Mir2 Annihilation - Opening Friday 23rd 8PM UK time.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

To be honest, yeah it’s not flawless and I don’t really care I’venever done it before I can tweak and change things as I go, I have a full timejob and family so don’t have hours and days to keep going through things, I'vegiven it a shot and some people seem to like it and that’s all that reallymatters.

when things come up I can change alter them when required, it’snot a game people are having to pay for so I’m sure they be understanding etc.and most game that are released today that cost an arm and leg are normallybuggy and glitchy as hell.

I upped the drop/exp loads and gave everyone 2boss pets as alaugh so they could just go through and see it before I wipe and reseteverything. I handed out exp 30/50%'s and gold as well so people could just getthe teleports to caves /Kr

The idea on cheques is they drop 200 1k 2.5k it’s up to theplayer if he wants to pick them up for the extra cash compare to another playerbut they will add up quickly and as everything in game requires gold it wouldgive him a bigger advantage

I hate servers where you have to run to all the caves etc, soI made sure you don't on this one but it’s not cheap, to use the KR teleportwill cost.

---------- Post Merged at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:40 AM ----------

and actually i wasnt even meant to be up, as i was going through all the smaller stuff, but alot of people asked me to keep it up un till the Friday.

You just lost so many player by posting this... Such a **** attitude if you don't care don't ****ing bother making a server.. Chalace just gave you some of the best feedback i've seen in a long while for you to reply with that. Pure idiot

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
Bit gutted tbh was really looking forward for a Mir 2 server again but it seems like this won't be the one

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

To be honest, yeah it’s not flawless and I don’t really care I’venever done it before I can tweak and change things as I go, I have a full timejob and family so don’t have hours and days to keep going through things, I'vegiven it a shot and some people seem to like it and that’s all that reallymatters.

when things come up I can change alter them when required, it’snot a game people are having to pay for so I’m sure they be understanding etc.and most game that are released today that cost an arm and leg are normallybuggy and glitchy as hell.

I upped the drop/exp loads and gave everyone 2boss pets as alaugh so they could just go through and see it before I wipe and reseteverything. I handed out exp 30/50%'s and gold as well so people could just getthe teleports to caves /Kr

The idea on cheques is they drop 200 1k 2.5k it’s up to theplayer if he wants to pick them up for the extra cash compare to another playerbut they will add up quickly and as everything in game requires gold it wouldgive him a bigger advantage

I hate servers where you have to run to all the caves etc, soI made sure you don't on this one but it’s not cheap, to use the KR teleportwill cost.

---------- Post Merged at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:40 AM ----------

and actually i wasnt even meant to be up, as i was going through all the smaller stuff, but alot of people asked me to keep it up un till the Friday.

I wasn't being mean for the sake of it. I could have been significantly more vicious if that was my intent.
You may well have a job and family, but thats not really an excuse for rushing out half-done work.

If you want to retain any form of playerbase for more than 1 day, you need to change these things. The simple fact that i could get through the majority of the content in (6?) hours shows that it would not last a week. Even without those pets (which i purposely did not use in the begining) a single leveling session would get me 40+, on a wizz significantly more (As you have caves with hundreds of mobs but no ranged). Note i used no Exp buffs at all during my time, even tho i had them drop.

I also retained 25m~ 'ish gold without even selling anything. Teleporting to a KR then killing a few mobs gave back to the gold (BDD mobs dropping 50k~)

You vastly underestimate the effects some changes have on the playerbase. But the choice is ulitmetely yours. The feedback i gave was in the best interest of both you and the players.

We dont expect to see flawless, but there are some gaping holes here, by which we have seen enough 'overnight' servers to understand what will happen if you release it in this state.

I'm sure you would like to see people play and enjoy what you created, in which case, spend more time on it.

Last edited:

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009
To be honest if you had just posted you were bringing up a Beta server for testing and playing people would of played it and you would of got loads of feedback to create an awesome server and your reasoning behind it being released as such would of been sound because people would of known what they were playing it for.

Releasing a server in a state as described people wont want to invest time into it for very long as it's user count will be non-existent and the server will most likely close relatively quickly.

As others have already said that feedback was being helpful as they saw some potential in your work, but wanted you to take your time so that when they play and invest their time they know it wont be going down within a month.

bayside12

LOMCN Member
Feb 5, 2018
Yes mate will be :)

---------- Post Merged at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Online now.

tibz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2014
[h=2]Mir2 Annihilation - Opening Friday 23rd 8PM UK time.[/h][h=2]Maybe 2019?[/h]

bayside12

LOMCN Member
Feb 5, 2018
my wireless card has litt just died! and it wont let me open the ports via Ethernet cable ><

---------- Post Merged at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:53 PM ----------

jsut brought new wifi adapter should be on now.

Dragonsluck

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 9, 2017
Someone's lost there marbles. U really think Lucifer is having problems connecting?

bayside12

LOMCN Member
Feb 5, 2018
the ip should auto patch like everyone else's client has?

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Status
Not open for further replies.