Mobs editing need futher advice if theres ne

smoochy boys on tour

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Ok this is wot ive done so far.......i took the most common race...that appeared to b 81, i got the black maggot and copied it renamed newmob1...then i copied it it again tilll i got up to newmob184 ...i changed the appearence starting from 1 - 184 till i ran out of mobs that would spawn...
then i renamed everymob that had spawned with a name that i knew.......
........but there was a few blank spaces and sum of the mobs seemed a bit dodgy.....(i deleted every 1 that was already named within the patch btw )

ok my question is how do i decide race .....and have missed possible mobs out doing it this way ?????

o yes my my serverver contains mob patches 1-18 if that helps

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Well, Race, is the way the monster attacks, e.g look at a WT, its race will be different to a tongs, now if you want a tongs to have WT's attack, but not the look of it, (Just the effect) then change the race to the WT's... if you want a tongs or any mob to have a WT attack (looks of it) then use it's raceimg

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
yeah, what blam said, however i recieved problems when trying this.

i put the darkdevil (ancient zuma) into my server files, and i wanted it to have a flaming attack (in euro mir it kinda does a type of flaming sword on with its claw it looks ace!) so i give it the raceimg of the zumataurus.

when i loaded my server up and spawned a darkdevil, it was walking sideways and it was all messed up,

i changed it to the raceimg of an oma i think and it worked pefectly. so be careful when picking ur raceimg, however i would suggest using omas raceimg or normally walking mobs such as them.

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
is it worth running a check on different races to see if other mobs excist in the patches or have i just about covered them all