Mir4 worth playing?

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
Hi all,

Long time mir player here and noticed the app on the google store so I downloaded it last night and got to level 4 or something. It seems as though it is very heavy on the auto-play side of things but then I've read some posts that it apparently improves from 25+. It reminded me a bit of black desert mobile, which I eventually got bored of playing.

How is everyone finding it?

Is the gathering and crafting system pretty decent?

Are there any similarities from Mir2 that they carried over such as subs and bossing, and PKing (balanced and fun)?

My experience with games like these is that the 'whales' (p2w) players just end up dominating, so you can't really enjoy the game without having to throw cash at it.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Reviews on steam are really poor over all, mainly slating auto play, but still 22k players logged in via the app right now 😂
But how many of them are 22k are actually playing? The game could be half decent with decent controls, but you would have to remove 80% of the content to make it playable

Upvote 0

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
you shouldnt take much notice of steam reviews they are most of the time completely bogus

Upvote 0

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Has anyone killed wt or zt or any off the original mir 2 bosses, are they even in the game? ..I'd love to see what they look like in 3d. The game isn't for me, but it still be interesting to see old mobs done in 3d.

They are, but renamed and a lot bigger 😬 I’m waiting to unlock the Evil Centipede raid

Upvote 0

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
The real questions is, how do we get our hands on a set of files?

I downloaded it yesterday just to have a look at the new models and see if there was any way to get them :) ... I would love to convert everything to mir 2/3

quite enjoying playing a little of the game but it feels a bit too flashy for me with all the skills popping off on almost every hit lol

• Love
Reactions: zedina and Alecs
Upvote 0

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
I have been playing it on mobile. At first I thought it was utter ****, but after 30-40+ it gets pretty fun.

You cant go auto level in some places because its constant pk on sight, after 50+ i expect it to only increase

Upvote 0

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
But how many of them are 22k are actually playing? The game could be half decent with decent controls, but you would have to remove 80% of the content to make it playable

Current ( at 3:34 am) 26,621
Max today 28,496

this is just on steam... doesn't include ios/android. ( I can only assume since steam can't track them )

Upvote 0

LoosePube

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Canada
It's pretty fun. I think its more fun that most mir servers we have right now. Just hit lvl 30 and it's getting a lot more fun.

Upvote 0

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Current ( at 3:34 am) 26,621
Max today 28,496

this is just on steam... doesn't include ios/android. ( I can only assume since steam can't track them )
Either way 90+% seem to be afk bots so what difference dose another 50k afk mobile bots make?

Lomcn bans cash cow servers correct? surely this should have an avoid tag at the very least. The "game" is literally built around getting you to spend money.

Reactions: Hercules
Upvote 0

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Either way 90+% seem to be afk bots so what difference dose another 50k afk mobile bots make?

Lomcn bans cash cow servers correct? surely this should have an avoid tag at the very least. The "game" is literally built around getting you to spend money.

Have to disagree there, I’m doing pretty well level 43 with a PS of 41k and I haven’t spent a penny. Although I’ll most likely be needing a new phone soon 😂

Upvote 0

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
Personally hoped this would be the next mir that brought us all together and playing the same game, shame its been recieved so poorly from all fronts really.

I admit, until level 40... yeah it feels like any other rehashed cookie-clicker crap....soon as i hit 40 and actually had to play the game, oh damn does it feel like mir lol

From the PVP somehow being 3D yet screwing me over the exact same way as mir2 (pvp feels a bit like league of legends tbh) to "ffs, i need to grind to grind to grind so i can grind". imo, the auto-battler really, just gives us some level playing field with those who bot.

The auto battle can be disabled (settings/swipe-down skill or pot) - and you kinda have to disable it for bosses and hunt areas around your level, after 40.

