Request Looking for original Sabuk Province map

Join Discord

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Hi.

Does anyone have a very very old Mir3 client backed up which contains the original sabuk province map? This is the one which came before seige was introduced - it has both Sabuk wall and Zuma template on the same map.

I've tried every mir3 client i have backed up, along with all the ones on mirfiles - and searched through all the server files I can find.

If anyone has this map backed up somewhere please upload.

It was only found in very old EI pre 2.9 clients I believe.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
do you happen to know the map number so i dont have to search through my clients for everymap? :)

It's 3.map

Easy indicator is if your map folder also has a 31.map - as thats what Zuma Province is. If it doesn't have 31.map then its either the new new PTW map version, or the old old EI map version (probably).

The 3 versions of Sabuk Province

EI (sabuk and zuma same map)
JoB (Sabuk siege map, zuma separate map)
PTW (Sabuk siege map, zuma same map (although its now the Wooma entrance because WeMade are idiots))

Reactions: Sanjian

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
This is the map we are looking for.

000017.png

Reactions: Far

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I plain hate playing on a map partitioned into a maze by those low walls, not nice map in my books, sorry.

I recall a mir2 server someone released years ago that came very close to making a sea journey on a boat, 'sailed' from a starting island to mainland.

Reactions: Jev

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
I plain hate playing on a map partitioned into a maze by those low walls, not nice map in my books, sorry.

I recall a mir2 server someone released years ago that came very close to making a sea journey on a boat, 'sailed' from a starting island to mainland.
was sangji or hank

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
You started doing couple quests on an island to get admission to boat, was quite neat. Reminded me of Prince of Persia II single player game but there it was animation between levels. Anyone played that one?

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
This the old one from the MSRF days. (At least I think this is the one, dont have a mapeditor handy to verify)

Attachments

• old sabuk.rar
    358.2 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Jev

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Old Mir3 maps which includes this map has waters in near all provinces or connectors maps.
Decent to add some Docks and make Boat Sailing as secondary transport option than Tele Stones.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

Isn't it better to have an immersive map? Sure it takes abit more time to get from A to B. But that's why you're playing a fantasy mmo and not fifa.

You can't honestly tell me you like this style of map more (the current Sabuk Province)

Rzzmr0r.png

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
No, I don't like that one either ;) right away you can tell it is mir3 map. The open space by no means saves the day LOL, it is kind of bare, also the whole map perimeter made up of 'fake' tree border which I don't like even on mir2 maps (it is like the foggy distant view in 3D games which I dislike but that may be because I don't like immersive 3D, period), no cliffs...

Take the latest server main town, typical mir3 horrible maze (you see some mobs few paces away but to get to them you need to make a detour and be lucky to find the staircase), when I started out it snagged me and the day was only saved when with the help of bigmap I made it out to normal mir2 countryside, collected some gold and items for sale and used the @home to get back into that maze and buy some RTs and that was the last I've seen of that town, I mean apart from its SZ, thank god. Give me BW any day.

Mir3 folks get drunk on those obstacles that don't even look like one until you find you can't cross from one kind of pavement to another because there is some border there you can't cross (sort of like ZT 1F those floor strips in the center area).

Last edited:

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
Anyone got the map file itself?
Here is the file with some small edits if you want mate.

1. cleared the trees in the wall witch were broken,
  2. added steps for seige inside wall.
  3. added x3 seige bases for after death and to buy seige from npc to break gates. the idea here is 1 camp for attacker, 1 camp for defender and 1 for everyone else that attends wall.
  4. added docks at bottom for travel.
  5. moved teleport stone away from sabuk and moved to outside ZT walls.
1647451356937.png

Attachments

• Sabuk+ZT.rar
    351.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: