[Other] Mir3 Mobile and Xbox 360

Join Discord

rndpro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 30, 2010
Hi all,

For years I have been able to program but recently I have learned that I can port onto Windows Mobile devices (XNA) and Xbox 360 as an XNA app and have thought of possibly making a Legend of Mir 3 client for these systems. It wouldn't be an exact port of the existing clients we use but instead it would have to be a remake of the client. I'm unsure if anyone else has thought of doing this but I have scrapped up a very simple few images just to show that I can do it, even uploaded the Windows port of it for you to check.

Porting Mir to a mobile device would be easy but for file size reasons it would be a bit too much so maybe only be able to connect to Bichon for file size reasons.

What would you think of this idea? Bad or worth it?

Click below to download the very quick PC version of my slapped up Mir3 client. You can just move the char on an empty map. It only has an attack when facing up and you can only add a user image to the bottom left by pressing Z or pressing the Char equipment button for now so dont expect anything special right now.

http://www.rndpro.com/rndsoftware/MirDemo.zip
- PC version

http://www.rndpro.com/rndsoftware/MIRANDROID.apk - This is the download for the Android APK installer. If you do not know how to install android APK files please search the internet. Thanks =)

XNAScreenshot.jpg

Last edited:

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
thats pretty cool dude.... like you said tho the file sizes will be redic!

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Would it be possible too have a client size like the normal mir client, that reads neccessary .wil files when called apon from a website hosting them. If that was possible too code then maybe it would be more viable?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Would it be possible too have a client size like the normal mir client, that reads neccessary .wil files when called apon from a website hosting them. If that was possible too code then maybe it would be more viable?

That's kinda how Shanda's lite client works. It download images as it needs them from a central server so the install is basically just Exe, Maps and Sound

rndpro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 30, 2010

That's a good idea actually... I could do that and for speed include Bichon onto the client with the basic sound effects etc. Another thing is with Mobile apps you are limited to certain amount of buttons that you can press as the controls like the PC version but CTRL, F1 F2 F3 and F4 max but you can also add combo's like touch, pinch, directions and so on.

Last edited:

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Similar to what i was aiming for using HTML5 ... mind, i'm using SDO images and not sure of usage on Xbox. I started by exporting all the images and batch converting to PNG (transparent).

http://www.stay-linked.co.uk/HTML5/ver01

Anyways good luck on your project mate :)

rndpro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 30, 2010
Similar to what i was aiming for using HTML5 ... mind, i'm using SDO images and not sure of usage on Xbox. I started by exporting all the images and batch converting to PNG (transparent).

http://www.stay-linked.co.uk/HTML5/ver01

Anyways good luck on your project mate :)
Cool thanks. With the coding I am doing I am able to port over to many languages such as HTML5, Flash, Java, Mobile apps etc. Sounds interesting but could take a little time to do. If anyone would like to help out by all means be my guest and drop me a PM.

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
Hi all,

For years I have been able to program but recently I have learned that I can port onto Windows Mobile devices (XNA) and Xbox 360 as an XNA app and have thought of possibly making a Legend of Mir 3 client for these systems. It wouldn't be an exact port of the existing clients we use but instead it would have to be a remake of the client. I'm unsure if anyone else has thought of doing this but I have scrapped up a very simple few images just to show that I can do it, even uploaded the Windows port of it for you to check.

Porting Mir to a mobile device would be easy but for file size reasons it would be a bit too much so maybe only be able to connect to Bichon for file size reasons.

What would you think of this idea? Bad or worth it?

Click below to download the very quick PC version of my slapped up Mir3 client. You can just move the char on an empty map. It only has an attack when facing up and you can only add a user image to the bottom left by pressing Z or pressing the Char equipment button for now so dont expect anything special right now.

http://www.rndpro.com/rndsoftware/MirDemo.zip

View attachment 12642

Is this a server Advert. People not coming back to be ripped off by you.. 2 weeks then a wipe. PS stay away from the computer! And if not souldnt it be in Releases?

rndpro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 30, 2010
Is this a server Advert. People not coming back to be ripped off by you.. 2 weeks then a wipe. PS stay away from the computer! And if not souldnt it be in Releases?
Hi Spartekas,

No this isn't an advert as this is the Mir3 chat section in general. As you see above this relates to a project I would like to have open for use by anyone and their own server with Mobile devices or even Xbox and it will also be free. Even if I wanted to charge I wouldn't be able to due to copyrights. Also I do not host an RNDpro mir3 server, only a different name and I am using the website for software purposes.

wbrian

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2007
Sorry but whats the point of making it when we dont have updated client/server even for PC?

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
牛逼!!!!!!!!!~
English forum, please use the main forum language.

Looks good Rage, nice to see mir 3 being extended to a wider range to get more / old players into the game to bring it back to life but I'm not sure i would enjoy playing it on other consoles. Always been a PC game for me ^^

rndpro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 30, 2010
English forum, please use the main forum language.

Looks good Rage, nice to see mir 3 being extended to a wider range to get more / old players into the game to bring it back to life but I'm not sure i would enjoy playing it on other consoles. Always been a PC game for me ^^
Maybe you have a point. I first thought of the idea of just having access to Bichon to chat, use the odd ability here or there or just check for updates etc. Also good for myself as a GM lol.

牛逼!!!!!!!!!~
Lol I don't understand what makes you shout Niubi but at least say it in English if your really trying to be clever... This is just an idea so far. Anyway, have you got any projects to show me?

Sorry but whats the point of making it when we dont have updated client/server even for PC?
Whats the point in making it is always a good question lol. My main thought of it is not to be any different in regards to updates but only the same. I just hate it when I am at work as a GM I cannot log onto the game just to update, activate an NPC command etc. Maybe you can see where I'm going. To complete a fully working demonstration I will just allow access to the GM map for my own purposes and see if this works well or not.

wbrian

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2007
Whats the point in making it is always a good question lol. My main thought of it is not to be any different in regards to updates but only the same. I just hate it when I am at work as a GM I cannot log onto the game just to update, activate an NPC command etc. Maybe you can see where I'm going. To complete a fully working demonstration I will just allow access to the GM map for my own purposes and see if this works well or not.

Yeh its nice to check whats going on not just from PC. But first u need server + client for PC - or maybe u can make client for current files??:P
And one more thing - .NET Reflector
GL anyway;>

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
http://www.rndpro.com/ yes you have space to designate, no same server different name, and James you have been advertising on your social network Orion500. Sorry if your not James. Servers are also discussed in chat. Unfortunately Mir2 gets locked, and have discussion boards, and proper moderation:-:)@@:@@

Thats enuf from me, but will watch as this evolves:PP

Last edited:

rndpro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 30, 2010
Hi all,

I had almost forgot about this but now that I can port onto Android, iPhone, Windows Mobile and XBOX. Here is a test port of this working on an Android mobile or tablet. This is old but if people think it would be worth making an online or offline game with a story let me know and I would use a very good RPG engine which I have made for another project. My only issue is time. Let me know what you think.

http://www.rndpro.com/rndsoftware/MIRANDROID.apk - This is the download for the Android APK installer. If you do not know how to install android APK files please search the internet. Thanks =)

Last edited:

rndpro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 30, 2010
Yeah I can make a game online and also require login etc just like how mir3 works. The only problem I have is I would have to re-design all the levels in order to work with my game engine lol. Maybe just try to create Bichon as close as possible to test it out. Even if anyone likes the idea of a one player story based game I could also try this one day too.