Map making question

smoochy boys on tour

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Getting in to making maps now it's pretty cool but time consuming! ( About 20 hours so far from learning to making 3 maps >< )

Anyhow... I've just made a dungeon map now I've got the lay out down but I have not colored in the back ground outside of the dungeon walls. Now when I take a screen shot it's got a white back ground, will this be the case if using it as a mini map?

Do I have to manually draw the black back ground? At work so can't test in game atm.

Thanks.

Chris22

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
once you have done the map all finshed go to file " Save to Bmp " do that then resize in paint or somthing to 50% for town map and 25% for minimap import into mmap.wil and job done :D

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
once you have done the map all finshed go to file " Save to Bmp " do that then resize in paint or somthing to 50% for town map and 25% for minimap import into mmap.wil and job done :D

Nice one mate, thank you very much. Will this change the white/blank area to black or will I need to manually colour this in?

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
When you put a map ingame with no tile, i assume (never tried) it will just appear black. However on minimap.. your have holes in it, so you will see nothing, unless you do Chris's method and fill it in. There is however a black tile you can use to fill in the ground.

ChiliPepper

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Dec 26, 2003
with shortys map maker it just fills white with no tiles filled , however on the 1.4 map editor its black ( i think)
ingame it will apear as black for the not filled bits but just fill the the non tiled bits anyway just for a bit of proffesionalism if your making a mini map :P