**MISSING**

smoochy boys on tour

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Large player base? Its dropped over 300 uc in 2 weeks. The gms complete lack off communication is woeful. Server be dead in less than a month the way its going. Never known such a lack off communication from a server host in 20 years. Even official gave more 🤣🤣

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Large player base? Its dropped over 300 uc in 2 weeks. The gms complete lack off communication is woeful. Server be dead in less than a month the way its going. Never known such a lack off communication from a server host in 20 years. Even official gave more 🤣🤣

I know right? I tried to ask for my own name when the server first started as some mong decided to use everyone's name possible.

Cute that they used mine since I haven't played any Mir servers since Valk.

Needless to say the cheeky cockwomble deleted my pleasantly pleading ticket and just upright blanked me!

totally rude man.

On an actual serious note, you guys harness this UC and then bugger off ? I'd get it if it was a quick knock it up and smash it down server but you literally took years to release.

You guys on crack?

Reactions: ventus

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I know right? I tried to ask for my own name when the server first started as some mong decided to use everyone's name possible.

Needless to say the cheeky cockwomble deleted my pleasantly pleading ticket and just upright blanked me!

totally rude man.

On an actual serious note, you guys harness this UC and then bugger off ? I'd get it if it was a quick knock it up and smash it down server but you literally took years to release.

You guys on crack?

GameMasters probably got overwhelmed how mir community turned toxic than how it was before (probably Wittin is the most affected by the salt)

Reactions: Tai

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
GameMasters probably got overwhelmed how mir community turned toxic than how it was before (probably Wittin is the most affected by the salt)

Sounds like they need to grow a set of knackers, the **** they doing here if they can't handle the community.

Pansies lol

Reactions: ventus

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Sounds like they need to grow a set of knackers, the **** they doing here if they can't handle the community.

Pansies lol

They worked a lot on their files, probably is demoralizing when someone says "fix that **** yo" "this is ****", and stuff like that.

Reactions: Alecs

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
They worked a lot on their files, probably is demoralizing when someone says "fix that **** yo" "this is ****", and stuff like that.

Nawwww, every server creator is aware of this. If they let it get to them, then seriously, what the hell have they been doing....surely the toxicity of the community was a marginal factor in their preparations lol.

I'm going to go ahead and assume the overwhelming state of the planet is the reason, I mean... its ******* depressing right now.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
as a person who has suffered from out right toxic crap for a server that was relentless i can see why they would lose heart for the server they created.

but theres 3 of them, i maxed at 140 users, not 400+ so i can only imagine the abuse.

Discord is NOT a positive for a server owner, and when i go live ill be leaving discord and updating via the forums, if people cant be bothered to check the forums thats their loss imo

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
as a person who has suffered from out right toxic crap for a server that was relentless i can see why they would lose heart for the server they created.

but theres 3 of them, i maxed at 140 users, not 400+ so i can only imagine the abuse.

Discord is NOT a positive for a server owner, and when i go live ill be leaving discord and updating via the forums, if people cant be bothered to check the forums thats their loss imo

Discord indeed is not positive but gives the information about patches fast and quick, however is a bless and a curse in the same time.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Just grow a set of knackers man!

Mir players are like people with downsyndrome, just clap hard and talk slowly, they'll listen.

EDIT: It does baffle me at how stupid the majority of this community are though. You all bitch and moan about no decent servers coming fourth and when some do, you pick it apart like a spoilt brat, fortunately I've never been in the position to have to deal with the community in such a way, and luckily so (there's only so many infractions I can have).

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Discord indeed is not positive but gives the information about patches fast and quick, however is a bless and a curse in the same time.

You can give the same info in real time on a forum.

On discord everybody is eager to comment anything. It's also easy to make new accounts to troll.

Use LOMCN instead. The staff is nice and that way we'll get to 1 million posts before we all die.

