Mass Purge of small kb files in folder structure

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Looking for PS/.Bat or a CLI command to target a folder structures top level and auto delete all files within the entire structure that are under a certain size.

I used to have a batch script that did this for me but can't find it, and I've been up way too long to remember how I did it...
Anyone have any ideas?

Tried a brief search on google but couldn't find what I was after

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Is that a one time deletion? Also not sure what you mean, just top level or including subfolders.

Anyway, probably all third party (not sure about MS) file explorers are able to show 'flat view' where you see all files together, never mind they are actually in deep subfolder structure. Then you in detail view sort by size and manually delete all under some size. Also can use a filter to show only some file kinds.

xyplorer is what I use, sometimes xplorer2

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
In all honesty, LCD gave me the easiest way, go to the root folder, search all files, filter by size (least and just wait for it to find all files, highlight and delete lol!)

It was to purge out basically 50k blank frames before I rebuild all my player libs lol

Reactions: mir2pion

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Another way to do something like this could be windows or third party search programs. I use 'Everything', not sure if standard windows search would be as capable.

1664396683907.png

Reactions: LightBringer

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Xyplorer / Xplorer2

Are these free apps ?

Something I'd like to explore.