Mir2 private servers are in the worst state since Euro went down....

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
That is what I don't get. Upcoming section, 1 Avoid is Remedi, 1 is a server proven to have backdoors coded in...what possible reason could you have to keep them posted?

We slap an avoid tag on servers we think are using dodgy files. Would you like us to get the server owners to email us the source code and we can spend hours combing through their source to find back doors ?

Avoid tag is pretty much us saying DO NOT PLAY. We advise every member to use different log in details and I would go as far to even suggest a vpn when playing those servers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Very convenient that

I already told you I wasn't going to tell you who, even if i had them, I don't care for it, or wasting time proving they exist.
Post automatically merged:

We slap an avoid tag on servers we think are using dodgy files. Would you like us to get the server owners to email us the source code and we can spend hours combing through their source to find back doors ?

Avoid tag is pretty much us saying DO NOT PLAY. We advise every member to use different log in details and I would go as far to even suggest a vpn when playing those servers.

I don't mind on servers you can't prove otherwise, I agree with you on those ones.

But you have 2 currently, that you know, the only reason they exist is to fleece people. 1 is Remedi's, 1 is a hacking attempt.

Your own words:
"Owner has confirmed they are using code KNOWN to have backdoors"

The poster is clearly not competent enough to get rid of them either, otherwise he wouldn't be using the files and would be capable of making his own, plenty of red flags to just get rid of it, and everyone would thank you for it.

Remedi one needs no explanation.

Last edited:

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I know your stance, and it's fine, it was already explained which is why I don't really approach it anymore...what baffles me is why when an obvious Remedi server pops up, why not just delete it? You know what it is, you don't even take more than 5 seconds to identify them, and you know it's bad for the community, and even banned the owner from advertising...yet you still allow the advertisement as long as it's through a 3rd party? Some loop hole in an imaginary LOMCN contract of something?

That is what I don't get. Upcoming section, 1 Avoid is Remedi, 1 is a server proven to have backdoors coded in...what possible reason could you have to keep them posted?
That's what we did. We deleted them. People played anyway then came back crying because they were scammed. That's the reason we let them have them posted on the upcoming forum with an avoid tag.

You're a pain in the ass that brings nothing to LOMCN except bullshit.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Your own words:
"Owner has confirmed they are using code KNOWN to have backdoors"

They confirmed they were using Eden Elite files, but without us going through the code how are we meant to know if the server owner has removed them or even added more ?

I feel you’ve missed my point.

Avoid = AVOID
Untrusted member = Probably shouldn’t trust them with you log in details or ip addresses.

But users play at their own risk.
We can only advise members to be careful which we do.

Edit:

In fact they’re are a few servers that have used Eden files and have never had complaints.
I in fact have two copies of the Eden source code. One with the back door which I use to help me find other back doors in other sources and and clean Eden source code without any backdoor.

We can’t just out right van the use of a set of files. Files are shared, files are modified. It would take me 20 minutes to add a backdoor to Fars crystal release. Do we then ban the use of all crystal ?

Either way, we can’t win and someone will always moan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
He was 1 of them, yes :D I hadn't realised he got slapped and demoted...but he was outed AGES ago, and it got ignored haha...I doubt that specifically was what got him, it was probably something more recent. 3 strike policy or something? :D
Post automatically merged:

Ha, it's not possible.

Everyone gets suspicious of friends or people who help creators more closely, it's natural. But I don't go by suspicions. I know who the corrupt and the whales are, because i've dealt with and against them in the past first hand, and know it's true.

I don't care for rumours.
It didn't get ignored, i remember it clearly asoon as the thread was created with screenshots of him offering to sell items to a player which were not displayed in the GameShop, he was de-modded straight away right? I know the untrusted is new and should of been done then but he got taken off mod straight away.

Reactions: Jev

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
It didn't get ignored, i remember it clearly asoon as the thread was created with screenshots of him offering to sell items to a player which were not displayed in the GameShop, he was de-modded straight away right? I know the untrusted is new and should of been done then but he got taken off mod straight away.
Pretty sure the untrusted title was because he released other people's server files without permission for like the 3rd time

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Pretty sure the untrusted title was because he released other people's server files without permission for like the 3rd time

Oh Dear xD I've been away awhile but this does not surprise me.

Reactions: Jev

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
That's what we did. We deleted them. People played anyway then came back crying because they were scammed. That's the reason we let them have them posted on the upcoming forum with an avoid tag.

You're a pain in the ass that brings nothing to LOMCN except bullshit.

We must have different interpretations of what "Delete" means, because I can still see it lol.

Your inactivity brings more destruction to this forum than me pointing it out.

You obviously can't take the criticism, so I won't give you extra on the subject, but you should be worried that you now have threads about the state of the servers, and it wasn't even by me! ;)

Last edited:

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
We must have different interpretations of what "Delete" means, because I can still see it lol.

Your inactivity brings more destruction to this forum than me pointing it out.

You obviously can't take the criticism, so I won't give you extra on the subject, but you should be worried that you now have threads about the state of the servers, and it wasn't even by me! ;)

No, we don't have a different interpretation of what delete means. Delete means delete. The threads you can see are the ones that we decided to leave with an avoid tag after seeing that deleting them didn't really help.

You can check all the threads where we talk about that. Some people agree, some don't, we can't keep everyone happy but at least we can let everybody know which servers and server owners are not trustworthy.

Must be difficult for you to try to look smart and fail at it every day.

LightAngels

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2015
Personally I would have loved to see someone properly re-create Mir 2 USA Server and all of its content, must've been the most balanced server I've seen in terms of drops and not getting 1 shot in PvP :P

Reactions: Pusha