Map feed back please

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Ok this is my first main dungeon map I have made.

It's one floor with several bosses and mobs for exp. There is a heaven/hell theme around it hence the kinda openings in the ground.

I have tried not to over complicate the maps by adding a million and 1 details to it but I have tried to add a bit to each room.

I'm going to be making a fair few more maps and just want feed back from this one.

Thanks - I think its 500x500 or 600x600 this map.

Kinda hard to see the detail -.-

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Not bad but yeh definatly with a map this size your going to need ALOT of detail otherwise you will find yourself running for ages on the same old boring tiles.

Also them hell bits look abit out of place maybe you could post some ingame screenies of the hell/heaven bits so we can judge properly.

7/10

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Not bad but yeh definatly with a map this size your going to need ALOT of detail otherwise you will find yourself running for ages on the same old boring tiles.

Also them hell bits look abit out of place maybe you could post some ingame screenies of the hell/heaven bits so we can judge properly.

7/10

What he said.

I like the thought behind the layout though.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Looks, ok, i dislike how you've used Hell Temple maps, and PT ones (im guessin its them from colours and shape). Good idea.. but i think it doesnt look right.

Shape is nice, i would say smaller scale. looks too big and not enough detail.

5/10

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Thanks for all the feed back :) Glad I saved it before I did any changes ( after the base :D )

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
I disagree with Smav, i think it's good to experiment with mixtures of different tiles and objects, it makes things a lot more interesting. Although you can't really get a feel for how the combination is going to work in MapEditor, so make sure you test the combo in game on a small test map first. Obviously there are going to be combination that definitely do not work, but some can actually work quite well.

As for the map, i'm liking the shape, nice size for groups (Like BG maybe?), hard to get a feel for the detail from that image, but you do need to make sure there is something to look at as your running, as the same tiles over and over again gets very disheartening.

7/10 - Good work.

p

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Is that your 1st map?:) Looks pritty dam good:P

Id say 7/10

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Thanks all for your feed back :)

Looks awesome, will you be releasing?

I will be yes mate. Not sure if I should release blank so people can add their own details or add my own (as above, but better) and then release.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀

I will be yes mate. Not sure if I should release blank so people can add their own details or add my own (as above, but better) and then release.

you can release both.. but first i'd like to see how your map gets when its finished..

as far as i see for now i can say it is a nice job.. especially if it's one of your first makings..

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich

Cool cool mate, well when you do decide to release i will deffinately be putting into my files =]