Mir4 worth playing?

smoochy boys on tour

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
Hi all,

Long time mir player here and noticed the app on the google store so I downloaded it last night and got to level 4 or something. It seems as though it is very heavy on the auto-play side of things but then I've read some posts that it apparently improves from 25+. It reminded me a bit of black desert mobile, which I eventually got bored of playing.

How is everyone finding it?

Is the gathering and crafting system pretty decent?

Are there any similarities from Mir2 that they carried over such as subs and bossing, and PKing (balanced and fun)?

My experience with games like these is that the 'whales' (p2w) players just end up dominating, so you can't really enjoy the game without having to throw cash at it.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Will try upload a few videos of the difficulty soon but a brief summary is:

lvl 1-30 is as u say easily auto mode if u gather, mine and kit up as u go efficiently completing all the area missions and can be afk

lvl 30-40 is semi auto there is still times you can be ok on auto if you go to an under levelled area but your now likely to be pked if your not watching and the story quests especially the bosses become difficult. And a lot of the key events bring u into a cut scene which is solo only then re join party once complete.

lvl 40+ is where half of us are at is hard and slow, boss raids are fun, guild hunts are too, there is defo p2w here but it’s like 10%. For a supposedly auto game I’ve spent so much time on it lol there is soooo much to keep u occupied and the clan progression trees 35 of us trying to go through it as quick as we can and we’re only at 3% so there is a lot to do here.

Was up to the early hours last night with a guildie working our way through the story and it was hard. Lvl 48 tongs known as earwigs we had to lure 3 at a time or we wiped.

Id say the 1-30 content gives you a false perspective which is the negative

Reactions: ventus
Upvote 0

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
i really couldnt get past the forced fmvs, and sometimes with no skip option i sadly uninstalled it. I am all for story modes but i was in such a rush to get to non story mode i lost my patience with it.

Upvote 0

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
If you enjoy not playing games and paying 1000's on micro transactions every month then yes its worth it.

Sadly it offers nothing the other auto play games this is based on offers.

Upvote 0

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Don't bother, just wait for the next big private server. Whales on mobile games will always dominate.

Upvote 0

Slayer1985

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2014
Feels like old mir once u hit 40 grind wise, dying is massively punishing to your exp and if you see someone with a +7 weapon or +7 ring they have been very lucky it didn’t smash to pieces

Upvote 0

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Give it a try, at first it looked like crap but after playing for a bit it gets interesting. Very cool seeing familair mir mobs with new 3d models.

Upvote 0

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
I've been trying to give it a fair go but I'm finding it very heavy on auto-play and questing... I haven't felt anything special and it hasn't really reeled me in. I was expecting more :(

Upvote 0

Slayer1985

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2014
I've been trying to give it a fair go but I'm finding it very heavy on auto-play and questing... I haven't felt anything special and it hasn't really reeled me in. I was expecting more :(
It’s definitely not for everyone mate

Upvote 0

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Has anyone killed wt or zt or any off the original mir 2 bosses, are they even in the game? ..I'd love to see what they look like in 3d. The game isn't for me, but it still be interesting to see old mobs done in 3d.

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
It passes the time of day in a sense.

Auto-Play allows you to grind out items you need for crafting and to level up; I am level 30 now and game is OK; not properly got into it yet.
Gathering etc is alright, they have plenty of systems for you to work on to power up.

Wallet warriors will 100% be a thing, and I don't like that the market seems to be for Gold only (as you can buy clumps of gold, adding more of a p2w aspect to the game)

I just play it for what it is, I am fully prepared to not be at the top as I don't plan to invest 1000$'s to get to the top

Reactions: ventus and Damian
Upvote 0

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
not 1 but 2 season passes to buy :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: game will be dead once the stolen credit card accounts are removed

Upvote 0

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I'm enjoying the game I'd say its a lot less than 10% whales probably top 20 or so on server would be whales who spent heavily on the game then down from 21-100 you have Freemium and the lucky F2P players past that point its just everyone else but other than the whales you can compete with the other classes in pvp/pk to a point as with Mir certain classes are better at PK at certain point atm Wizards are Taoist are killing it because Warrior/Lancers don't have all there skills and have to get into melee that and early game gear has more relevant defense that say endgame where attacks overtake defense by a larger margin.

I'll be honest I've spent £30 on the game the 2 14 days packs the event pack 1 and the monthly trail pack but I've almost got 40k power score but there are F2P in the guild with similar scores as luck does play a factor with the summon system.

Upvote 0

Slayer1985

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2014
Reviews on steam are really poor over all, mainly slating auto play, but still 22k players logged in via the app right now 😂

Upvote 0

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Reviews on steam are really poor over all, mainly slating auto play, but still 22k players logged in via the app right now 😂

Is it cross-platform?
Per say, can you play on PC with another friend which is playing on Android ?

Upvote 0