Votes: 33 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Hello. Been speaking on ZentaurX Discord with a couple of players and we stumbled across this dilema :

Body drops ON or NOT? Please argument why.

My suggestions :

1. Allow Body Drops ON with rebuild rare chance to drop based on item's Grade (the higher the grade is - the higher the rate can be to drop)
  2. Create a potion to turn off the Body Drops by decreasing 30% GOLD and DROP
  3. Use Zircon's method of PotionOfGreed but with different rates as its gonna be a low rate.
Notice : I DO NOT WANT BODY DROPS AT WARS(CASTLE)

Last edited:

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Mir is not Mir without the body drop. It just needs to be balanced so you won't spend a month to get an item and drop it the first time you die.

Reactions: Xythas and zedina

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I m opened to suggestions. If however community doesn't chose and provide an fair and good example. I might chose myself one of the 3 suggestions i posted on topic :P

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Mir is not Mir without the body drop. It just needs to be balanced so you won't spend a month to get an item and drop it the first time you die.

It’s rng... just don’t die :P u got plenty time to tt unless you get jumped or 1 shot lol,

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Really don't mind personally lol.

But have voted "No" in the interest of better fights. People don't fight when you're capable of dropping your best gear. People also only attend Wall fights in trash etc.

I know this to be true, as i am one of those people :) If i'm hunting solo, I simply opt to RT (Unless i'm in a group)...I play a lot safer, Zircon I had some amazing battles and happily returned for revenge, boss fights etc....Wouldn't do it with body drops.

But ultimately won't make or break my experience like it might for others, I just like decent fights.

Reactions: Spartacus

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
no need for potions or special rules or any of that bollocks

its mir , dont wanna lose your kit dont die

Reactions: Exsodius

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Everyone I know hated no death drops on official wemade GSP.. and this only stayed like this due to a bug in their body drop where you would drop the entirety of your bag and multiple items from body which they could not fix.

It has been made a carebear feature since then; people have come acustom to it. My personal opinion is to have death drops ON - if there are no death drops there is no risk vs reward and PVP becomes stale.

Reactions: Exsodius

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
You will never get an agreed outcome for this.

• People that actually play for PvP generally don't care. If anything, people fight more when they aren't gonna lose half their kit so more fights will happen.
  • People that generally don't like fighting, or are just terrible at it won't mind having a go so more fights happen.

there is no risk vs reward and PVP becomes stale.
This seems to be the go-to argument for drops. However, the reward is whatever you were fighting over, surely? Be it the leveling spot, boss etc.

Personally, this inherent need to take other peoples items that they worked hard for, in order to have fun(?) never appealed to me.
The most enjoyable times on this game have been in PvP events with no drops, LMS, GvG, SW etc.

Reactions: zedina

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
So far, great feedback! Keep it going!

Atm im sliding for option " body drops ON, with a potion to turn it OFF for a negative % buff "

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
You will never get an agreed outcome for this.

• People that actually play for PvP generally don't care. If anything, people fight more when they aren't gonna lose half their kit so more fights will happen.
  • People that generally don't like fighting, or are just terrible at it won't mind having a go so more fights happen.
This seems to be the go-to argument for drops. However, the reward is whatever you were fighting over, surely? Be it the leveling spot, boss etc.

Personally, this inherent need to take other peoples items that they worked hard for, in order to have fun(?) never appealed to me.
The most enjoyable times on this game have been in PvP events with no drops, LMS, GvG, SW etc.

Mir is all about ego and bragging rights. Nothing beats a trophy item more than all else.

Yes walls are a part of bragging rights but it's not the same. If you lose your item to x person you either want to quit and sulk or get revenge. If your server is good enough people will always return with or without loss. Just make it so you can't body drop multiple items in one go. The only sore point left is weapons - this is the biggest graft and most valuable item in the game.

Yes there's never going to be an agreed outcome - as i've said already people have come acustom to it and like the carebear mode. May aswell flip a coin.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Mir is all about ego and bragging rights. Nothing beats a trophy item more than all else.

Yes walls are a part of bragging rights but it's not the same. If you lose your item to x person you either want to quit and sulk or get revenge. If your server is good enough people will always return with or without loss. Just make it so you can't body drop multiple items in one go. The only sore point left is weapons - this is the biggest graft and most valuable item in the game.

Yes there's never going to be an agreed outcome - as i've said already people have come acustom to it and like the carebear mode. May aswell flip a coin.

My opinion with body drops, - if they are ON, players would turn more into Wall Wars,

Example : you got pked by a guy and his guild, you dislike him, you joining a different guild, and whats the best way to annoy some one beside the trash talk?

- Go to Sabuk War, focus him and kill it?

This is from what ive saw on my previous server, players focused more on Wall Wars when Body drops were on.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
PvP drops are good aslong as PvP is balanced.
Nothing worse than being 1 shot by something you cannot counter/avoid.
Also higher levels farming lower levels can be a quick way to kill a server as new players stop playing.

PvP body drops at castle wars is a no for me. Would just turn up in shop kit. It's a fight for the castle not for people's kits
Post automatically merged:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
PvP body drops at castle wars is a no for me. Would just turn up in shop kit. It's a fight for the castle not for people's kits

I dont have intentions by allowing body/bag/companion drops on Wars(castle).

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Can you add some sort of level factor? if someone does get killed by someone higher level, then at least they'd have no loss of anything, maybe even bag drops too

KingHades

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 2, 2005
Some good points here, I’m a fan of pk but only if server and classes are balanced. Personally I don’t like auto pot think it ruins the pvp system. Being yellow or red should be more punishing on death. On Korean the padlock isn’t used so you don’t mistakenly throw away items. It’s purchased through the general store and is used to protect item from drop, both pvp and mobs. Think it was 500k or a mill for 12hours and needed to be applied to each item you wanted to protect. This wouldn’t work on zircon as the economy was ****ed, on Korean cash was very hard to obtain. The only places that dropped sufficient cash was numa hill. No cash from subs or bosses, something like this would cause uproar over here. On zircon you could easily make 6b a day

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
yes i do agree with the following stated before.

class balance is a require in order to implement the body drops in game

Spartacus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2016
colchester
if you going to do a potion with -% benefits for body drop off , make sure they work just in safe zone to not be used when fights start.

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Mir is all about ego and bragging rights.
While I appreciate that some people play with this mindset, it is most certainly not the same for everyone.
Hence my main point, people will never agree.

Nothing beats a trophy item more than all els.
Sure, killing the server bellends is always fun, but you don't need body drops for that.

If it is as you say, all about bragging rights & ego, there are far better ways to accomplish this.
  • Kill feed, does wonder for the ego-centered.
  • Trophy? Rust did it best from games I played, you literally get the persons skull to display in your base. It's brilliant.
I'm sure there are many more examples but you get the idea.

Reactions: Xythas

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
There was a server where all player kills/who killed them got globalled, was great

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
There was a server where all player kills/who killed them got globalled, was great

Best i can do is map shout (all floors). If i add that on global shout, it will be spam :(
Post automatically merged:

bumpy bump

Last edited: