smoochy boys on tour

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
was my work pc, nice try.

My own home desktop = jenna jameson

So some cum dumpster with a chuff like a wizards sleeze? Nice.

Stone, May i ask what the hell do your friends and family think of your desktop? It seems kinda EMO / Goth. But i guess whatever floats your boat.

I have no idea what my friends or family think of my desktop, i dont often run such decisions by them.

If you must know it reminds me of an Anime series i like called Blood+.

Oh and im neither emo or goth.

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Not that I see it much as Always have IRC open full screen on the left monitor, and usually FF on the other, but here you go:
desktop-3.14.08.jpg

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
@df or anyone with 2 screens. if you maximise a window. does it go on one window. or over both?

and same with games, does it mess anything like that up?

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Maximises to 1 screen, games run on 1 screen (usually the main one, eg the one with the clock and menu button, but some (I've only seen it with GTA:SA) give a choice)

Some games (eg RA2) don't properly lock the mouse, so you end up with the mouse falling into the other screen, and if you click there the game minimises (same as alt tab, or windows key).

I run games in windowed mode usually anyway, so they tend to lock the mouse properly then.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i thought of that. but then iv known games to run so slow on window mode. which is what i was worried about, running a game and desktop at once may slow it down?

i want another monitor. iv got a gorgeous viewsonic vp181b (4 years old and still sells at £300+).

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Never had any problems with windowed mode personally.

I have 2x "Hyundai W240D" :D

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
pc wouldnt allow me to go above 1024 x 758

but thanx for that its made it alot better.

Attachments

• desktop1.JPG
    desktop1.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 63

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
ah so its your gfx card that sucks. not your monitor.

and dont get a plasma for a computer monitor. thats the most stupid idea ever. unless you actually want instant screen burn and a ruined plasma within months.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
ah so its your gfx card that sucks. not your monitor.

and dont get a plasma for a computer monitor. thats the most stupid idea ever. unless you actually want instant screen burn and a ruined plasma within months.

it would only be temporary, when you download a film or w/e u just want to watch it on a bigger screen, would you say a LCD is the better monitor then? because my bro had to get extra cover on his incase of pixel death.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
a dieing pixel happens on most lcds nowadays. usually only 1 or 2 die, and with about half a million pixels on the screen. its not noticable. alot better than a huge burn on your plasma where your task bar always is.

it wld b fine for using it to switch over when u watch movies. but i wldnt recommend it when using your pc for normal window use.

in any case. id go for a smaller lcd screen. say about 37", but it on hd. and boom, super quality pictures.

no need for super huge screen. chavs come into my shop wanting to buy 50" tvs, and really poor quality coz its all they can afford.

go for a smaller screen, and keep the quality.

anyway. i ramble.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
it would only be temporary, when you download a film or w/e u just want to watch it on a bigger screen, would you say a LCD is the better monitor then? because my bro had to get extra cover on his incase of pixel death.
but would cover/warranty actually cover you for pixel damage?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yeah warrenty covers pixel damage, but so will your first years manufacterers warrenty.