Merciful Mir 2 - Crystal - Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Server name - Merciful Mir 2
Team members - Nameless
Server Files - Modified Crystal source
EXP Rate - Medium
Discord - https://discord.com/invite/keMd6xet9M
Download Links - https://www.mediafire.com/file/yzvh4xsq3wdhvf3/Merciful+Mir+2+-+Client.rar/file

Server live 30/7/2021 6PM BST

After seeing decent success on my first attempt at a Mir server, Merciless Mir 3 I have decided to try my hand at a Mir 2 server, this server will use a lot of new assets with regards to monsters, skills, and item libs, there are some new maps but there are also a large amount of old fan favourite maps.
Whilst there are new spells in game, I have also recoloured some original spells to freshen things up a bit, there will be different versions of spells usable in game, e.g. if you choose to use a blue firewall or a red firewall (they will offer no additional effects / additional damage)

With regards to monsters, the server is built up of mostly new monsters from various Chinese sources, there is no original monster images within the game.

oks.png skyking.png ZT.png

Items

The server is populated with new weapon libs from the same sources, I'm not sure how many of them have been seen before, although most of them are new to me so I chose to populate the server using them, hopefully they contribute to a fresh experience along with everything else.
Along the weapon libs, the server will be using updated HD images for the majority of items such as red orchid sets etc.
The only downside is the armours, we'll be sticking with original armours as the Chinese resources lack the required animations that we need to make everything function properly.

Weapons.png

Skills

Some skills have been recoloured, some new skills have been added, ill update it more whenever I am adding more but there's various skills that I've recoloured just to shake things up even in a minor way, the skills will still function in the same manor.

All original skills up to level 40 will be auto learned on level up - most of these will have different images

dragoninferno.png shieldfw.png aqua.png

As for additional features, all of the regular crystal features will be available with the example of the awakening system and fishing system, there will most likely be no mining either.

One new feature is one that was very well received on my Mir 3 server, player HP bars, these can easily be disabled by pressing P and ticking or unticking the option in the box.
These function both just for seeing your party members health, however for a Taoist, if you click on a selected member, this will target them until you target something else, this will allow for easy single targeted heal, application of buffs onto your target without having to worry about the size of the monster they are fighting, e.g. if they are behind a mob and you would of previously had issues targeting them.

Group Hp bars.png

Another smaller thing is map navigation, with a custom map layout, it may seem a little overwhelming to some players not understanding where to go, we have added the map navigation from the Zircon files, this will allow people to press B, click on the connected maps and see where they lead to.
map nav.png

Crafting
You can find various crafting materials throughout the world, you can craft books if you collect enough pages, this will allow everyone access to books instead of having only some people getting them from boss drops, you can also craft various pads, medals, emblems and various other little kit upgrades.
Capture.PNG

Reactions: deano13 and Sanjian

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
Hi @Nameless seems u have become very quiet from day 2 of release understandable ur now too well but even just slight updates on what's going on 1 week after launch the caves u were saying were going to be opened never happend alot of kits are messed up making progression pointless atm hopefully this will be sorted soon just seems you have abandoned ship on use :(

Reactions: Nameless

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
@Nameless server crashed

Hi @Nameless seems u have become very quiet from day 2 of release understandable ur now too well but even just slight updates on what's going on 1 week after launch the caves u were saying were going to be opened never happend alot of kits are messed up making progression pointless atm hopefully this will be sorted soon just seems you have abandoned ship on use :(

Just not been on discord mate, ill have an update out in the next day or two to address any issues, want to get a decent amount of caves out on the update so I don't have to keep updating every day or so, not given up don't worry ^^

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Looking for @Nameless

Is the server abandoned or what. I need GM help.

Maybe, just maybe someone might know if it is possible to be removed from your own guild when you are the only one in it (guild leader), like if there can be some level limit which when reached, you get removed from the guild (even you are the leader and alone in the guild). Like some server admin setting that you goofed up if you quite don't know what you are doing or something like that.

I logged on today and received chat message in red 'You have been removed from guild'
Nothing else changed on the account, doesn't look like someone broke in, just the guild is gone and with it full guild storage (I have better items in normal storage which is untouched if someone wonders the acct was broken in).

Last edited:

PsiMan

Golden Oldie
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2004
Is the server officially dead now? I ask as it's been down since this morning and have heard nothing from the owner for weeks now.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
@Nameless - Hey bud can you confirm if the server is still online? If I don't hear back from you by 10th Sep I will need to take down your ad and remove your server from the list. Thanks

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
It look like something happened to him, possibly serious. Server was rebooted at least twice some two days before it went offline for good.

He had plans for the server August 6th I think, said how he will post updates weekly, then vanished and server went offline Aug.26 under suspicious circumstances, like if somebody who doesn't know what he is doing had access to it, maybe his cat? He is offline on discord, probably also here on forum.

I think it is still possible he might show up again and put the server online, in which case I'd return to play it but I am not waiting for it, have written it off.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
oo that is odd! I checked their logs hoping to see them still browsing as a user and maybe just didn't want to run a server anymore but they have went from a daily user to not signing in several weeks.

Hope they are OK but ill give it another 48 hours before taking ad and stuff down and if they return can be easily restored.

Reactions: mir2pion and Alecs

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
August 7 his last post on the server discord, didn't notice him being among discord online users either although I check maybe only once a week.

Looks like there is more to it than just getting tired of running a server.

Reactions: Seanofsmeg

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Thread locked - No response after 7+ days around if server will come back online

Status
Not open for further replies.