MirWorld [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
Any plans to do anything about your dwindling user count? Server showed promise and was enjoyable , really hate to see it so low user count wise

Monkeh

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 10, 2007
Wales, UK
To be honest, the struggle is to keep the server up, dont know how many times its gone down in the last 48 hours

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
the main setup of the server seems okay so far, few little bits though...

Skellies are almost useless past lvl 20 (they die in bug cave during 1 lure at least twice),
drops make absolutely no sense, bosses give you sun potions only. mobs give you an item for that level every 1 in 100 mobs,
theres a rift for lvl 1-25 then nothing until lvl 60,
lvl 26-30 is a maximum of 0.3% per kill per mob. This is on the most difficult mobs in this area and takes around 6-10 hits to kill said mob.

under level 30 seems like it still needs to go through a testing stage. I have yet to hit 30 + yet due to the experience issue. but will feed back when I do

Totally agree on the rifts part were merely an addition to suit the players I have wishing to re roll and try another class. At first glance if you hadn’t played from launch you would wonder what the hell they even are there for. Thankfully I have re thought this process as it was a **** experience for a fresh face wanting to play the 1-25 lvls at their own pace and liked the general feel of it.

After a few PMs from new folk joining I removed the rift and redone the exp table from 1-25 meaning within a short evening you can complete these 3 zones and get through the 7 different kill areas it has to offer.

Catching the 2/3 top guilds that are 40+ is asking abit much for any newcomer tbh but I will stand by my word that il keep updating and improving the server even for anyone who wishes to give it a go at there own pace. When I start adding map events they will be focused on noob areas aswell as the higher crowd.

I dont make any money from this as there’s no GameShop, it’s always been about making my own.

Feel free to PM me ingame /GMHerc I’m available every evening at the very least ingame and always available on discord to talk you through anything like drops and skills.

Fester

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 11, 2004
Herc,
I really enjoyed this server ( started as soon as it was released ), i liked the quest aspect of it but i feel you pampered a handfull of people on here and forgot about the rest, changed things to suit the few top players and the rest just got left behind.
Personally i like a bit of a grind, thats what Mir was all about but i feel what you have done recently has ruined it, i flew up to lvl 40 in 2 days, and that wasnt much effort at all and now im lost, the lvl 40+ areas are not good for soloing and i cant find any groups because you get booted from the starter guild too early.
Such a shame you folded under pressure but your user count shows that its gone in the wrong direction.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
Don't think hes too bothered about user count and what not .
I enjoyed the server at the start too , so it's a shame to see it going to pot

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
If people haven't played it yet, I would recommend it, especially if you like Final Fantasy music.

I think the big thing I was 'let down' on was the excitement to go to the Gold Saucer to find nothing was there
Perhaps add daily challenges in there with gold entry or what have you
Some Ideas
> A zone by zone, collect the key in 5 minutes (rng from a mob) get it go to next stage - mobs get harder, you either take your reward or risk it to get the next stage rewards
> Boss "BattleGround" - Do a Sub Boss / Low Boss / High Boss variants - make them all BOSSNAME00 - so you can make their drops worse - since they are easier to get too

I would potentially also add in some more dynamic quests so collect items, speak to people, (also use FLAG quests for finding objects n the like)

Would recommend the server, a few additions could really pack a punch to your UC in a good way
If you want a hand with some ideas / additions just let me know and I can ping stuff over to you :)

• Love
Reactions: Hercules

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I couldn’t ask for more from a first server, the exp table early on is easier now as the core groups are 35-47 and end game here is 60. Plenty of ppl in the 40+ zones all day.

Will be adding BDD and Orcs tomorrow then will be concentrating on adding a league of legend style 5v5 map for anyone at any lvl to enjoy.....The bonus you would have from being higher lvl and better kit ingame would be your skin used whilst playing MirLeagues. Hopefully I can add a league ranking system and then we’re go from there.

To keep up on all the additions I’m adding follow the other thread I have here as it’s just full of updates https://www.lomcn.org/forum/threads/mirworld-launch-🚀-friday-22nd-may-9pm.104505/

Reactions: zedina

WarDog

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 29, 2011
when i load game auto patcher comes on but then a square comes and says cannot get patch information.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
What server are you talking about?

This subforum is to report bugs and problems with LOMCN.

PsiMan

Golden Oldie
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2004
I couldn’t ask for more from a first server, the exp table early on is easier now as the core groups are 35-47 and end game here is 60. Plenty of ppl in the 40+ zones all day.

Will be adding BDD and Orcs tomorrow then will be concentrating on adding a league of legend style 5v5 map for anyone at any lvl to enjoy.....The bonus you would have from being higher lvl and better kit ingame would be your skin used whilst playing MirLeagues. Hopefully I can add a league ranking system and then we’re go from there.

To keep up on all the additions I’m adding follow the other thread I have here as it’s just full of updates https://www.lomcn.org/forum/threads/mirworld-launch-🚀-friday-22nd-may-9pm.104505/
Post automatically merged:

hope you enjoy your server! Your server count was half of me! Booting someone for their opinions is really low! Hope your server crashes and burns like I know it will without good people like me, later looser!

WarDog

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 29, 2011
sorry if i posted wrong place but it was for mirworld

Sorry if posted in wrong place but i'm on Mirworld and having trouble with auto patcher.

Reactions: Hercules

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
@WarDog

94.10.95.184 Is the correct new IP and and should be in the Mir2Test file

http://www.mirworld.co.uk/MirWorld.rar is the most upto date client (as the auto patcher is not playing ball at the mo) but download that for all the latest patches

This should solve any issues and ignore the little box that says cannot get patch info

Last edited:
Reactions: xLamborx

xLamborx

LOMCN Leecher
Jun 3, 2020
i to had same problem but thanks @Hercules for recent reply about the autopatcher issue , all good now im back on (y)
can i also add that is it possible if you can make Warriors more useful with being more tanked please ?

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
i to had same problem but thanks @Hercules for recent reply about the autopatcher issue , all good now im back on (y)
can i also add that is it possible if you can make Warriors more useful with being more tanked please ?

It has been brought up a few times as there is a lot of solo and pve play going on, I have already made some changes to expx3 and dropsx2 across all areas and I will also lower the difficulty of all Bosses Subs and Supers in tonight’s reboot for ppl to continue having fun at there own pace 👍🏻

Here is the thread with all the latest changes helping to boost solo and pve play, help with some fun stats to awakening and gemming and also help towards newcomers.

Reactions: xLamborx
Status
Not open for further replies.