Merciful Mir 2 - Medium Rate - Custom

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Still on for beta this weekend? :)
all being well, yes, be more of a stress test for the files to spot any crashes, hope to have the starter zones tested along with 5-8 caves to see what bugs are spotted

Reactions: Jev

Boomshroom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 8, 2011
all being well, yes, be more of a stress test for the files to spot any crashes, hope to have the starter zones tested along with 5-8 caves to see what bugs are spotted
Good good :) hopefully between my shifts at work lol

Reactions: Nameless

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
discord sorted as of yet ?
I've now created the discord, ill add more channels etc as I get abit more free time, just a general chat and bug report for now.

Everyone is welcome to join the discord, ill continue to post updates to lomcn regardless, Beta is still aimed for this weekend, today if possible, saturday worst case scenario.

Post automatically merged:

Hi folks, Heres a download link, don't hesitate to contact me if there are any issues.

Last edited:

Boomshroom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 8, 2011
Just noticed that in description of server it states that mining might not be ingame? So does that mean no refines? Or is ores drops from zombies?

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Just noticed that in description of server it states that mining might not be ingame? So does that mean no refines? Or is ores drops from zombies?

Hey mate, good question - Refining will be in game but not in its normal form, hoping to get it reworked for launch, will be different crafting materials used to refine but won't be gained from afk mining.

Reactions: PaxoStuffing

WarrDcv

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 5, 2017
I've now created the discord, ill add more channels etc as I get abit more free time, just a general chat and bug report for now.

Everyone is welcome to join the discord, ill continue to post updates to lomcn regardless, Beta is still aimed for this weekend, today if possible, saturday worst case scenario.

Post automatically merged:

Hi folks, Heres a download link, don't hesitate to contact me if there are any issues.

I downloaded it but I don't have the correct ip

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Beta is now live, theres only a few caves in to test the beginning progression, any issues let me know, ill be updating quests etc over the next few days and making the required changes that are found in beta.

Have fun!

I downloaded it but I don't have the correct ip

Responded via direct message, auto patcher should also be fixed again.

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Got a lot of reports on things needing fixed, I've closed the server for a few days while I make the changes and add more things, I'll put the server up some day this week to see how these changes have effected the server.

There will be more areas open this time around, with the questlines to go along with them.

Thank you everyone who contributed.

Reactions: Jev

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
First little update, will keep posting progress as I go along.

slight buff to halfmoon damage
Increased quest reward EXP to get people to 20 faster from starter quests.
Adjusted the weight of potions
Halved the mana cost of Twin Drake Blade
Hellfire now correctly levels up, 16,18,21
Warriors now have +3 to base Accuracy
Fixed a bug where magic shield was disappearing when hit (tried to replicate, seems to be fixed now)
Adjusted placements for ear ring and shoulder pads on character screen.
Lowered Dart Wooma defensive stats
Taoist pets will now instantly get level to 3 via skill points
Taoist pets will now have AOE, between 4 space attack and the full 8 (CHM)
Amulets now work from the bag, this opens up the bracelet slot for another bracelet.
Adjusted durability of various items
Slightly adjusted stats of items 20-34, nothing massive as I want the progress small between common items.
Adjusted sell back price on items up to level 35
Added 40 quests, various crafting materials to be awarded from these cave quests, pads etc

Reactions: ChaseyLane

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Another little update, will post more content related screenshots over the next few days.

Added new taoist skill, SummonWaterGollum - Tanky pet, has CHM
Added Potion mastery skill for warriors, boosts amount of recovery from potions ( more war spells to come)
Added Frozensword skill to game for warriors
Added Drake storm, AquaStorm and lava bolt for wizzards
Added protection mantra to taoist, apply to an ally to make them receive a % less damage buff for the duration.
Altered required levels for skills above level 40
Buffed Skeleton, shinsu and water gollum
Lowered poison cloud cool down
Made various adjustments to the skill points required for skills 40+
Made adjustments to how many skill points are required for higher level skills
Crosshalfmoon now auto learned for warriors at level 34
Altered the teleport stones throughout the towns to open up all caves
Fixed storage npc
Populated all towns with every type of NPC

Reactions: deano13

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Just to give a little update with regards to live date, server will go live on the 30th July and 6PM UK time, wanted to go for a 23rd release but I want to spend a bit more time polishing the stuff I've been working on and create a better updated advertisement to hopefully generate a bit more attention for the server, ill update the main post shortly with the new advertisement once its finished.

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Still going ahead with the 30th release, 6 PM UK, heres a few little changes that I've done over the past few days, will update with the final stuff before launch tomorrow night.

Part 3 -

EXP table adjusted up to level 60, current cap will be at 60, however the exp table may change according to how fast or slow people progress.
Fixed alignments for teleport stones text
Added a free mount and saddle to the starter quest line
Doubled warriors starting accuracy
Warrior now gains half moon at level 20, CHM at 34
Buffed halfmoon and crosshalfmoon
Added various Pads, emblems, medal and ear rings to crafting options
Added books to crafting, can use torn pages found around the world to craft a skill with a 50% chance / this will be different for each book.
Added Crafting Masters to each town
Changed colour of wizard magic shield, fixed bug where it would disapear sometimes
Fixed Trust merchant scripts for each town
Changed Pk Town to an area in BW
Added NPC to pk town, sells reduction potions for gold
Altered the amount of torn pages required for craftable books.
Altered all intelligent creatures to no longer expire
Made all of the intelligent creatures function the same, these will just look different now.
Added storage npc to coastal village
Altered the price of crafting materials
Added storage npc to grasslands
Lowered Firewall to level 20, now levels up 20,28,35
Increased amount of wooma guardians on each floor, from 2 to 6
reduced Wooma taurus damage by 20%, hp by 25%
Added quest npcs to the beginning of each cave that will offer you 4 basic quests per cave, some will be repeatable, offering upgradable items to upgrade your ear rings, pads.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Doubled warriors starting accuracy
Warrior now gains half moon at level 20, CHM at 34
Buffed halfmoon and crosshalfmoon

Nice touch for warriors, makes me wonder what level thrusting will be. Thrusting needs to be leveled in BC in those single mob slots but HM will probably need to go to mines (zombies).

Thing is, once you are strong enough to use HM in BC, it cuts into your leveling if you still need to level thrusting. Of course this assumes those caves will be there, which most likely will be the case.

Anyway will give this a run (y)

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Nice touch for warriors, makes me wonder what level thrusting will be. Thrusting needs to be leveled in BC in those single mob slots but HM will probably need to go to mines (zombies).

Thing is, once you are strong enough to use HM in BC, it cuts into your leveling if you still need to level thrusting. Of course this assumes those caves will be there, which most likely will be the case.

Anyway will give this a run (y)
Things are very different on this server, youll be able to half moon in caves as soon as you get it, PVE wise every class seems super strong, no class should ever struggle early on, that was the goal anyway, easy starter island to get you started, judging by the testing that was done and the changes made after it, 3 hours you should be around 40, this has also been made easier with the quests I have added, seem to be very rewarding, giving large exp for the effort, shoulder pads and other little trinkets to make each class benefit in different ways, warriors get defensive stuff, maybe the odd aspeed, while wiz / tao get lower defensive but some damage as they seemed to be struggling a little the first time around.

Looking forward to launch ^^

Maverick

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 8, 2013
hey nameless i remember playing a nice mir3 server you had run.......

question about this one is i see you said 3 hours to lv40, which i have no problem with a rate someone sets a server at BUT! with the cap at 60 is there a huge grind wall in there? or is it going to be possible to hit max lvl in 1 long session?

Status
Not open for further replies.