Important Mirfiles access

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm going through the process of having the 'malicious website' warnings removed from Mirfiles and as a result you'll notice that the mir2 and mir3 directories are now password protected. This is only to keep bots out, not people.

The login is very simple!

Username: mirfiles
Password: mirfiles

This may/may not be a permanent fixture, I'll keep you updated.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Hi all,

I'm going through the process of having the 'malicious website' warnings removed from Mirfiles and as a result you'll notice that the mir2 and mir3 directories are now password protected. This is only to keep bots out, not people.

The login is very simple!

Username: mirfiles
Password: mirfiles

This may/may not be a permanent fixture, I'll keep you updated.

if people cba to put a user/pass in, then that's on them.

Good to see this being remedied, always hate seeing that blood red screen warning me about something I dont care about.

Nostalgic

LOMCN Member
May 19, 2020
It's worth noting that mirfiles.co.uk is blocked via BT Internet by default (downloading from AutoPatcher is also blocked). To get around this you must login to BT Internet's Portal (this is not the modem configuration page) and disable BT Web Protect.

Currently (using a different ISP), adjusting the below still shows connection errors.
Mir2Config.ini > [Launcher] > 'Login' > mirfiles
Mir2Config.ini > [Launcher] > 'Password' > mirfiles
Mir2Config.ini > [Launcher] > 'NeedLogin' > True

Last edited:
Reactions: LOMValkyrie

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I expect tai only applied the username and password to the http port, so the ftp should have no requirement on needing credentials still.

If this isn't correct @Tai let me know so I can change the default patcher credentials

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Yeah ftp access is separate from this, you don't need to change anything for the patcher.

Reactions: Far

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I've just confirmed what Nostalgic said, and i can no longer use the autopatcher as its failing to get the PList. Tried both with and without credientials. @Tai

This is likely because the patcher accesses the site via HTTP

Host=http://mirfiles.co.uk/mir2/cmir/patch/
PatchFile=PList.gz

Is there an anonymous FTP address we can download the files from

Reactions: Nostalgic

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Is there an anonymous FTP address we can download the files from

No. I've moved the problem files to /mir2/legacy_server/ and moved the password protection to that folder only. It's graveyard **** anyway. Hopefully everything else in the mir2 directory is non-problematic...

Mir3 remains unchanged.

Reactions: Seanofsmeg and Far