Mir players are like people with downsyndrome, just clap hard and talk slowly, they'll listen.
chromosome.jpg

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
The user count dropped over Xmas because fishing became pointless. I know people that had 2/3/4 fishers going at once and stopped logging them on.. so that’s where the vast majority of the user count went.

I would happily revert back to forums if I felt that they bothered with them. I posted a potential bug regarding refines but haven’t had a reply, another server owner has replied why can’t they?

I honestly think they have done a great job so far and that’s why it’s so weird that they put a Xmas event in and completely disappear. Even the smallest bit of communication when people are donating quite a lot isn’t too much to ask for.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Not all are like that, a good chunk of the userbase are by players who check information from time to time and play the game how it is.
The rest are splitted between thus who give feedback and others who are salty and complain on anything.

Wittin before release was very communicative and a nice guy, who knows, maybe they got real life stuff to deal with.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Regardless How people have acted its their server and a business. like breezer said they should grow a pair between them. In fact probably buy a pair between them with the money they made of all them donations. Its funny 90% of what being said of late was said early stages people just dismissed it because they felt the gms had to much to do.

In reality they did sweet **** all but knock a basic server up with tweaked heroes . rest was all plain basic. 8 month beta 2 years of testing and i fount 5 bugs 2 exploits in 2 days. One of those being archers could hit anything 4-5 screen`s away.. and along with the green key boss spawning exploit.... (tested btw) all reported took 5-6days to remove one of the exploits while openly knowing what people was doing. that has 0 to do with how people are reacting to their server. that's called being lazy and not doing a reboot when it was 100% required.

I cant say anything bad about them as people. but as server owners in general absolute shocking. Infact i saw 6-7people being banned by just coming at them with facts. they didn't like it so removed them from discord.

I've never once been banned off their server nor done any charge backs.. But if any server i was going to claim back on would be this one. But sold my char start of 2nd month I never thought about re installing once. doing things i was doing in 1st 4-5days is not fun for me. and felt like 0 progression Again referring to what breezer said the ban button is there / block. you dont ignore 90% of your community trying to help just cause 10% is people complaining. oh also the user count inflation was due to fisherman afking in gts. along with the miners 100-200 + was good 1st for month but over all 5/10 even then still being a bit kind! happy 2021 also!

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019

totally rude man.

You guys on crack?
Funny that because they changed a lot of bought account names for no reason?

Reactions: mistodon

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
What is wrong with blocking people that are troublesome, that keep spamming and direct messaging you??

The likes of Jesus, Tony's brother and Holly I would just put on perma block if I was in the business of owning and improving a server, it's kind of disturbing how fragile a lot of people behind the screen are.

Glad I haven't been involved with this, it's too bad the main reason why servers fail is not due to users but fragile owners.

Forums and Discord should be used, you're seriously missing out on growth and community, younger/immature people will learn there place on Discord with a bit of enforcement/"mature smackdown talk". It should be loads of fun and beneficial for people to be involved in discord, admittedly there are a good portion of people who can't deal with the pressure of being a stand out person in an involved social enviroment, so you either promote loads of people to make yourself stand out less + give ur admins the "billy big balls" pass or yea....just give up and be forum only but that is the wrong, easy and lazy option.

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Like it's said before, you just need to not let people get to you; When I ran TPR, I got a lot of arsey comments, some abuse ,but I didn't block or mute a single person, because they are your Player base, and even though what they are saying may be unjust, sometimes people just need to vent their frustrations in different ways.

Discord is 'more toxic' than the forums as every server tends to leave it un-moderated.

Overall, you have to accept the lows of being a server owner, alongside the highs; until TPR closed, I never felt disheartened with what I was putting out as I felt the content was always good quality and what the players needed.

Reactions: WelshSteel

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
I would like to know why most things were put onto Chriz, I mean there’s 2 more server owners and we only did hear from Chriz from time to time...the other 2 literally nothing 🤷‍♀️

Edit: Did say from week 1 this is beta for the dragon server 😂