Mir Odyssey - Show yourself!

LightBringer

Mir2 Server Under Development!
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 13, 2014
But in all honesty, we have an open beta date in mind and it isn't far away.

We were literally ahead of schedule when we started pushing out the banner n such.
However, then we completely re-did the entire games UI / land setup so that added a lot extra work on, but overall will pay off!

We are doing monster AIs and such now, along with small things like re-testing the Main Questline (as we moved half of the NPCs) and other tests.
--- Yes I know this would be found in beta, but we are aware of issues we want 'em sorted before then!

I am still also figuring out some form of bounty board for bugs, just to get people into the spirit of trying to break our server!

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Loyal Member
Dec 15, 2016
We are doing monster AIs and such now

Is this to do with the monster level system? was argueably the highlight of Marble server, will get pumped from more subs/bosses in the way of 'lvl 7 mobs' and "oh **** it gonna take the whole squad to tame this lvl 7 <insert boss>".

Wind Minotaur <lvl 7> = Gotta go fast!
Wiz & Tao's = stern concentration -.-

lvl 7 Evil Scorpion gave me a sick added Gold Bracelet, I really like older items having a very rare chance of potential
The best wiz helm on official server in 2000 was....an iron helm with clean mc0-5 found by some noob in oma cave, what a gem! xD The odds must of been twice that of winning the ******* lottery lol!

It's a nice thought how the economy can swing from all level ranges instead of the highest levels are always guarenteed to earn more.

Last edited:

Cleopatra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2004
ThePrimordialsRise was the most interesting server since Chronicles imo so I'll be giving this a shot! Hopefully the live changes can be toned down a bit this time, it was painful to pay real life money for a decent kit only to have it nerfed and made useless a few days later.

Reactions: StormHero

LightBringer

Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 13, 2014
ThePrimordialsRise was the most interesting server since Chronicles imo so I'll be giving this a shot! Hopefully the live changes can be toned down a bit this time, it was painful to pay real life money for a decent kit only to have it nerfed and made useless a few days later.

Yeah Learned a lot from the first server, will be trying to do balance cycles rather than knee jerk changes (unless you know, fireball is one shotting people!)

but unless its a high impact balance change, it'll be done over time, properly tested post change etc.

Swampduck

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 13, 2014
Yeah how are applications for closed assessed. Would love to test it out and I'm on a lot

Slayer1985

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2014
there isnt actually a closed beta they just need another 1-2 weeks before an open beta to launch, duh.

yes i was born a **** i did not become one.

• Haha
Reactions: StormHero

Moderat

LOMCN Rookie
Oct 14, 2018
Клиент wru?
Взаимодействие с другими людьми
Post automatically merged:

wru CLient ???

Alecs

SPQR
Staff member
Super Moderator
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Клиент wru?
Взаимодействие с другими людьми
Post automatically merged:

wru CLient ???

Please post in English or your messages will be deleted.

LightBringer

Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 13, 2014
We are using closed beta for a more "User experience feedback"

The initial "login experience".
Their feedback on interfaces, etc
What they think of the new layout.
Initial feedback on new systems

Closed Beta isn't hosted on the dedi, either (Open will be).

The theory is, most people are either kept into the game or give up within a short space of time, and its about captivating your players attention to keep them playing (if launch weekend sat really well with you, you would want to keep playing)
- if it just felt shite, why would you come back after the launch hype?

We've added a lot of competitiveness into the game with a lot of rankings (Collector Points, Achievement Points, Player level, damage, kills, player kills etc)
> all of these can be seen in game so you don't need to be the strongest to be the top dog somewhere!

As for closed beta choices, I have picked various people based off experience and feedback they have given, I have a couple people who gave me a ton of feedback on the story quest line in TPR, so asked for them to come back so they can have some insight into this line and give me the similar style feedback they previously gave.
I will DM a few more people the Patcher / Discord link when I send it out to other people today!

Open Beta is the fun beta, everyone who signed up on the website will be issued this link, where over time NPCs get added to level you up to certain points to test out areas, try break our server etc.
There will be PvP tournaments and so forth to test various 'stages' of game progression.

Hope this has answered some peoples questions (or just made things more confusing)

Reactions: deano13

Tai

NOTORIOUS
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I will DM a few more people the Patcher / Discord link when I send it out to other people today!
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN