Info Stat View )

Good Luck.

ervinzed

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
actually the point is to create new stats that dont work on old stated mobs or character levels

like: DC2 works only on mobs x2 where the old DC cannot have efect on them, it doesnt have effect cause it`s the 2x version. some starting bosses of x1 can drop x2 type items. when you get all the x2 items from x1 bosses you go on x2 maps and hunt x2 mobs. the server keeps moving on from x1 to x8 like the entire server repeats every time. like this we create 8x times the stats of the entire server, with stat types

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
actually the point is to create new stats that dont work on old stated mobs or character levels

like: DC2 works only on mobs x2 where the old DC cannot have efect on them, it doesnt have effect cause it`s the 2x version. some starting bosses of x1 can drop x2 type items. when you get all the x2 items from x1 bosses you go on x2 maps and hunt x2 mobs. the server keeps moving on from x1 to x8 like the entire server repeats every time. like this we create 8x times the stats of the entire server, with stat types
I think you’ve missed the point everyone was making

ervinzed

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
you get f/a

Edit:
It always annoys me, as if you're certain you will get that money back, invest it first.

I don't get why your project should rely on other people investing there time in and taking a really bad gamble, when really, you should be the one investing it in for the return if that's what you're aiming to get out of it.
i will have the 5000 in 4 months, as i receive some salary

you`re right, i should risk it not the programmer
What happens if you don't earn it from donations?
it`s a risk for sure
There's almost certainly a better way to do whatever it is you're doing.

What are you going to do when you want to edit this?
the other solution is to program it by myself
no dev will EVER work on the promise of payment based on donations

let me rephrase. no GOOD dev...
can offer half of what i earn, in 1 year it`s 100k pounds

i can offer 50k not 5k, it`s like 50% each like as in a business

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I wouldn't take this work.

If I was I would be breaking it into milestones and asking for payment at each stage.

Might get more offers if you save up the money to pay for it in advance. (Again I would do the same on your end if the Dev asks for the money upfront and break it into stages of work = stages of payment. )

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I'll take half of the payment now, do half the work. then pay the other half and i'll complete the other half of the work.

That is the ONLY way I see someone doing this.

Reactions: NoLife999

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
you only copy paste most of it
What I don't get is why you need a programmer to do this sweat shop like work.

the server keeps moving on from x1 to x8 like the entire server repeats every time

Reminds me of this server where each cave had an item set that you needed to collect to proceed to the next cave. Since the item set stats were predictable and came frequently, you stopped caring about them and the only incentive to move forward was to play in a new higher cave as those were set up quite nicely.

But when I got to lev200 where you moved to a new 'home town SZ', I had enough of that rinse and repeat game style and quit. What Far said about being like awesome seems to fit like an old shoe

ervinzed

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
I'll pay for 1x then use winmerge to compare and find what was added as code
Now it's like 200$ for x1

I'll just copy paste 24 times

24 core server
What I don't get is why you need a programmer to do this sweat shop like work.

Reminds me of this server where each cave had an item set that you needed to collect to proceed to the next cave. Since the item set stats were predictable and came frequently, you stopped caring about them and the only incentive to move forward was to play in a new higher cave as those were set up quite nicely.

But when I got to lev200 where you moved to a new 'home town SZ', I had enough of that rinse and repeat game style and quit. What Far said about being like awesome seems to fit like an old shoe
I will explain what this does. It adds new stats on char, mobs, items. The old item stats can't damage the next latest mobs. It's DC2 versus AC2 not versus AC1 cause it moves forward with stats and doesn't count the previous
The whole deal is just sketchy as fk to begin with 😂
It's sketchy cause there's no money but there's money offered. I thought the programmer could take half the donations to make it a better offer
I wouldn't take this work.

If I was I would be breaking it into milestones and asking for payment at each stage.

Might get more offers if you save up the money to pay for it in advance. (Again I would do the same on your end if the Dev asks for the money upfront and break it into stages of work = stages of payment. )
I don't know if it is going to win the money back. I could get bankrupt

Last edited:

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
I don't know if it is going to win the money back. I could get bankrupt
So the dev should take all the risk?

YOU have to invest time, money, effort into making a server worth playing. if its not worth playing/donating on then ofc noone will play/donate on it.

Reactions: Jev

ervinzed

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
So the dev should take all the risk?

YOU have to invest time, money, effort into making a server worth playing. if its not worth playing/donating on then ofc noone will play/donate on it.
You're right

Status
Not open for further replies.