Release Mir 2/Crystal running on Windows 11

smoochy boys on tour

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I can confirm from my own testing today on the first official pre release build of Windows 11 that Mir 2 does run on Windows 11 without the need of downloading any software or drivers at all. This includes the server.exe itself (In my testing I used crystal)

Windows 11 will be free for all users. It's a simple update instead of a whole new install of windows being burned onto a drive.
It's currently in Developer Beta (Pre release) and can be obtained by joining Microsoft's Insider Program

1624916829591.png

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Wait... You say "Without needing to download any software or drivers"

Is this a clean install of Windows 11, with Mir then ran, or is this a "ugrade" to Windows 11?

My reason for asking, if it's an upgrade from a machine previously used for Crystal, then the PC will already have the necessary software installed (DirectX, SDK etc etc). So people may still need to install all these pre-req's in order to get passed the black screen issues.

If a clean install of Windows 11 without the above needed, that's decent and good to know!

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
I think the newer windows versions come with slimdx already installed etc, don't they? I don't remember having to install anything for the latest crystal files last time I installed windows.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I think the newer windows versions come with slimdx already installed etc, don't they? I don't remember having to install anything for the latest crystal files last time I installed windows.

That's because the SlimDx files are provided with the crystal client themselves.

Only dependencies you need for crystal is .NET framework and DirectX. You don't even need the SDK anymore as it no longer uses the old ManagedDX libraries.

Reactions: Seanofsmeg