Mirs 10year anniversary?

matrix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2003
omg real been this long i remember play real mir, got fed up that, made matixtest sever, join lomcn 2003 then turned matrix test into locms update to 1.9 now im here again lol nice see forms still running

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
10 years..gotta be one of longest running games lol?... still has a community of over 400-500+ players.. just not all on the same server ><

around 200 on 3H 50 on furian, 50-60 P69, and like 50 looking for something to play, would be great if we could get EVERYONE on one server, for the last 2-3 years. with no donations (as such), purely donations just to keep dedi runnin, kinda like a LOMCN project, but it wud probarly be in development for a week then die out ><.

bet if u cud make a proper balanced, stable, none donation server, with a few new things ect thats been needed for a while, and run and sanctioned by LOMCN u'd easy get 200-300 UC. as there is EASILY 300 people, playing atm, Not to mention the people who would come back to try it....

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
10 years..gotta be one of longest running games lol?... still has a community of over 400-500+ players.. just not all on the same server ><

around 200 on 3H 50 on furian, 50-60 P69, and like 50 looking for something to play, would be great if we could get EVERYONE on one server, for the last 2-3 years. with no donations (as such), purely donations just to keep dedi runnin, kinda like a LOMCN project, but it wud probarly be in development for a week then die out ><.

bet if u cud make a proper balanced, stable, none donation server, with a few new things ect thats been needed for a while, and run and sanctioned by LOMCN u'd easy get 200-300 UC. as there is EASILY 300 people, playing atm, Not to mention the people who would come back to try it....

Everyone has different tastes now, you could never make a server to please the whole community.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Everyone has different tastes now, you could never make a server to please the whole community.

i suppose, still think a completly new euro rate server maybe x2.(But nothing actually from euro, i mean we have ppl who can make items ect, and re-colour/edit armours/weps)
also mapmakers, coders, all worked together, cud make a decent Lowrate that cud get atleast same as what FH lr did (150+).

would be very popular.

but its getting everyone together, and agree'ing on set of files ect, then getting them all to contribute. would be a nightmare for person running it, also u cud do all this work, for 1 person 2 disapear and hold the whole project up.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Seconded Hazuki! First server is always the best its like anything the second time around is never as good no matter whats been changed!! :)

ishi

LOMCN n00bie
May 31, 2009
london
Started playing June 2001 so 10 years now of Mir of one server or another.
Played Euro LOM until it's very last day when the towns were packed with bosses where some player ( not going to name him here) gave the GM access out and kids went stupid.
Ahhh the good old days.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
God, that guy must be mental to do such a thing. Crazy mental...

Da Warrio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2003
If you are truely oldscholl you will kremmeber ggmania. The old forum we used to use to share IPs for Mir2 Servers that would get randomly spammed daily for 30 pages.

I think my first Ever server was a old ktest Server. Then Zanararkand.

Wow first person to mention zanarkand! That was one of the biggest from ggmania, with 100+ players at times. Also ggmania was funny with everyone pretending to be each other as you didnt have logins.

Remember Shinoda originally running it

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
10 years... I only played for about a year before moving to Soma but what i remember from Mir was the downloading the client at 56kbs.
Oh and i remember the spider place patch but thats about it, in end i just paid for a high lvl warrior and went pkin before i quit lol.