Mac mini air m2

Join Discord

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I've just got the M2 Mac Air and its amazing, even after spilling a pint of water over it the first week I had it :/

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
Would u recommend the Mac mini air m2 with its screen and mouse keyboard thats 1000£

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Would u recommend the Mac mini air m2 with its screen and mouse keyboard thats 1000£
Depends what you are using it for mate, but in my opinion if you spend the money on the Macs they do seem to stand the test of time!

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Depends what you are using it for mate, but in my opinion if you spend the money on the Macs they do seem to stand the test of time!

I beg to differ, mac hardware loses support while it is still in great shape and even still performing at reasonable speed. I take care of macs for a family and two iMacs, 24"&27" and Mac Pro from 2010 have been left in dust. The two iMacs are still perfectly OK for web browsing and email and such like basic use but Apple won't update Safari for them (it has a big problem since websites moved to https standard). It is tied to OSX and supported hardware is dropping off like flies.

Tried other browsers but they all refuse to be installed unless I get hold of an older version and prevent them from updating. But then you have you still have problem because 'normal folks' won't click the tiny link to 'Advanced something' and agree to go ahead into danger and load the webpage anyway... never mind you are using outdated browser all the same.

I am thinking of rescuing Mac Pro since it has 48 GB RAM but that means buying graphic 'doctored' card on eBay (and hoping it is not some scam), iMacs I might install windows in Boot Camp on them (maybe even win11) but don't think the family will like that, probably they will end in my hands.

Old PCs the same age easily install the latest windows and runs it reasonably well for run of the mill office use, including email and browsing web.