Mir3 private servers are in the worst state since Global went down....

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
Seen this on mir 2 section and i feel mir 3 gets no love.

3 servers to choose from
Zentaur - small player base
Olymp - small player base
Bens server - the movement is like pokemon yellow on game boy.

Xmas time is for new servers to come out what is going on!

I need my fix who wants my money
Make It Rain Reaction GIF

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
im still here.....
i used to code mir 24/7
until i got wrongfully banned from lomcn in 2014
been thinking about starting up again

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
4 years ago for DoSing apparntly but I don't think the account is currently banned by looking at it.

No black line through it. 41 warning points only option to ban not unban.

Try logging into it dumachi and let us know. (Will ban this account to keep one account per user after your original is recovered just fyi)

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
4 years ago for DoSing apparntly but I don't think the account is currently banned by looking at it.

No black line through it. 41 warning points only option to ban not unban.

Try logging into it dumachi and let us know. (Will ban this account to keep one account per user after your original is recovered just fyi)
yeah no problem.
it was way longer than 4 years ago as i remember maybe 2008
ive tryed logging into the account but i dont have the pass anymore or any of the information.
i dont mind staying on this account.
thinking to setup a 3.55 server
does anybody know any good dedicated server hosts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
yeah no problem.
it was way longer than 4 years ago as i remember maybe 2008
ive tryed logging into the account but i dont have the pass anymore or any of the information.
i dont mind staying on this account.
thinking to setup a 3.55 server
does anybody know any good dedicated server hosts?
Think you be better off working on zircon files, the 3.55 is hard to use with win 10.

@Far i dont know if you know about about mir 3 as i see you do alot fo mir 2 but with all the most helpful rewards under your name.

get your finger out and help mir3 :P

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I've always liked mir3 more than mir2 really, but the community for it is just too small, and the updates that wemade give it are much fewer than what mir2 gets, so it makes it less interesting to play with new things.

Plus i've invested too much time in crystal that moving on to zircon would be such a step back in my eyes.

I've lost track of how many times i've tried converting crystal to mir3 then abandoned it :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Alecs and Fusion

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
Think you be better off working on zircon files, the 3.55 is hard to use with win 10.

to be honest 3.55 is best for a fun server and its easy to get it going its just crueldrag thats the bugger.
ive been working on it today gonna take a while but ill get a gd one going

Helloyou

LOMCN Member
Aug 9, 2020
to be honest 3.55 is best for a fun server and its easy to get it going its just crueldrag thats the bugger.
ive been working on it today gonna take a while but ill get a gd one going
tbh you wont get a usercount using 3.55 doesnt it have really terrible frame rate /laggy for anyone on windows 10?

Reactions: ventus

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
tbh you wont get a usercount using 3.55 doesnt it have really terrible frame rate /laggy for anyone on windows 10?
have you tryed windows 7 emulator attached to the client ?
Also what about kings ? does that work with windows 10

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
I've lost track of how many times i've tried converting crystal to mir3 then abandoned it :ROFLMAO:
i think you should get back to it, converting crystal to mir 3 would be a massive changer, so many things would be really good haha crystal > mir3, i recon it would be a good change, and many more features would be good together whats in crystal and mir 3, we need something that would be wow to us haha

Reactions: ventus and Fusion

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
have you tryed windows 7 emulator attached to the client ?
Also what about kings ? does that work with windows 10
I have to agree, the state of both mir 3 and 2 servers atm is at its worst in years. I have been playing sea of eden for over a year now, had a good usercount and lost it. Kings or zircon are the go too files i would use duma, kings I leaned more towards because they were viable. but you have source code so possibilities are endless with zircon tbh. just need the right coder behind the machine, and person to script, which ofc, scripting is basic coding :p
The last good files we had were 0238 on kings i believe my old thread is still around, i have all the old databases and several old server clients. Like the old infinity client, "the first kings client" at least i think that was it.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
I have to agree, the state of both mir 3 and 2 servers atm is at its worst in years. I have been playing sea of eden for over a year now, had a good usercount and lost it. Kings or zircon are the go too files i would use duma, kings I leaned more towards because they were viable. but you have source code so possibilities are endless with zircon tbh. just need the right coder behind the machine, and person to script, which ofc, scripting is basic coding :p
The last good files we had were 0238 on kings i believe my old thread is still around, i have all the old databases and several old server clients. Like the old infinity client, "the first kings client" at least i think that was it.

You mean the 0238 king files I translated, removed cheats, then released due to pressure from people being salty? The reason there isn't many nice new things is the communities attitude towards people that spend their free time making nice things for free (At least back then).

Kings are here: https://www.lomcn.org/forum/threads/english-king-files.66143/ or https://www.lomcn.org/forum/threads/new-year-new-files.65063/

Then I released / pointed out official GSP server gates for people to mess around with and get working.

A lot of time in the Mir3 community it is take and make private rather than work together and create something awesome.. people want what no one else has got so playerbase isnt split, 'there can be only one' mentality..

EVEN IF new files were worked on, the same would happen with them new files. they would be taken, worked on privately and the additional work not released.

Last edited: