Looking to get a Windows 10 laptop

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
Can you show us your Task Manager's Performance tab with the clients running.
Yeah sure, I'll test with Alliance Mir as this is what I was using before.

So this is with 10 open, 9 being lowest resolution and fps max ticked.

One with max fps not ticked and on a higher resolution.

To be fair there's not a lot happening on all of the screens due to usercount of the server.

I might try and make some accounts on OldSkool later as it would be interesting to compare the both.

1678124711519.png

1678124728332.png

xXxLegendxXx

Banned
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Why Windows 10? personally never had any issues with Windows 11.
Windows 11 is terrible I hate it so much, I can't believe that they're planning to release windows 12 next year like seriously?? Windows 11 was enough cancer

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Windows 11 is terrible I hate it so much, I can't believe that they're planning to release windows 12 next year like seriously?? Windows 11 was enough cancer
I’ve never had any issues with Windows 11, even using a insider preview which also works perfectly fine.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I think the UI on 11 is a great improvement over 10.

Once again your opinion is trash 🚮

• Haha
Reactions: Omnibus

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I’ve never had any issues with Windows 11, even using a insider preview which also works perfectly fine.

I have no idea why people hate on Windows 11, it's the best release since XP in my opinion.

Clean, easy to navigate, runs smoothly.

Reactions: Tai

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
I have no idea why people hate on Windows 11, it's the best release since XP in my opinion.

Clean, easy to navigate, runs smoothly.
It sounds better than XP.

Tried XP on VirtualBox and it wasn't the best. That dial up broadband etc.

XP was best for gaming. I'm looking to try 11 :D

xXxLegendxXx

Banned
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I think the UI on 11 is a great improvement over 10.

Once again your opinion is trash 🚮
I think you're weird
Post automatically merged:

Colours can be heavily personalised in the settings.

UI (Taskbar) can be moved to the left side like older Operating Systems.

I don’t think it’s too bad.
How ?

KaleighLindsey

LOMCN Leecher
Apr 9, 2023
I installed Windows 10 to play computer games without any problems. Windows 7 doesn't work well enough with video games. Microsoft has made significant improvements to gaming performance in Windows 10, including better support for DirectX 12 and improvements to the operating system's graphics subsystem.

Reactions: Omnibus

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I'd go with win10, tried win11 and found it caters to your average bozo out there, I can't imagine they would use win11 at MS offices to develop next windows version on it.
It has to be seriously customized to make even a half serious workstation out of it and even then it has serious problems, like run of the mill image extensions like jpg, bmp and what not else. are registered with photo viewer program and other programs can't use them as default (these extensions are not even available for assignment in the Setup panel). This is serious beta program, I am astonished that this was released on the street to paying customers.

Win11 is also missing the Volume Mixer that on win10 allows you to set various sound volumes for your various programs (the one accessed by right click on speaker icon). And when I tried to personalize to get solid color for desktop, the color selection is very poor and even making your own custom color is weird. Basically they destroyed what worked well on win10.
Win11 strikes me as win10 on which they put a surface shell more to the liking of the average normal user out there who is hooked on social groups etc., etc., and in the process destroyed many features that worked before without any problems, don't see any workplace making transition to win11 ever.

I am well used to win10 but the other day I booted up the ole win7 and it was such a liberating experience. Why didn't they just improve its guts and leave the user interface the same. But no, the average customer needs more surface glitz to buy new OS. MS went with Macintosh way of doing things, Apple should burry them in law suits LOL, because that's what flies nowadays with pple.

Last edited:

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
I'd go with win10, tried win11 and found it caters to your average bozo out there, I can't imagine they would use win11 at MS offices to develop next windows version on it.
It has to be seriously customized to make even a half serious workstation out of it and even then it has serious problems, like run of the mill image extensions like jpg, bmp and what not else. are registered with photo viewer program and other programs can't use them as default (these extensions are not even available for assignment in the Setup panel). This is serious beta program, I am astonished that this was released on the street to paying customers.

Win11 is also missing the Volume Mixer that on win10 allows you to set various sound volumes for your various programs (the one accessed by right click on speaker icon). And when I tried to personalize to get solid color for desktop, the color selection is very poor and even making your own custom color is weird. Basically they destroyed what worked well on win10.
Win11 strikes me as win10 on which they put a surface shell more to the liking of the average normal user out there who is hooked on social groups etc., etc., and in the process destroyed many features that worked before without any problems, don't see any workplace making transition to win11 ever.

I am well used to win10 but the other day I booted up the ole win7 and it was such a liberating experience. Why didn't they just improve its guts and leave the user interface the same. But no, the average customer needs more surface glitz to buy new OS. MS went with Macintosh way of doing things, Apple should burry them in law suits LOL, because that's what flies nowadays with pple.
I'm buying Windows 10 laptop next week. Can't wait now.