Merciless Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Overview

The goal of the server is to create a hybrid between Mir 2 and Mir 3. The map layout has been rebuilt largely using Mir 2 shanda provinces, most remaining Mir 3 maps have been used in caves, however some Mir 3 provinces will return in the future. Needless to say, the world is very different along with it all the items have been created from scratch. Every zone has its role be it gaining crafting materials to upgrade your items or farming an area for special set items.

The experience table has been adjusted, I want players to be able to join the game and play for a few hours and leave the starting island with a full set of gear and around level 20 to tackle the new content, without having to spend hours grinding through the boring levels melee attacking mobs. For this reason the required level to use skills has been reduced (up to level 25) so players can feel like they're doing something instead of mindlessly clicking monsters for the first hour or two of game play.

As for EXP rate, players will achieve level 30, have all their basic skills and beginner gear after 4-5 hours so they can begin exploring. However I've decided once players reach level 40, the EXP required will significantly increase slowing the server down to a slower style medium rate server.
Below are some new things that may be of interest.

New group drop system

We have introduced a new group roll system, if an item is of significance and whilst you are in a group, a new window will appear allowing players to roll on the item.
Players will also have the choice to skip the item, whilst you are in a group and something like this drops, you will still receive your own personal drop file for everything else.

Item rolling.png

Maps

As stated above, we are using a mixture between Mir 2 and Mir 3 maps, whilst supporting every map type we also have some custom caves in progress.
Below see the province map layout, excuse the poorly done image hopefully it gives an idea of what its like.

map layout.png

Crafting System

We have introduced a crafting system, this system will not allow you to create amazing pieces of gear, the intention is to allow users to gain crafting materials throughout their travels and upgrade things like their stones, emblems and other little trinkets.

crafting.png

Item Linking

An item linking system has been introduced, this should allow players to easily show people items that they are interested in selling without having to view it in the trust merchant or actually face them, this system works with every type of chat, private message, global chat etc.

item linking.png

Monsters

Going with the hybrid train of though its not only the Mir 2 maps we're using, we have also taken fan favourite caves and populated them with their native monsters.
This is true for the Mir 2 and Mir 3 side of things.

collo.png dd.png Evilmir.png omaking.png

Skills

There has been a few new skills added, mainly warrior spells to aid them as I felt they were a little weak in PVP, however before the server launches every class will have 3-4 new spells for launch. I will update this part when I add more, For now the skills added and in drops are.

Excuse the lack of screen shots, I cannot post anymore.

Berserker

Gives the warrior a temporary attack speed steroid, amount of speed and duration increases with training.

ber.png

Perseverance

Allows the warrior to move whilst being immune to flinch, the user still takes damage but hopefully this aids the user in catching up with ranged classes kiting him.
Small duration, make use of it!

pers.png

Pledge of Blood

The taoist casts a buff on an ally, granting 4/8/12% additional HP to that ally, HP recovery from potions is always boosted by 10/15/20% whilst the buff is active.

Lay on Hands

The taoist casts a healing buff that works over time, the more damage the wielder takes during this duration the more they are healed for each tick.

Wrap up

I think that's most of the major things covered, smaller things to note are addition of multiple new item slots, shoulder pads, soul stone, tribe and quest.
As for quests, Daily quests have been added, these are aimed at allowing people to be able to receive game gold boxes from their dailies so they can buy all their buffs with zero investment.

As the world is completely new, each cave will have a statue outside it, this statue will offer you side quests (killing quests) that have no impact on the main story quest.
They will also offer you information about the cave, what level its suggested for, what sort of items you can expect to receive.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I know it probably was a bit of a long read but I wanted to put something sizeable together to showcase some of the stuff.

Last edited:

FantasticTroll

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 21, 2019
Nice work! (someone would be triggered to see "Pledge of Blood " for sure)

no discord link?

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
What dictates the item to be of significance to cause the rolling to occur? Do we have options from Common/Rare etc?

Reactions: Nameless

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
What dictates the item to be of significance to cause the rolling to occur? Do we have options from Common/Rare etc?

Thanks for the question, the user has no input with regards to what items are going to be rolled, as of now items that will be within the rolling sequence are things like benes, rare crafting materials and items that are not class bound e.g. some items within the game are set by class requirement, but there is also unique items within the same tier, these items offer special stats like critical chance, luck etc

Every boss has some unique items within its drop file, you wont ever be cheated out of a item you actually need via the roll mechanic unless its multi class (if you lose the roll), which most things are not, basically the mechanic is allowing people to roll for commodities and the rare special multi class gear.

Reactions: Jicaa

xiaocaozhijia

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
Hello, why not based on the JOB maps? Because Wemade planned to upgrade MIR2 to EI MIR with job maps. And JOB maps are the final version of MIR2 maps.

where can I download the game

HxH

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 17, 2017
play for a few hours and leave the starting island with a full set of gear and around level 20 to tackle the new content, without having to spend hours grinding through
hmmm ok XD

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Hello, why not based on the JOB maps? Because Wemade planned to upgrade MIR2 to EI MIR with job maps. And JOB maps are the final version of MIR2 maps.

where can I download the game

I’m not the biggest fan of the job maps, maybe some will be used in future patches. No download link yet it’ll be a few weeks until release.

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
any update?

Still working on things, hopefully going to get a little test server set up this weekend or early beginning of the week to test the first 30 levels or so, see how fast things progress and see what needs changing.

checkra1n

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 30, 2006
United Arab Emirates
Yeah - any news for beta & quick question, like other server running ATM, your beta will also last 2 - 3 months ?

Also please clear that every one will get a fresh start.

Now a days beta & live makes no difference (a trend has started to keep the server up in beta for long time).

Wondering yours wont take 2 - 3 months :)

Last edited:

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yeah - any news for beta & quick question, like other server running ATM, your beta will also last 2 - 3 months ?

Also please clear that every one will get a fresh start.

Now a days beta & live makes no difference (a trend has started to keep the server up in beta for long time).

Wondering yours wont take 2 - 3 months :)

Beta will only last for a week or so, just looking to see if the speed of levelling and such is correct, and yes the server will be wiped and everyone will start fresh once the server goes live.

Reactions: checkra1n

Flatline

Dickhead ;)
Loyal Member
Jun 9, 2018
Leeds
yeah seems exiting will try give it a go see if i like it or not as i only like a few mir3's

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Hi guys, Hopefully going to be getting the beta out today, i've also created a discord to ease to communication and get faster feedback. Feel welcome to join tonight and see whats going on, not going to be having a massive beta, just the first few zones will be available to gauge the speed and see how things feel.

Reactions: checkra1n

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Main server advertisement - Here

Hi guys, Apologises if this is posted in the wrong section but I wasn't sure where it should go, We're now ready to move into a beta testing phase for the server, this will not last longer than 11 days. A discord server has also been created to ease communication between players and myself, please feel free to join and post any feedback there, or here.

Discord Link

I will keep updating this / and the advertisement with all the changes and new stuff that has been added. Beta will begin at 6:30 PM June 16th and is expected to last until the 25th, after which the server aims to fully release and go live on the 27th of june, around 6:30 PM.

The server will fully be wiped for full release, also the beta has been limited in the content that is available, zones have been locked so they are not going to be available to players until the full release.

Thank you to anyone who gives it a go, hope to see you ingame!

Download Link

Status
Not open for further replies.