Yeah, for a previously subscription based game trying to meet the modern age mid-way with free to play, I can see why it starts like it does but honestly, there is a Legend of Mir game buried under that stuff lol

Be nice to see more familiar faces on EU11 :)

P.s. Samsung galexy store has a users thing, 6k playing on Samsung, 28k on Steam, unfortunately Apple has the market share in Asia (bar Huawei) so chances are the majority of people playing are on Apple and no idea how check that.

Upvote 0

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I disagree that it should have an avoid tag, I understand Auto-Play isn't for everyone and infairness its been said many times now at 40 its better to manual because its very easy to die and PVP/PK really opens up. (Mir on LOMCN nowdays isn't much different you get people using macro players or paying a leveler only difference is everyone has access to it)

As for it being Pay to Win that isn't the case all paying does is gives you a lead for few months on Free to play and Freemium there is like maybe 2 massive whales on the server who have spent probably a couple of thousands to get to the top 2 spots but after them the power level of the players starts dipping massively down to 20th at which point the playing field is about the same.

No.1 has 81K Powerscore. I have spent £30 and have 44k my friend has spent nothing and has 41k the gap between us is small we started roughthly the same time Jamie I think started at launch time and I don't think he has spent out but has 49k Powerscore the player in 20th on the server has 53k powerscore.

The top 20 right now except the no.1 and no.2 are only a couple of thousand-hundred powerscore apart and powerscore doesn't mean you will win skill and class play a huge factor on here. People views on here and in the review sections are clouded because of how the early game starts its as simple as that.

Me personally I'm looking forward to going for a proviance once we are able doesn't matter if we get it but large scale PVP/PK is fun.

Reactions: deano13 and ventus
Upvote 0

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I disagree that it should have an avoid tag, I understand Auto-Play isn't for everyone and infairness its been said many times now at 40 its better to manual because its very easy to die and PVP/PK really opens up. (Mir on LOMCN nowdays isn't much different you get people using macro players or paying a leveler only difference is everyone has access to it)

As for it being Pay to Win that isn't the case all paying does is gives you a lead for few months on Free to play and Freemium there is like maybe 2 massive whales on the server who have spent probably a couple of thousands to get to the top 2 spots but after them the power level of the players starts dipping massively down to 20th at which point the playing field is about the same.

No.1 has 81K Powerscore. I have spent £30 and have 44k my friend has spent nothing and has 41k the gap between us is small we started roughthly the same time Jamie I think started at launch time and I don't think he has spent out but has 49k Powerscore the player in 20th on the server has 53k powerscore.

The top 20 right now except the no.1 and no.2 are only a couple of thousand-hundred powerscore apart and powerscore doesn't mean you will win skill and class play a huge factor on here. People views on here and in the review sections are clouded because of how the early game starts its as simple as that.

Me personally I'm looking forward to going for a proviance once we are able doesn't matter if we get it but large scale PVP/PK is fun.
I've spent about £100 and got 33k? haha

• Haha
Reactions: Vyse
Upvote 0

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
@Martyn Buy both the expansion tickets from the common products shops under consumables theres an extra 100 slots.

Do raids, quests ect to get blue gear and enhance +5 and enchant it with stats (Skill damage, All Damage, Crit Damage, Crit rate are good for DPS) AFK in zones when your not able to play that are 15-20 level lower than you can get decent amount of materials and XP.

Lastly Combine Magic stones and Treasures trying to get blue quality ones to replace the green ones you probably have equiped, and remember to do the common product summons for skill tomes and spirits up to 120k.

Only do ticket summons/gold when you can do 10+1 as your getting more bang for you buck.

Have fun.

Upvote 0

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
The wrong **** 😂 my bags etc are always nearly maxed out, am missing something arent I haha

You crazy mofo 😂

as mentioned but the bag expansions for copper, unseal your shite, look for requests/mission to craft better gear and work on your conquests/constitution/Innerforce, if anything you should of spend the £8 for the 14day summon spirit stones, not £100 on absolutely anything 😬

Upvote 0