• No

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
I remember in my times when i played mir, i have 3 equip kits, the Hunt equipment, the Best equipment (normally equiped in safe zone for show XD) and pvp equip :)

i love body drops, balanced obviously, and protected on noob ppl from big pkrs up to lvl 25 except if u hit first :D

i suggest to put body drop on, if the killed person is much levels lower than the killer and the killer has started the kill, made the killed char less body drop %. Thats Fair. ;)

Reactions: zedina

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
No body drops = no QQ.
More body drops the better.

....Must attack the whales 🤟

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
You will simply go round in circles with this question lol.

My view is with drops off, the "fights" are better. I don't see the ability to drop items contributing to improving the "fight" at all....the fight itself is down to the people you're fighting, not the items they are wearing. The reward of the fighting however, is what changes because you might walk away with a shiney, assuming they don't RT away.

Others view is with drops on, the "fights" apparently become better because of the drop chance. But this could then be argued, a lot of players simply don't turn up to fights with their decent gear, or when leveling/or in decent gear at the time would just opt out of the fight and RT. Then the argument would be, is it really improving your fighting? Or is it creating more situations when fighting doesn't occur because they are in their good gear?

One could even argue that this makes taking mobs/bosses easier because they know people will prefer to teleport away. So then, who really has it in easy mode? :P The ones who want the drops to induce fear to easier mob/boss stealing, or the one who don't want the drops to entice the players they want to fight, to actually fight.

Either way, as has already been said, you aren't going to get a good answer lol. You should have a 3rd option of "Zed's decision" and make sure you stick to it. If you feel drops improves the fighting that goes on, then keep them on, you aren't going to get a reliable answer lol. Fighting will happen regardless, the type of fighting, the players you fight and how much fighting occurs is what will be effected.

Reactions: zedina

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Just do both, have some zones with drops on and some without, so the player can choose to go to these 'high risk' zones as and when they choose. Quite a few games/servers do this as it is a nice balance.

That's s close as you will ever get to some kind of equilibrium.

aivar79

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2012
For me personally, I love playing mir but i normally give up playing once i get attacked over and over for items. I like the pve aspect of the game and would like to have an option to enable equipment protection, either by a temporary potion or vip.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Personally I don't think there needs to be any catering for PvE players. Mir isn't about PvE (least challenging AI going), it never was. I think most can agree that games are too soft nowadays, bring back the niche grind/PvP players. It's what the Mir community used to be about....

As long as % drop rates scale with item rarity then it shouldn't be an issue. If there is a chance of a drop then that's enough, it doesn't need to be 100%!

PvE body drop rates should be higher than PvP. Nothing worse than no risk PvE......................

Reactions: TheDayIDie

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Personally I don't think there needs to be any catering for PvE players. Mir isn't about PvE (least challenging AI going), it never was. I think most can agree that games are too soft nowadays, bring back the niche grind/PvP players. It's what the Mir community used to be about....

As long as % drop rates scale with item rarity then it shouldn't be an issue. If there is a chance of a drop then that's enough, it doesn't need to be 100%!

PvE body drop rates should be higher than PvP. Nothing worse than no risk PvE......................
Res spam for the win!

Kaal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 19, 2008
If there's no risk to dieing the fight isn't better because it's easy to just die repeatedly. Making it costly to die is obviously better because yes people rt but then they are giving up ground and if they don't and what to stick around there's the chance they die and lose kit. Fights are better when there is risk and something lose and gain, it forces groups to be more coordinated and your decision making matters. If no drops you can just keep dyeing and rting back to harass a grp with no risk of losing anything.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Thank you all for the great feedback, i splitted your feedback by Pro and Con.

My decission will be to allow body drops, scalling on different sets( PVE, PVP - Brown/RED)

Will give more info once i start to code it and test.

Kind regards.