Mir3 private servers are in the worst state since Global went down....

Join Discord

Vaytrex

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 21, 2016
I have fix the gsp gates just atm I am fixing those english script bug while busying my real life work :p
Hopefully can roll out one server before Christmas? Hopefully.....................

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
I have fix the gsp gates just atm I am fixing those english script bug while busying my real life work :p
Hopefully can roll out one server before Christmas? Hopefully.....................

I mean, this kind of proves my point.. but nice one on the 'fixed' gates.

Reactions: Far and IceMan

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I mean, this kind of proves my point.. but nice one on the 'fixed' gates.

GSP was very good, it also had lots of features locked such as fishing which was pre last version before kor UI etc.

If you could make it work would be amazing for the specific targeted audience. cough @fmtf_ haha

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
The Mir community in general has always been quite grabby, take everything for yourselves and give nothing back. Probably because it's very small compared to other communities that the people who would share is just visibly much smaller.

Mir2 has it just the same, 99% take and 1% give back.

The problem with the mir3 community is that the 1% of sharers in the past have been easily discouraged from more sharing when they don't get a thanks in return or get little criticism. It's basically left now with everyone just waiting to grab any new release what comes up.

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
ive taken a look at the zircon files and im going to give it a go tomorrow. just dosent remind me of how mir used to be.
Post automatically merged:

I have to agree, the state of both mir 3 and 2 servers atm is at its worst in years. I have been playing sea of eden for over a year now, had a good usercount and lost it. Kings or zircon are the go too files i would use duma, kings I leaned more towards because they were viable. but you have source code so possibilities are endless with zircon tbh. just need the right coder behind the machine, and person to script, which ofc, scripting is basic coding :p
The last good files we had were 0238 on kings i believe my old thread is still around, i have all the old databases and several old server clients. Like the old infinity client, "the first kings client" at least i think that was it.
drop me a message and we can sort something out. i think i remember you

Last edited by a moderator:

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
You mean the 0238 king files I translated, removed cheats, then released due to pressure from people being salty? The reason there isn't many nice new things is the communities attitude towards people that spend their free time making nice things for free (At least back then).

Kings are here: https://www.lomcn.org/forum/threads/english-king-files.66143/ or https://www.lomcn.org/forum/threads/new-year-new-files.65063/

Then I released / pointed out official GSP server gates for people to mess around with and get working.

A lot of time in the Mir3 community it is take and make private rather than work together and create something awesome.. people want what no one else has got so playerbase isnt split, 'there can be only one' mentality..

EVEN IF new files were worked on, the same would happen with them new files. they would be taken, worked on privately and the additional work not released.
Yes AzurA the ones you did are the ones I was referring too. It’s not just the community, the whole worlds like that now bro!

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I've always liked mir3 more than mir2 really, but the community for it is just too small, and the updates that wemade give it are much fewer than what mir2 gets, so it makes it less interesting to play with new things.

Plus i've invested too much time in crystal that moving on to zircon would be such a step back in my eyes.

I've lost track of how many times i've tried converting crystal to mir3 then abandoned it :ROFLMAO:
Forget that idea, it sucks... Mir2 way forward :)

• Wow
Reactions: Fusion

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
It wouldn't work anyway. If people are claiming zircon "doesn't feel like Mir 3", imagine what they'd think about a set of files that wasn't completely designed around being Mir 3 from the beginning.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
It wouldn't work anyway. If people are claiming zircon "doesn't feel like Mir 3", imagine what they'd think about a set of files that wasn't completely designed around being Mir 3 from the beginning.
Comes down to the point you will never please everyone, This is one of the main problems with servers in general. Owners trying to fix, pleasing one side, but other side getting annoyed at changes, Tend to find changes only happen when certain people have stopped exploiting those issues. Happens on both platforms tho.

TheRealHavok

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 17, 2018
Yup.. tired of copy paste low effort money grabbing crap

Need another Zircon in my life

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Problem with Mir3 is theres just not a usercount there even if a banging server came out, Zircon died down extremely fast and everything else built off it also did. Same with the files before, also the people creating Mir3 content seems to be just kicked to the mud with disrespect compared to the Mir2 creators, i wouldn't bother releasing if i was them either.

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
lol. 3.55 stiill best version for a gameplay experience. if you dont understand why you shouldnt be coding mir

KingHades

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 2, 2005
Would be awesome if the coders of zircon and all the zircon clones actually put their heads together and made something close to official, properly tested before live. Between everyone on lomcn we probably have more than 1000 years worth of Mir experience. Longevity is a huge issue with zircon files, guaranteed drops, own drops need to be removed, cash shop exp boosts on items, no flinch, the way pots work just a few things that need fixing. The last gsp server that was out ran for years and had a stable population for a long time, until the gm went away and zircon was released.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
DjDarkBoyZ released fixed gates with 10 or 15 playercount limit, he was selling the uncapped gates few years ago.

Repo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 1, 2009
After trying most of the Mir 2 servers the last few years it just makes me want a proper Mir 3 server

Mir 3 was always the superior Mir.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Problem with Mir3 is theres just not a usercount there even if a banging server came out, Zircon died down extremely fast and everything else built off it also did. Same with the files before, also the people creating Mir3 content seems to be just kicked to the mud with disrespect compared to the Mir2 creators, i wouldn't bother releasing if i was them either.

Not exactly true. Zentaur has been online for more than 2 years .

• Love
Reactions: zedina